NFL: 2021 Injuries/Covid Thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thats what i was talking about
Raiders get the short end of it always. But not like they have blown out teams when playing against backup QBs in Cleveland or Denver.

NFL trying to finish the year and want the QBs available for the playoffs.
No one wants to see Henne in for KC, Trubisky in for Buff. or Love in for GB, Rush for Dal, Gabbert for TB and so forth down the line.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Saints actually reached out to him last week. He told them he was retired.

That was Brees I think. Rivers was begging teams to give him a December call a couple months ago and the Colts would be ideal for him lol.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was Brees I think. Rivers was begging teams to give him a December call a couple months ago and the Colts would be ideal for him lol.
Is rivers even in shape enough to absorb and continue playing from a blindside blitz? Guy hasn’t been training for football for months now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raiders get the short end of it always. But not like they have blown out teams when playing against backup QBs in Cleveland or Denver.

NFL trying to finish the year and want the QBs available for the playoffs.
No one wants to see Henne in for KC, Trubisky in for Buff. or Love in for GB, Rush for Dal, Gabbert for TB and so forth down the line.
That's definitely what they're trying to do. They don't want Covid protocol to decide a playoff game. That's why they keep changing them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's definitely what they're trying to do. They don't want Covid protocol to decide a playoff game. That's why they keep changing them.
Even Brees has said on SNF that you do need to practice to be ready for games. I think the older you are that you can get away from not practicing and be ready to play a good game.

Not sure if the younger top end guys can do that right now. But expect that more from a Rodgers and Brady.

I think not practicing is likely to hurt Wentz even if he is permitted to play vs Vegas.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah Cousins isn't great by any means but without him the Vikings really don't have a prayer against a Green Bay team fighting for seeding.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wentz is activated. He must have tested positive on Monday

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Brutal for the guy who was due to be a free agent this off season just like Godwin except he hadn’t made any real money yet. Last year of his rookie deal.

Likely was looking at Galliday type money in free agency before the injury.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brutal for the guy who was due to be a free agent this off season just like Godwin except he hadn’t made any real money yet. Last year of his rookie deal.

Likely was looking at Galliday type money in free agency before the injury.
Cap goes up, he'll still get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad