2021-22 UEFA Champions League Qualifying & Group Stage part 1

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Moldova are also one of, if not the poorest country in Europe, I'm sure them getting a boatload of CL money will fall into the right hands :laugh:

Dunno if anyone else watches Bald and Bankrupt on YouTube, but his videos give you a good idea of what Moldova and Transnistria are like :laugh:

Poor country with a huge corruption problem, but the people seem like genuinely kind, salt of the earth kind of people.

Thought their result against Red Star was a fluke, but evidently not.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Moldovans are really fun people, half Latin from the Romanian side, half Slavic from the Russian one. And their women are probably some of the most beautiful in Europe.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Moldova are also one of, if not the poorest country in Europe, I'm sure them getting a boatload of CL money will fall into the right hands :laugh:

Transnistria may be little more than a pyramid scheme, but the club belongs to the man on the top.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Benfica wins 2-1 but were terrible in the second half. PSV for all the possession they had should have created more. I thought Sangare was impressive, Gakpo had a very good game too. Madueke didn't have much of an impact today.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'd expect PSV to edge the second leg at home. Neither Zahavi nor Madueke were very good today, though Zahavi was barely offside on the goal he took well in the first half.

Gakpo was great and the Benfica keeper made a few nice saves.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Haha, about Barca, I always remember this double save by Coupet, including the first with his head and the second on Rivaldo.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Benfica down to 10 men against PSV after 30 minutes, they'll put up a wall for sure now, still have that one goal lead from the first leg.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Yikes that looked like a clear foul in the box by Malmo. Would love to see Malmo move on, but that's some awful officiating.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Malmö made the CL before no?

Yes and it made sure they would be heavy favorites every single year for a long time, now they're not only gonna be heavy favorites they're going to win every single year. They are now the Bayern Munich/PSG of Sweden.

If it were another team it could have been good for Swedish football

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
tbh we are not really cl-level. no swedish team is. we have had some luck with the draws in the qulification. we are gonna get smashed. we have to play with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfelders to not get totally smocked.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The rangers have had a covid outbreak and are now traveling to armenia without Gerrard and like 6 or so players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad