Who is the Devils' #15 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Is it good? How much ice time he will got?
He was recruited to the top college program in the country. He may struggle for minutes on a stacked Michigan team his freshman year, but it is certainly a good thing to be recruited there.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He was recruited to the top college program in the country. He may struggle for minutes on a stacked Michigan team his freshman year, but it is certainly a good thing to be recruited there.
Everybody like minutes. Everybody wants minutes. Everybody need minutes.
If he will stay top-6 defenseman, he may be top-4 defenseman next year. But he need to find a way to play regular role for the beggining. In his D+2 year. This is not good for his development.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I usually post my own personal top-20 when we do these and I haven't done that yet, so here's my list

1. Hughes
2. Holtz
3. Mercer
4. Foote
5. Stillman
6. Mukhamadullin
7. Clarke
8. Bahl
9. Okhotiuk
10. Vukojevich
11. Thompson
12. Walsh
13. Daws
14. Salminen
15. Pytlik
16. Gritsyuk
17 McCarthy
18. Moynihan
19. Zetterlund
20. Studenic
I really like your list . I think / hope that Salminen can skyrocket up higher if he fixes his skating

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Everybody like minutes. Everybody wants minutes. Everybody need minutes.
If he will stay top-6 defenseman, he may be top-4 defenseman next year. But he need to find a way to play regular role for the beggining. In his D+2 year. This is not good for his development.
Way too early to say whether or not this is good for his development, though training and practicing with/against a team that features 4 of the top 5 picks in the 2021 draft hardly seems bad for any prospect’s development.

If he has a future as an NHL defenseman he’ll earn his minutes on this team.

Reactions: Guttersniped

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Way too early to say whether or not this is good for his development, though training and practicing with/against a team that features 4 of the top 5 picks in the 2021 draft hardly seems bad for any prospect’s development.

This is pretty interesting. He's a lefty d-man, so assuming Power stays another year, and Hughes will be there as well, he will be down the depth chart a bit. For this upcoming season at least. Plus guys like Truscot(5th rounder coming back for his sophmore season) and Summers(undrafted but will be a senior) are lefties who look to be back next year. Now Power will stay one more year max at Michigan, and Hughes is probably 2 years, so that depth chart eases in future seasons. And no question certain lefties will be on the right side.

But hat is a tough lineup to crack for a lefty d-man.

On the other hand practices will no doubt be high level, and if your willing to play the long game, if Edwards is able to earn top pair minutes, as well as earning his way onto special teams, that would likely mean he will be a very polished prospect by the time he decides to go pro.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

If he will earn minutes - that’s good, if not - that’s bad. Especially for d+2 year. Practicing with talented but younger players to let them play isn’t good for that time of development. Some players from did drafted after edwards, did play and now playing with adults.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

Yes and no. The top handful of college programs in the US have been known to sign more players than the number of roster positions available.

And the book is still out on the University of Michigan as a place to further improve a player's game once he arrives on campus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad