Line Combos: 2021 Boston Bruins Lines

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I feel there should be a thread just to discuss lineup options on the Bruins. If the thread already exists and I missed it my apologies.

My thoughts. Right now I am interested in seeing more Coyle between Ritchie and Smith. I would roll with this 2nd line for a while. Then, I would roll Krejci through the next two guys maybe try Bjork and DeBrusk again, roll Frederic into the competition and maybe Studnicka.

For Studincka, I think it is time to let him push Kuraly for minutes. Let him take some games at 4C and see how it goes. Maybe Kuraly plays on the wing, maybe Wagner does. I think Kuraly's fire needs to be lit and that he and Wagner should be 12th and 13th at this time.

Reactions: sarge88

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I feel there should be a thread just to discuss lineup options on the Bruins. If the thread already exists and I missed it my apologies.

My thoughts. Right now I am interested in seeing more Coyle between Ritchie and Smith. I would roll with this 2nd line for a while. Then, I would roll Krejci through the next two guys maybe try Bjork and DeBrusk again, roll Frederic into the competition and maybe Studnicka.

For Studincka, I think it is time to let him push Kuraly for minutes. Let him take some games at 4C and see how it goes. Maybe Kuraly plays on the wing, maybe Wagner does. I think Kuraly's fire needs to be lit and that he and Wagner should be 12th and 13th at this time.

I disagree. I think you leave Kuraly alone.

This maybe an unpopular opinion and likely won't happen, but I think the Bruins could start talking to teams about Krejci

If such trade happens

I like yesterday lineup of

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Debrusk Stud Bjork
Frederic Kuraly Wagner

Reactions: DKH and TobanWest

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I will never try and split up 63-37-88 again

uncle

it just works

I do though like the idea next year of a Kid line on 4th line

Frederic-Studnicka-Wagner/Senyshyn

all 6’2ish and young (referring to Senyshyn long term)

There is no point. When Bergy and Marchand retire, so should Pasta

:laugh:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

This maybe an unpopular opinion and likely won't happen, but I think the Bruins could start talking to teams about Krejci

If such trade happens

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Debrusk Stud Bjork
Frederic Kuraly Wagner
I love the thought of it and in video game franchise mode, I'm probably going to do it, but when we are one of the top teams in the league, unless we are trading Krejci in a Hockey deal and not a futures deal, I cannot send him away. This is the type of winners add at the deadline. IN addition Studnicka had a good game. I was definitely pleased, but he has not earned the right to take it from Krejci yet and there is no reason to force that.

In reality, I think I am more likely to extend Krejci, with the understanding he will be moving to the wing sometime after this season is over. Sooner rather then later.

Thanks for responding by the way, I was getting lonely in here. :help:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Coyle's an ideal 3rd line C
If he's your 2nd line C you're gonna have a bad time. If you think secondary scoring sucks now, it'll be a lot worse with Coyle in that 2nd slot
So you think that game was a one off and Ritchie-Coyle-Smith would struggle on a regular basis when compared to the other 2nd lines around the league. I thought they were legit, and if Coyle brings his big boy pants game in and game out, they could dominate possession zone play and high quality chances. Whether Smith and Ritchie are finishing would ultimately define success or failure here.

The part I really like is that Krejci theoretically should see better matchups.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I will never try and split up 63-37-88 again

uncle

it just works

same.
its pretty evident Pasta runs most of his magic with marchy and bergy.
Bruins have to focus on getting a legit 2nd liner now.

I love the trade request posted earlier about getting Ekholm and Arvedsson or Forsberg

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
So you think that game was a one off and Ritchie-Coyle-Smith would struggle on a regular basis when compared to the other 2nd lines around the league. I thought they were legit, and if Coyle brings his big boy pants game in and game out, they could dominate possession zone play and high quality chances. Whether Smith and Ritchie are finishing would ultimately define success or failure here.

The part I really like is that Krejci theoretically should see better matchups.

Yeah, I think it's a really good 3rd line & a pretty meh 2nd line night in and night out

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Yeah, I think it's a really good 3rd line & a pretty meh 2nd line night in and night out
Fair enough. If we see some more of it maybe we can return to the conversation, if we never see it again we can assume the Bruins saw it the same way you do. :)

Maybe we do get a chance to see it at least one more time if Krejci doesn't skate tomorrow.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I feel our fourth line has been very disappointing to say the least this year, in particular Wagner. Was wondering if a line of Bjork, Kuraly and Senyshyn could work lots of speed. Wagner I have lost all confidence in . If Kuraly had this much speed on his wings could it help him get his game back to where it needs to be.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I feel our fourth line has been very disappointing to say the least this year, in particular Wagner. Was wondering if a line of Bjork, Kuraly and Senyshyn could work lots of speed. Wagner I have lost all confidence in . If Kuraly had this much speed on his wings could it help him get his game back to where it needs to be.

IMO Kuraly needs to go back to 4LW, he has struggled since moving to 4C. When DK gets back I put Studnicka at 4C and shift Kuraly to 4LW to try to jump start him & give Stud opportunity to play C in the NHL, he's clearly more comfortable there than on the wing.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If we were healthier, I'd advocate to bench Frederic after that atrocious give away right in front of Halak. That play was the go ahead goal, and gave the Islanders the moment to go ahead and score 4 more unanswered, so you can argue that play cost us the game.

Kuraly could also use a game or two in the press box. I support the Studnicka to 4C movement when Krejci's back, at least for a couple games. Stud can play the PK. He may also open up Freddy's offense more-so than Kuraly does.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Coyle-DeBrusk
Frederic-Stud-Wagner

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

If such trade happens

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Debrusk Stud Bjork
Frederic Kuraly Wagner
I think you leave Kuraly alone in the press box

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
IMO Kuraly needs to go back to 4LW, he has struggled since moving to 4C. When DK gets back I put Studnicka at 4C and shift Kuraly to 4LW to try to jump start him & give Stud opportunity to play C in the NHL, he's clearly more comfortable there than on the wing.

four right shot centers is not a good idea

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
If we were healthier, I'd advocate to bench Frederic after that atrocious give away right in front of Halak. That play was the go ahead goal, and gave the Islanders the moment to go ahead and score 4 more unanswered, so you can argue that play cost us the game.

Kuraly could also use a game or two in the press box. I support the Studnicka to 4C movement when Krejci's back, at least for a couple games. Stud can play the PK. He may also open up Freddy's offense more-so than Kuraly does.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Coyle-DeBrusk
Frederic-Stud-Wagner

As stated in my previous post you have four right centers. I disagree with your fourth line . IMO I would rather see Stud in Providence than playing center on the fourth line. Wagner has simply not been playing well enough to be in the line up. Frederic should only be playing in certain games ,still learning and I feel he is very border line NHL ready

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Could always put Kuraly on the wing and Frederick at center see if it makes a difference. Frederick might be more comfortable in his natural position

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
At what point do the Bruins callup Senyshyn?

Is the Wolff ready for the nhl?

Bruins could use some muscle at the backend

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
At what point do the Bruins callup Senyshyn?

Is the Wolff ready for the nhl?

Bruins could use some muscle at the backend

Soon we hope, and by all accounts, no.

How about this: Kuraly-Frederic- Senyshyn for a 4th line? If Kuraly continues to suck balls, put Wagner at one of the wings and one of he or Seny can play the off wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad