Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 11: where giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Assuming we're not getting Giroux.
Assuming Sakic won't trade the remaining 1st, Byram, Newhook or Olausson.
Probably not Barron nor Behren either.

That leaves later round picks, Bower/Kaut/Ranta and Compher.
Any realistic botom 6 interesting target with that ? Because we're not getting Crouse with that...
The remaining 1st is absolutely in play in trade talks. It just has to be for the right player. Maybe Crouse could be worth it, but I think Sakic will look at others if he moves that pick.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm reasonably confident Sakic has just about everything in play. Obviously he won't part with a core player on the roster, and I doubt he will part with Newhook or Byram unless the return is something insane.

Beyond that, even Behrens or Olausson might be had, but again, return has to be good. I doubt either of those prospects leaves for a rental.

Total speculation on my part but I don't get the impression that Joe is just flat-out saying he won't move those guys for any price.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yes we have a need for RD and Barron was a perfect fit with what I was looking for but I forgot you traded Helleson and I would probably don't want to trade Barron either if I was in your shoes even if I don't think people from other teams understand how valuable Lehkonen is in playoff (he really elevate his game in each playoff we played).

As I said, Lehkonen has been discussed at length on the Avs board throughout the year. I've posted his analytics many times and we're all aware of how good he is. Before it came out that Hughes wanted a 1st+ for him most people here had him as one of their top targets.

It comes down to a question of how that 2023 1st round pick is best utilized, and at this stage a center or top 6 forward (eg. Copp) is probably a bigger need than a defensive winger.

Reactions: Bender and Vachon23

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Bura in our bottom 6 and Domi in our lineup makes me want to barf. Btw it’s hilarious when we liked Bura he was called Burky but now that we don’t like him it’s Bura.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bura in our bottom 6 and Domi in our lineup makes me want to barf. Btw it’s hilarious when we liked Bura he was called Burky but now that we don’t like him it’s Bura.
Nuke, not Bura.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we get Domi the top 9 would look like this:

Bura - Mack - Rants
Landy - Kadri - Domi <-- that line would be pretty tough/physical...also Domi is a good playmaker and would feed Kadri the shooter.
Nuke - Newhook - JTC

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Copp is probably the best solution with Giroux more than likely off the table. A good defensive player to play next to Newhook on the third line and keep Compher on the fourth line.

Nuke - Kadri - Burakovsky
Copp - Newhook - LOC
Compher - Sturm - NAK

I think our weakest point in that group is either Burakovsky or LOC.

Kane is the dream, but very unlikely.
No JTC must go

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hold the f***ing phone this is the boy that's apparently swinging the Giroux trade for Florida? Owen Tippett Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

23 years old, 33 points in 94 NHL games? This guy? Jost has better stats than him. I must be missing something.
Tippett still on his elc with 4 more years of rfa. Jost has 5 accrued nhl seasons and 2 rfa years left. He’s moved from the prospect status into regular nhler.

In the end it’s Giroux’s call. He can give Philly 1 team or 3 or 10 if he wishes.

How big a swing does Sakic wish to make? Up to him.

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
Such a bummer we always miss out on the big guys in the modern era. have to settle for some B tier scrub pretending that'll get us over the second round hump. shame.

Reactions: The Merchant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad