Line Combos: 2021-2022 Season: Let the Sully player usage complaints commence!

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I guess we're about to find out whether Sid is truly back to normal or not. No Guentzel or Rust on line 1 vs the Capitals Friday means the Pens will need a vintage performance from Sid. Hope he and Simon can get something going.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Zucker isn't out I guess we could see Zucker-Crosby again maybe. It was good once upon a time.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
If Zucker isn't out I guess we could see Zucker-Crosby again maybe. It was good once upon a time.
Not to start, I don't think. Since Zucker-Carter-Heinen is showing some signs of success, I think they'll keep it together.

Kapanen is going to move up and Rodrigues is going to flip to left wing for now.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I guess we're about to find out whether Sid is truly back to normal or not. No Guentzel or Rust on line 1 vs the Capitals Friday means the Pens will need a vintage performance from Sid. Hope he and Simon can get something going.

I'd love to see Kap finally find his game on Sid's wing and then the gang solves the GCR crisis.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sully’s dumbass will end up playing Laff in Jake’s spot since he incapable of accidentally finding a better fit for Sid and have to risk disbanding GCR.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Simon hasn’t scored a single point in his last 15 games, so naturally he should get a shot in the spotlight.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Simon hasn’t scored a single point in his last 15 games, so naturally he should get a shot in the spotlight.
Uggghhhhhh why did we bring this idiot back?????

He WoNt EvEr PLay. it’S a DePTh SiGNinG, ReLax.

He’s about to play in game #20, and we haven’t hit Christmas.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Zucker's chance to play on Sid's LW and he's hurt as well. Typical.
Do you honestly believe that this current version of Mike Sullivan would play Zucker with Sid?

laugh-hysterical.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakell67

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I honestly think there's a lot of guys in the AHL who have legit talent and who - if fed #1 pp time and icetime at the NHL level - would put up 40-50 points a season. Simon is maybe not one of those guys, but I think there are a lot of guys who just don't have it in them to play the style of bottom six hockey that head coaches would want but who have the talent to put points if given a chance.

Thing is, there's only so many top six slots in the NHL so those guys get shut out a bit. But I genuinely think a lot of those AHL superstars would put up decent point totals in the NHL as well given the ice time. It's just they lack the skills to excel in more defensive roles but aren't quite good enough to displace the typical top sixers in the NHL so they get stuck in no man's land that way.

Like there's plenty of guys in the AHL more talented than ZAR but not many that can play hockey defensively as well as he can. So he stays up and they rot.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I honestly think there's a lot of guys in the AHL who have legit talent and who - if fed #1 pp time and icetime at the NHL level - would put up 40-50 points a season. Simon is maybe not one of those guys, but I think there are a lot of guys who just don't have it in them to play the style of bottom six hockey that head coaches would want but who have the talent to put points if given a chance.

Thing is, there's only so many top six slots in the NHL so those guys get shut out a bit. But I genuinely think a lot of those AHL superstars would put up decent point totals in the NHL as well given the ice time. It's just they lack the skills to excel in more defensive roles but aren't quite good enough to displace the typical top sixers in the NHL so they get stuck in no man's land that way.

Like there's plenty of guys in the AHL more talented than ZAR but not many that can play hockey defensively as well as he can. So he stays up and they rot.
Yea, signing turds like Simon and ZAR was not smart then and continues to be a dumbass move. They aren’t terrible per se, but they add nothing and are vanilla, replaceable. ZAR has one gee dee goal in 23 games. I think he finished the season with 1 goal in his last 20 games last season. These numbers get you buried in the minors, not here.

Our coach and GM are too chicken **** to promote someone from WBS to take his spot. But that’s what happens when you have two guys in powerful positions allergic to change. The only player ever held accountable on this team is Kap. These fringe players are nothing more than warm bodies, making the lineup even more stale. There is a lack of creativity across the board in the organization. Hopefully, the Fenway Group overhauls the front office.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad