NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Game: (2) Kansas City Chiefs vs (7) Pittsburgh Steelers - KC wins 42-21

KC vs PIT

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2008
He's at Peyton Manning's level. I still can't believe a defense was so good that he retired on a ring.
Peyton at his end was so old he could not properly throw a football forward but he still ended up with a ring

Ben ended his career getting blown out. To be fair he is not the only QB to end his career this way, Marino ended his career losing 62-7 to Jacksonville in 1999 :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pretty much how everyone thought this one would go.

Honestly if the Steelers didn't have a fossil at QB i think they could have taken a serious run at winning this. But alas.

With how good Tomlin is as a coach i'm sure they could start a pop warner at QB next year and still somehow find a way into the playoffs. they'll be back.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
great way to send ben off into retirement

giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Pretty much how everyone thought this one would go.

Honestly if the Steelers didn't have a fossil at QB i think they could have taken a serious run at winning this. But alas.

With how good Tomlin is as a coach i'm sure they could start a pop warner at QB next year and still somehow find a way into the playoffs. they'll be back.

Pit has 3 good WR, a really good RB and a good rookie TE

Sep 19, 2008
Bye Bye Roethlisburger. Hopefully you'll be able to ride off into the sunset, just dont' forget to wear a helmet

iu

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Browns are probably going to get the 5th year option on Baker

Heck go after someone in FA to replace Ben. Because he clearly wasn't the answer the last few years. Anyone. Carr, etc. Just get someone who can throw a f***ing football.
Carr is under contract.

free agency, good luck.

you’d have to trade assets for Wilson, Watson, Rodgers.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
I would imagine that Steelers fans must be pretty pissed by that playcalling -- you have a franchise QB going out in his last game, and in a situation where you know it's going to be a loss, you decide to go:
dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, 7 yard pass, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff

Terrific job. You really had 0 trust in a guy who has been there what 15 years? Absolutely disgraceful

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I would imagine that Steelers fans must be pretty pissed by that playcalling -- you have a franchise QB going out in his last game, and in a situation where you know it's going to be a loss, you decide to go:
dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, 7 yard pass, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff, dumpoff

Terrific job. You really had 0 trust in a guy who has been there what 15 years? Absolutely disgraceful
Seemed like that’s all he was capable of, he can’t throw anymore.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Seemed like that’s all he was capable of, he can’t throw anymore.
Yet in his last game, the offensive coordinator must have in his mind hey, we want to throw a couple deep shots right? Send him off on at least a solid effort. Instead, they go with 2-yard dumpoffs even when they know it's over. That's not how you send a guy off. You send your guy out with a bang.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad