Racing: 2021 Formula 1 Season

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Aight as good as the 2020 F1 season might've been I think we can all agree to just leave that whole year behind us shall we?

The calendar of 2021 as of the time I'm typing this looks as follows. What it's going to look like tomorrow, a week or a month from now is a whole nother thing. Australia is already all but guaranteed to be cancelled/postponed but no official word on it yet so I'm gonna throw it in there.

RoundRaceCircuitDate
1Australian Grand PrixAlbert Park CircuitMarch 19-21
2Bahrain Grand PrixBahrain International CircuitMarch 26-28
3Chinese Grand PrixShanghai International CircuitApril 9-11
4TBCTBCApril 23-25
5Spanish Grand PrixCircuit de Barcelona-CatalunyaMay 7-9
6Monaco Grand PrixCircuit de MonacoMay 20-23
7Azerbaijan Grand PrixBaku City CircuitJune 4-6
8Canadian Grand PrixCircuit Gilles VilleneuveJune 11-13
9French Grand PrixCircuit Paul RicardJune 25-27
10Austrian Grand PrixRed Bull RingJuly 2-4
11British Grand PrixSilverstone CircuitJuly 16-18
12Hungarian Grand PrixHungaroringJuly 30 - August 1
13Belgian Grand PrixCircuit de Spa-FrancorchampsAugust 27-29
14Dutch Grand PrixCircuit ZandvoortSeptember 3-5
15Italian Grand PrixAutodromo Nazionale di MonzaSeptember 10-12
16Russian Grand PrixSochi AutodromSeptember 24-26
17Singapore Grand PrixMarina Bay Street CircuitOctober 1-3
18Japanese Grand PrixSuzuka International Racing CourseOctober 8-10
19United States Grand PrixCircuit of the AmericasOctober 22-24
20Mexican Grand PrixAutódromo Hermanos RodriguezOctober 29-31
21Brazilian Grand PrixAutódromo José Carlos PaceNovember 12-14
22Saudi Arabian Grand PrixJeddah Street CircuitNovember 26-28
23Abu Dhabi Grand PrixYas Marina CircuitDecember 3-5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lewis Hamilton's contract is yet to be announced and reports say there is some friction between the two parties. I'm not going to believe for one second the contract is not going to be made until I see Mercedes announcing it.

MercedesValtteri Bottas
Red BullMax VerstappenSergio Perez
McLarenLando NorrisDaniel Ricciardo
Aston MartinLance StrollSebastian Vettel
AlpineEsteban OconFernando Alonso
FerrariCharles LeclercCarlos Sainz
AlphaTauriPierre GaslyYuki Tsunoda
Alfa RomeoKimi RäikkönenAntonio Giovinazzi
HaasMick SchumacherNikita Mazepin
WilliamsGeorge RussellNicholas Latifi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Preseason testing is scheduled on March 2-4, but is likely going to be switched from Catalunya to Bahrain.

Racing Point is rebranded as Aston Martin, Renault as Alpine.
Grosjean, Magnussen, Kvyat, Albon leave the grid. In come the new rookies Mick Schumacher, Nikita Mazepin, Yuki Tsunoda and Fernando Alonso. Tsunoda's probably going to be the easiest to spot as he's a full 11 centimetres shorter than the next shortest guy on the grid.
FP1 and FP2 are reduced to 60 minutes, meaning the total practice time comes down from 4 hours to 3.
F2 and F3 will now have three races per weekend, and will no longer race on the same weekend with each other. W Series will also become a support series to Formula 1.
Lewis Hamilton currently sits at 95 race wins and 98 pole positions so when/if he re-signs with Mercedes he's all but guaranteed to be the first driver to hit the big fat number of 100. A record 8th world title is pretty much his alongside dozens of more or less relevant records.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Looks like the rumours of BWT being out are true. So.... possible no pink livery in F1 this year unless they move over to Haas or something.

Cognizant's colour is a deep blue so maybe we're getting a blue and green livery for Aston Martin.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Looks like the rumours of BWT being out are true. So.... possible no pink livery in F1 this year unless they move over to Haas or something.
They could be a sponsor without imposing the colour change. I can't see any team agreeing to it with the amount of pink Mercedes, Racing Point and Force India -jokes that team would get.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Doesn't sound like it was Cyril's choice.

Also. Jerkweed from Rich Energy has posted a video saying they're coming back to F1....

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Also. Jerkweed from Rich Energy has posted a video saying they're coming back to F1....
I mean... if there's a team out there that's willing to commit to Rich Energy after that shitshow with Haas then frankly they deserve to get screwed.

Reactions: DaveG

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I just gotta assume he's trying to get free publicity at this point. Gets people talking. Blah blah.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Leclerc tests positive for Covid. I'm just shocked it wasn't Ricciardo.

Alpine revelaed their "Winter Livery"....which...I'm not even sure what that means.

Fairly ugly. But I saw somebody modify it in the comments. This is fairly nice.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Leclerc tests positive for Covid. I'm just shocked it wasn't Ricciardo.

Alpine revelaed their "Winter Livery"....which...I'm not even sure what that means.

Fairly ugly. But I saw somebody modify it in the comments. This is fairly nice.

A hint of France there as well. I like it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
F2 and F3 will now have three races per weekend, and will no longer race on the same weekend with each other.
And as a result of this Matteo Nannini will race in both F2 and F3 this year with HWA, pretty sure that's not what they intended. Unless I'm mistaken you can only gather super license points from one championship per year, so teams can't just do this to bring a verstappen into F1 earlier.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
5xt1mmhf0xd61.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Formula E would be a lot more popular if the cars were not so slow. Even so, I like it.
Formula E probably draws most of its viewers due to it being more or less the graveyard of former F1 drivers. It's fine for now but I don't think that's what they want in the long term.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Feelgood story to start the week: Juan Manuel Correa will be racing for ART in F3 this season. Considering at one point he wasn't sure if he'd keep his legs, I'd say that's a win in my books.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Feelgood story to start the week: Juan Manuel Correa will be racing for ART in F3 this season. Considering at one point he wasn't sure if he'd keep his legs, I'd say that's a win in my books.

It's also significantly earlier than doctor projections too. This is as feel good a story as there is.

In other news. F1 grid getting closer to herd immunity as Pierre Gasly confirms he tested positive for Covid.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Apparently due to cancellation in 2020 and postponement this year they're planning to make changes to the GP at Albert Park this year. I hope they work because I really like the place but damn does it produce boring races.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad