Line Combos: 2021 Boston Bruins Lines

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’d rather Steen in that Smith spot than Kuhlman, he has more offensive upside and great shot getting fed from Hall/Krech would make it even better.

But I expect to see Kuhlman there.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
if Smith can't go tomorrow. I would insert Kuhlman

leave Debrusk with the third line.

Bruins don't need another 4th liner in the lineup. Kuhlman can at least skate and bring up the puck himself. Cause some pressure

Would actually love to see Hall and Pasta on the same line. But they won't do it right now

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I’d rather Steen in that Smith spot than Kuhlman, he has more offensive upside and great shot getting fed from Hall/Krech would make it even better.

But I expect to see Kuhlman there.

Steen?? he has no playoff experience. Kuhlman does

I like Steen and you are right, he has a better shot. But he is also not the explosive skater Kuhlman is

it makes a difference ... when a team like the Islander want to "clog you"

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
if Smith can't go tomorrow. I would insert Kuhlman

leave Debrusk with the third line.

Bruins don't need another 4th liner in the lineup. Kuhlman can at least skate and bring up the puck himself. Cause some pressure

Would actually love to see Hall and Pasta on the same line. But they won't do it right now

Contradicting yourself with this one.

Reactions: HustleB

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Steen?? he has no playoff experience. Kuhlman does

I like Steen and you are right, he has a better shot. But he is also not the explosive skater Kuhlman is

it makes a difference ... when a team like the Islander want to "clog you"
That should tell you how I feel about Kuhlman as anything but a 4th liner.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That should tell you how I feel about Kuhlman as anything but a 4th liner.

He is a supporting cast type player

play him with Hall and Krejci and he should be fine. Hall can easily skate with him and they can pressure the Ds together

Hall can do the finishing

Kuhlman needs to use a different stick or work on his passing accuracy somehow. But he does have world class straight line speed and pretty good stamina

Reactions: PlayMakers

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think the easiest thing to do is insert Kuhlman on the 2nd line. He has played there in the past, and I think his game is similar to Smith's in terms of tenacity. I would say insert Coyle at top 6 RW, but the question is, who plays center?

If Smith is out for tomorrow's game, hopefully he will be back by Thursday.

Reactions: PlayMakers

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I think you move Hall to RW and go.

Perfection
Debrusk krejci Hall
Ritchie Coyle Koolwhip
4th.

Hall has better hands, can probably handle off wing better than Dbrusk

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
Hall was forcing everything with DeBrusk on the right - he didn't trust him to make plays.

I'd be tempted to try Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak, seeing as Bergeron and Marchand can carry almost anyone. Breaking up the first line should be a last resort though.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Put Coyle with Hall and Krejci.

Make a couple grind lines out of Debrusk/Kuraly/Ritchie/Lazar/Wagner/Kuhlman/Frederic/Blidh/etc. Tell them to get pucks in deep and grind away at the Islanders D-men. Go after Pelech he's killing it out there. Islanders fans will be quieter when the puck is in their zone most of the game.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think you move Hall to RW and go.

Perfection
Debrusk krejci Hall
Ritchie Coyle Koolwhip
4th.

Hall has better hands, can probably handle off wing better than Dbrusk
I think that's a better move. Hall is more versatile than Debrusk, and puts Debrusk in more familiar and steady position for him. I don't see Hall having any issues as he's usually zipping all over anyways.

On a side note: I don't think Kuhlman is the answer to anything the Bruins need to be doing right now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Debrusk Coyle Lazar
Ritchie Kuraly Wags

Reilly Clifton
Lauzon Tinordi

If this is the case. Would be worried about 3rd pairing. Islanders would probably try to expose with no RHD

Flip flop Tinordi and Lauzon (Lauzon is better suited to his off-side) but otherwise this is spot on. And if it doesn't work, flip-flop Ritchie and Debrusk.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Flip flop Tinordi and Lauzon (Lauzon is better suited to his off-side) but otherwise this is spot on. And if it doesn't work, flip-flop Ritchie and Debrusk.
I was thinking the same except keeping Clifton with Tinordi as the puck mover and Lauzon with Reilly as the Carlo replacement.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
At this point I just don't know what to do with the 3rd and 4th lines. We play with a hand tied behind our backs some nights.

Islanders are currently much more dependable on their bottom 6, and I was hoping it wouldn't be this much of a gap.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
At this point I just don't know what to do with the 3rd and 4th lines. We play with a hand tied behind our backs some nights.

Islanders are currently much more dependable on their bottom 6, and I was hoping it wouldn't be this much of a gap.
It’s all but a guarantee Bruce sticks with his bottom 6.

I will **** a brick if he subs even ONE guy out

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Game 5

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall Krech Smith
Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Ritchie Kuraly Lazar

Gryz Mcavoy
Reilly Miller*
Lauzon Clifton

Rask

Assuming Miller’s ready. I don’t see Carlo being in, maybe who knows. Would need to adjust it depending on who’s ready.

I’d prefer sitting Ritchie but at least it gives that line some tiny bit of scoring threat. Sitting him and going with regular 4th line wouldn’t take much convincing for me.

Hopefully Kuhlman’s speed and Jake back on his natural side can get things going.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Here's how done I am with the bottom 6:
Can we just party like it's 1972 and have Bergeron and Krejci log 25 minutes each? I'm okay giving Coyle 10 mins cycling in with the wingers on the top 6. Wagner and Kuraly can penalty kill. Otherwise dress 9 defensemen just in case they injure someone again.

Reactions: MarbleMist

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
The prospect of ruminating over the bottom six for a couple of days makes me feel a little queasy. Can we just go to a happy place and pretend it doesn't exist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad