Injury Report: 2021-2022 Injury Updates

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Seems like management has finally acknowledged the tank
I thought there was something wrong. Suzuki was almost invisible against the Jets. Suzuki is part of the small core of the team's future. There is nothing to be gained by risking further injury at this stage of a lost season.

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
I thought there was something wrong. Suzuki was almost invisible against the Jets. Suzuki is part of the small core of the team's future. There is nothing to be gained by risking further injury at this stage of a lost season.
Totally agree - could see Nick trying to play through whatever's bothering him though. He's the only player to dress for every game this year and I'm sure he's eyeing 20 goals and 60 pts

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Totally agree - could see Nick trying to play through whatever's bothering him though. He's the only player to dress for every game this year and I'm sure he's eyeing 20 goals and 60 pts

Agreed, I don’t think they’re forcing him to play, more likely he wants to keep his ironman streak going (not saying it’s smart…).

That said with COVID and Nick being immune (or avoiding positive tests 😂), he’s already 8th in the league for active players

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

Exactly what I said. Ludicrous to have played him that much.
Yes. Playing a backup who is known to have problems playing a lot of games very frequently after an injury doesn’t look smart.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yes. Playing a backup who is known to have problems playing a lot of games very frequently after an injury doesn’t look smart.
If the Habs were still contending for a playoff spot I could understand MSL running with Allen since Allen was their best option at goalie to win them games.

But with the team well out of it and just playing out the season it didn't make much sense to play Allen all these games that didn't matter.

Unless management maybe wanted to see what Allen could do with extended minutes here to see if he could hold up to a expanded workload next season, this was a mistake by MSL and even from Habs management for allowing it to happen.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Looks like Vejdemo's injury is serious as he's in crutches. And JF Houle said it doesn't look good if Vejdemo will play this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Vejdemo out the rest of the year. He had surgery on Monday for a LBI and it will be a long recovery period.

His contract is up this summer. I would be surprised if he's extended.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Vejdemo out the rest of the year. He had surgery on Monday for a LBI and it will be a long recovery period.

His contract is up this summer. I would be surprised if he's extended.

Too bad, I hope he recovers and is able to resume his career.

NHLInjuryViz

Feb 12, 2020
Of course they would count Weber....the team lost their #1 Dman and goalie all season....to injury. Almost 164 games right there..................hilariously doomed before it started.
Well, it’s not “of course” when the first thing people ask about their MGL number being that high is whether Weber is included (let alone Brook and Teasdale, who were on SOIR and never going to be on the roster).

Doesn’t really matter in the end - they miss him and 600 is still a hell of a lot - but there’s clearly something of a difference between injuries to players expected to play and somebody who essentially retired before the season (with only cap/insurance reasons preventing it being announced as such).

Reactions: BLONG7

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So, if Weber's contract doesn't get moved, and he retires then Nashville has to take the recapture penalty?

Yes. Which is why he hasn't officially retired. It's why many guys just are placed on LTIR for years even though their careers are basically over. Sometimes it's so the other team doesn't get hit with cap recapture. It's kind of like one team doing another team a solid.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad