Line Combos: 2021-22 lines (Part 2)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So now that the roster is clear here's what I think. First disclaimer is it's not that I don't want Caufield to get a lot of ice time and offensive opportunities, it's just that I only see three good playmakers on the team in Suzuki, Drouin and him, and it's about putting on one each line. Of course Caufield is also a sniper, but he's one of the few who can create play on his own. I also liked a lot seeing him play with Evans, and I think it's better for him to be surrounded by good veterans.

Line 1 :
Toffoli - Suzuki - Hoffman

A lot of firepower on the ice, a line that can match a lot of other team first line talent wise. Suzuki and Toffoli have chemistry and are good enough defensively to cover for Hoffman lack of defensive discipline. It also gives Suzuki two shooters options.

Line 2 :
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson

Not much to be said there because they proved they can be effective together. Dvorak is a sharp shooter who will benefit playing with Drouin especially if he redeem himself this year. Anderson bring the speed and the toughness needed on that top 6.

Line 3 :
Armia - Evans - Caufield

Caufield and Evans already developped chemistry last year. They can be reliable at both sides of the ice. It sounds like a broken record but maybe it's the year Armia show more offensive potential. His strenght along the board will help feeding Caufield some pucks.

Line 4 :
Lehkonen - Brooks - Gallagher

It's weird seeing Gallagher on the fourth line, and until Hoffman is ready to come back he will likely be on the 1st line in the meanwhile, but I think his style of play enable him to get big goals even on a fourth line. You have three good forecheckers there who can create momentum in the offensive zone, and take draw in the defensive zone as well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If you think Perreault is a ahl level player, you’ll be very surprised. He is a very good player and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being our 3c before the end of the year.

I think Perreault's a good scrappy, savy NHL player. But he's probably lost a step, and I doubt he can cover 200 feet at the center position.

But I hope he finds a spot on the wing. He'll have to beat out Lehk and Byron though if we're ever fully healthy.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I would go with this :

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Dvorak Gallagher/Anderson
Lek Evans Gallagher/Anderson
Perreault Brooks Armia
Belzille Poehling Paquette

Once Hoffman returns, you bump everyone down a spot on the left. Poehling can be returned to Laval, while Paquette and Belzille, go unclaimed on waivers. Perreault becomes the extra.

On D:

Chiarot Petry
Romanov Savard
Kulak Wideman
Niku

I don't know how they managed to excel at assembling such an AHL caliber roster. Edmundson comes back, bumping Kulak back to extra.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
So now that the roster is clear here's what I think. First disclaimer is it's not that I don't want Caufield to get a lot of ice time and offensive opportunities, it's just that I only see three good playmakers on the team in Suzuki, Drouin and him, and it's about putting on one each line. Of course Caufield is also a sniper, but he's one of the few who can create play on his own. I also liked a lot seeing him play with Evans, and I think it's better for him to be surrounded by good veterans.

Line 1 :

A lot of firepower on the ice, a line that can match a lot of other team first line talent wise. Suzuki and Toffoli have chemistry and are good enough defensively to cover for Hoffman lack of defensive discipline. It also gives Suzuki two shooters options.

Line 2 :

Not much to be said there because they proved they can be effective together. Dvorak is a sharp shooter who will benefit playing with Drouin especially if he redeem himself this year. Anderson bring the speed and the toughness needed on that top 6.

Line 3 :
Armia - Evans - Caufield

Caufield and Evans already developped chemistry last year. They can be reliable at both sides of the ice. It sounds like a broken record but maybe it's the year Armia show more offensive potential. His strenght along the board will help feeding Caufield some pucks.

Line 4 :

It's weird seeing Gallagher on the fourth line, and until Hoffman is ready to come back he will likely be on the 1st line in the meanwhile, but I think his style of play enable him to get big goals even on a fourth line. You have three good forecheckers there who can create momentum in the offensive zone, and take draw in the defensive zone as well.

that's one of the worst lineup I've seen

Reactions: HabsForHire

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Line 1 :

Line 2 :

Line 3 :
Armia - Evans - Caufield

Line 4 :

I appreciate the explanations but playing 6.5m Gallagher with Brooks and Caufield on the third with Evans seems like poor long term management of both players.

Armia - Evans - Gallagher looked good, even when our other lines were getting outmatched. The D-D-A line seems to have some chemistry so it's just a matter of sheltering the T-S-C line a bit and giving them as much O-zone time as we can.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pp1:
Dvorak
Caufield Hoffman Suzuki
Wideman

Pp2:
Gallagher/Anderson/Perreault/Armia
Evan's Toffoli Drouin
Petry

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MyComboLines(October2021)

Hoffman/Suzuki/Toffoli
Anderson/Poehling/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Evans/Armia
Pezzetta/Brooks/Belzile

Chiarot/Petry
Romanov/Norlinder
Niku/Wideman

Allen/Montembeault

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Guhle will play in the NHL next season, our blueline will not be an issue to crack it's so bad.

Harris has a message for you: really, with me on it, you're still going to call it bad???

As of now, with the emergence of Harris, it's not too shabby:

Romanov Edmundson
Harris Savard
Schuneman Petry

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Harris has a message for you: really, with me on it, you're still going to call it bad???

Romanov Edmundson
Harris Savard
Schuneman Petry

Very very promising, I meant from a point production aspect. I am betting Petry is moved, and the blueline will be very very young and the future bright.

Reactions: 26Mats

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Romanov Edmundson
Harris Savard
Schuneman Petry
Petry goes on the 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad