2021 Draft Position Tracker

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
For me, it would be different if it was Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Mantha, etc. But Mrazek was different.

Osgood
Howard
Mrazek

We haven’t had many home grown goalies and Mrazek was suppose to be a young star goalie. I’d certainly like the pick at 22 vs 23. But if there’s anyone that I care about winning a cup outside of the wings, it’s Mrazek.

I’d actually like him to return this summer.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
So, the first-rounder from the Capitals... Washington didn't win their division in the regular season and it looks like teams with worse records than them who will not make it into the conference finals total six:

1. Boston or Islanders
2. Nashville
3. Oilers
4. Jets or Habs
5. Wild
6. Blues

So, 16 + 6 = 22 (twenty-second over all pick).

However, remembering the Coyotes lost their first round pick, it will really be the 21st selection over all. Am I correct (22nd pick, but really 21st over all)?

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
So close.

If there’s 16 teams that didn’t make the playoffs and 6 teams that finished below them that aren’t going to the 3rd round that would mean 22 teams pick before them.

So, pick 23. Which is 22 factoring in Arizona.

But getting the 22nd choice is a big win considering WAS was very close to winning their division (tie breaker)

If WAS got 1 more point in the regular season that pick would be 27. (26)

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
So close.

if there’s 16 teams that didn’t make the playoffs and 6 teams that finished below them that aren’t going to the 3rd round that would mean 22 teams pick before them.

so... pick 23. Which is 22 factoring in Arizona.

But getting the 22nd choice is a big win considering Was was very close to winning their division (tie breaker)
LOL. OK I think that will be my last ginger ale.

Yeah, 23rd over all, 22nd in reality. Thanks!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Can't complain about that Washington pick moving up 3 out of a possible 4 spots. You love to see it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I know people like to say late firsts are basically seconds, but this should remind us that you can pick up a lot more value than expected. There's going to be a good player there at 23.

In recent years there have been some pretty high performing late 1st rounders in the NHL. Looking at picks 22 to 30 between 2007 and 2017 there's a pretty high success rate with those picks.

I think the trick is to draft guys with the best hockey names, because we all know that if you have a great hockey name it increases your chances of making it. The guys that busted in those ranges all sound like they should be working at the cell phone kiosk in costco. "Hi, I'm Tom McCollum! I'd like to help you save money on your cell phone bill."

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
In recent years there have been some pretty high performing late 1st rounders in the NHL. Looking at picks 22 to 30 between 2007 and 2017 there's a pretty high success rate with those picks.

I think the trick is to draft guys with the best hockey names, because we all know that if you have a great hockey name it increases your chances of making it. The guys that busted in those ranges all sound like they should be working at the cell phone kiosk in costco. "Hi, I'm Tom McCollum! I'd like to help you save money on your cell phone bill."

Excited for someone like the Canucks to take Stankoven or Samoskevich or Zellweger just to have the chance to listen to Jim Hughson over-pronounce their names.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Well, I guess that explains Dennis Cholowski.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I am pretty sure I would like Brennan Othmann a lot better if he had a different name.

Hard for me to get behind drafting a guy where every time you say his name it sounds like you have a lisp.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Time to get this thread going again? Maybe we can just change the title name.
2A4CC98D-A3B1-42F5-8CA7-258D2B660F2C.jpeg

Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad