Speculation: 2021-22 Roster Speculation and Discussion

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He was the #1 center in the bubble Cup run as well.
He played 5mins less per game than an injured Seguin, and produced the same, with almost all his points coming via the PP. it would be disengenious to say he was the number 1 center in the run.
he took over last year but again without any competition because there was nobody else.
And obvious he's got seguin beat this year too

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah not sure what Montreal is thinking with Petry. I don’t think he has value with that contract. I would not pay top prospects and picks for this guy. He is still useful although age seems to be setting in but at his price for the next three years that is more of cap dump.

Reactions: Elysian

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
This team really is arrogant enough to double down on stupid.

Honestly, the best part of the season for me so far was when I stopped watching for a few weeks and just enjoyed real life instead of wasting hours each night watching hockey. I feel like Nill's trying to help keep me on the right track and I appreciate him for it. ;)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What do you really expect Nill to say though. 39 games left and we’re 4 points back of 8th

Not that I think we will make it

I didn’t read it, but it says “ we’ve got multiple plans for multiple scenarios” Sounds like he means we could be sellers if it comes to that

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
What do you really expect Nill to say though. 39 games left and we’re 4 points back of 8th

Not that I think we will make it

I didn’t read it, but it says “ we’ve got multiple plans for multiple scenarios” Sounds like he means we could be sellers if it comes to that

I’ll save you the time, Nill basically says nothing with a whole lot of words. I wish Saad had asked him about if he regretted not selling last season. Maybe he would have provoked him into saying something.

I don’t think Nill knows what all in means. You cannot be all in and looking at alternative options.

You’re right though, he’s not going to make a decision yet because we’re pretty far away from the deadline, that much I expected.

This team is so deluded though, what they call ‘inconsistency’ I call ‘not being very good’. This isn’t new.

Reactions: atticus ross

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I’ll save you the time, Nill basically says nothing with a whole lot of words. I wish Saad had asked him about if he regretted not selling last season. Maybe he would have provoked him into saying something.

I don’t think Nill knows what all in means. You cannot be all in and looking at alternative options.

You’re right though, he’s not going to make a decision yet because we’re pretty far away from the deadline, that much I expected.

This team is so deluded though, what they call ‘inconsistency’ I call ‘not being very good’. This isn’t new.

Also the "inconsistency" is relying on one line and expecting outstanding results. The streakiness that we have seen all season is exactly what you'd expect from relying on one line.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Also the "inconsistency" is relying on one line and expecting outstanding results. The streakiness that we have seen all season is exactly what you'd expect from relying on one line.

You get three basic scenarios:

1. The first line is so good they win a game all by themselves, this happens way more than I think could be reasonably expected, the first line is incredible.

2. The first line is still good, but not to a level where they can win a game all by themselves, if they're lucky some other combination of the 9 forwards chips in. If they do, Stars likely win, if they don't, Stars lose.

3. First line is feeling human that day, the rest of the players don't matter, they're not good enough to win. Stars definitely lose these.

Reminds me of the 'f***ing horseshit' incident, when Benn and Seguin were still actually good. The best players were getting blamed, but it wasn't their fault, they had no help, and they can only play a third of a hockey game at best. If you have no depth, your results will vary wildly with your first line. Without Vezina level goaltending from Bishop (and Klingberg at the height of his powers) to smooth out those rough nights, they'll never look 'consistent'.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The only thing apparent from that article is Nill has no f***ing clue what all in means, and that is not just incompetent management, but clueless ownership, at fault

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
The fans expecting a big in-season shakeup are in for a rude awakening.

Full disclosure, I haven't read this article. Fuller Full Disclosure, I don't need to.

We are consistently inconsistent, and this sentiment and acceptance keeps us as a bubble team, sans the SCF '20 run. We should have learned from it.

When Bones said "I know what's wrong, and we'll fix it" What happened? We waived Comeau and Kero. Meh.

We seem extremely risk averse to younger players (at their development's sake) , and overly confident in older (really old) veteran players. (Pavs is 100% the exception to this and an absolute beast, great signing, full marks to Nill.) But, we can't seem to string enough of these moves together recently and our record reflects that. Peterson and Raffl would be added blessings this year if we had 3 good lines, we don't. We have 1 line, so good, they outplay the antiquated system.

We are stuck with 14 and 91, so we'll have to get over it, and Seguin has really improved considering the surgeries and tough battle back. Good to see. I'm a Benn homer (own the rookie year jersey) so I am ever hopeful we will get at least some production, physical play, but it's not 2015 Art Ross Been.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Full disclosure, I haven't read this article. Fuller Full Disclosure, I don't need to.

We are consistently inconsistent, and this sentiment and acceptance keeps us as a bubble team, sans the SCF '20 run. We should have learned from it.

When Bones said "I know what's wrong, and we'll fix it" What happened? We waived Comeau and Kero. Meh.

We seem extremely risk averse to younger players (at their development's sake) , and overly confident in older (really old) veteran players. (Pavs is 100% the exception to this and an absolute beast, great signing, full marks to Nill.) But, we can't seem to string enough of these moves together recently and our record reflects that. Peterson and Raffl would be added blessings this year if we had 3 good lines, we don't. We have 1 line, so good, they outplay the antiquated system.

We are stuck with 14 and 91, so we'll have to get over it, and Seguin has really improved considering the surgeries and tough battle back. Good to see. I'm a Benn homer (own the rookie year jersey) so I am ever hopeful we will get at least some production, physical play, but it's not 2015 Art Ross Been.

Oh god, you unintentionally came up with the perfect nickname.

Reactions: pbatx

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Fall, fall, fall, fall… please get assets while we’ve got the opportunity instead of dreaming and waking up and getting nothing.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I can’t help but want the team to win still . I think if we lose the next two I will change my mind .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad