NCAA: 2021-22 Transfer Portal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don't know where I expected Rattler to go, but it wasn't South Carolina and having to run that gauntlet

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Don't know where I expected Rattler to go, but it wasn't South Carolina and having to run that gauntlet
And he's joining a 100+ ranked offense with one of the worst OCs in the P5. Very peculiar decision.

The familiarity with Beamer and basically no competition at QB helps I guess.

But there's no guantlet to run in the SEC East other than Georgia. The rest are the types of teams he should theoretically feast on. The SEC East sans UGA is pure garbage at this point.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I get that it's a reunion with Beamer, but I don't understand Rattler going to South Carolina at all. Did Ole Miss or LSU have no interest?
At Ole Miss, he might've been able to be something in Kiffin's offense and could've recapture some of his prior draft stock.

this time last year he was looked at as the defacto Heisman winner and #1 overall draft pick. He might not even get drafted as SC's QB.
Hope he saves all the NIL money because that's probably the only money he's gonna make off of football.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I get that it's a reunion with Beamer, but I don't understand Rattler going to South Carolina at all. Did Ole Miss or LSU have no interest?
At Ole Miss, he might've been able to be something in Kiffin's offense and could've recapture some of his prior draft stock.

this time last year he was looked at as the defacto Heisman winner and #1 overall draft pick. He might not even get drafted as SC's QB.
Hope he saves all the NIL money because that's probably the only money he's gonna make off of football.
He lost his job to a freshman. Think Ole Miss has a freshman on the roster who is expected to contend for the starter role.
Guess for any of these transferring QBs who have experience who got beat out by a lower classman, important to be able to get on the field at the new school.

Perkins is going up against Huard at UW for the starter role. Chance he doesn’t get it.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Maybe it's just me but Transfer Portal makes National Signing day feel anticlimactic.

Tough to really follow recruiting closely knowing that a lot of these guys will just leave after a year or 2.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe it's just me but Transfer Portal makes National Signing day feel anticlimactic.

Tough to really follow recruiting closely knowing that a lot of these guys will just leave after a year or 2.
For QBs it can be.
You kind of want to be a first mover. Only a couple of QBs have picked their school via the ports in Rattler and Perkins from what o have seen.

kids want to get to the nfl ASAP but for a QB you want to make sure you are ready. Teams are no longer that afraid to pull the plug on you if you don’t deliver. 1 year starting in ncaa probably not enough to move onto the nfl.

Other positions you will get playing time.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-12-19_15-30-48.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad