NCAA: 2021-22 Transfer Portal

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With the new rules of the one time transfer without sitting out, there will be way more transfers.

OSU, could see all 3 QBs behind Stroud transfer. Miller, McCord, Ewers. Who is going to beat out Stroud who will have 10 starts going into next year’s spring camp? Waiting til 2023 to start if any of them stay.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Pitt will be an interesting situation. Pickett is leaving but they will still have Addison (probably Belitnikoff winner) and a host of other good players coming back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Sam Huard was highly recruited for UW this past year. Served as the backup for the Huskies.

would expect him to be a contender for the starter role.

So there will be competition for the starter role if he does transfer to UW.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Quinn Ewers from OSU in the portal now. Not surprised really. He came out early to capitalize on NIL. Didn’t win the starting job though he was behind the other guys.

stroud is going to be a Heisman finalist so don’t see him getting beat out at spring ball.

OSU also got a commit from Brown a 4 star QBs from Utah in their upcoming class.

Have not heard what Kyle McCord plans to do.
Miller already in the portal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Adrian Martinez is in the portal listed as a graduate transfer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s using the Covid rule to gain another year of eligibility.

these kids need to make the right choice.

coaches too as they can gain an edge with an experienced started for 2022 but it may cost them a highly recruited guy in the process. Does the program need a quick fix or is next season a development year for most of the roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s using the Covid rule to gain another year of eligibility.

these kids need to make the right choice.

coaches too as they can gain an edge with an experienced started for 2022 but it may cost them a highly recruited guy in the process. Does the program need a quick fix or is next season a development year for most of the roster.
He’s only a true junior so he’s got it. Wonder if he ends up with a guru

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s only a true junior so he’s got it. Wonder if he ends up with a guru
Then my bad. Thought I saw somewhere that he had 40 starts thus would have had to use 4 years of eligibility

I mean if you are a HC and you use the transfer portal, have to be careful cause you may lose a high end kid.

like the Fresno St QB , Haener, who is going to UW. They will have true sophomore and top 3 QB recruit Sam Huard competing for the starter spot. UW is bringing in the former Fresno ST HC. So does he opt to use his first year as a development year and bring Huard along or does he wish to hit the ground running with a guy who knows his system and has run it in real games? Does he risk losing Huard if Haener gets the starter role?

HC have to bow recruit even the guys on their roster every year with the new transfer rules.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Then my bad. Thought I saw somewhere that he had 40 starts thus would have had to use 4 years of eligibility

I mean if you are a HC and you use the transfer portal, have to be careful cause you may lose a high end kid.

like the Fresno St QB , Haener, who is going to UW. They will have true sophomore and top 3 QB recruit Sam Huard competing for the starter spot. UW is bringing in the former Fresno ST HC. So does he opt to use his first year as a development year and bring Huard along or does he wish to hit the ground running with a guy who knows his system and has run it in real games? Does he risk losing Huard if Haener gets the starter role?

HC have to bow recruit even the guys on their roster every year with the new transfer rules.
That means he'll be a senior next season. I don't know how that works if he could transfer again as a grad or not.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
interesting wish list:

alabama
ohio state
usc
james madison

bama and osu make sense to get on the fast track to being a grad assistant but he won't play. maybe plays one year at usc as a placeholder before malachi nelson and then becomes a grad assistant.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
interesting wish list:

alabama
ohio state
usc
james madison

bama and osu make sense to get on the fast track to being a grad assistant but he won't play. maybe plays one year at usc as a placeholder before malachi nelson and then becomes a grad assistant.
USC still has Slovis, Dart on the roster. I would expect Riley to make the upcoming year a development year vs taking on a guy with a year left.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
yeah you're right, forgot about slovis. i remember when he was supposed to at the top end of this draft, oh the life of usc quarterbacks
If you transfer I would expect that playing time is a primary attraction.
You have to compete regardless as we’ve seen plenty of top 3 rated guys per Rivals never do anything in college.

but you take your chances when you go to a crowded QBs room.
Plus have to assess whether you truly have pro potential or not. If you don’t you want to enjoy playing in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad