Speculation: 2021-2022 Coyotes Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d be okay with acquiring Kane as long as he doesn’t play for the team. He can sit at home until he’s bought out as a Coyote. Or if the Coyotes are just a brief stop for additional retention, that’s okay, too.

I could see Carolina maybe willing to take him. They seem to have rock-solid culture and have been able to accept other behavioral outcasts without issue. Maybe SJS gives us their ‘23 2nd to take Kane w/20% retained, and then we retain an extra 50% when we send him to CAR for their ‘23 1st?

Is a 1st and a 2nd enough to eat 2.8aav for 3.5 seasons?

rt

May 13, 2004
Honest question, don’t we have to many picks already? Only so many contacts and spots for the picks to play.
I think they want the option to move up if someone they really want slips a little, or the inverse, trade back to 2023 picks if their list gets picked a little too clean by the time they’re on the board. I don’t think they’re making 8 picks in the first two rounds of this draft, either way. I could be wrong, of course.

I also expect that any additional picks they acquire will be 2023 picks.

Finally, I wonder if those 2024 picks they acquired my be earmarked for roster improving trades in a year or two.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I love that Hayton and Jenik are both settling in with the big club and not looking out of place. McCartney and Soderstom will get more games too as the season goes on. This gives the rebuild a leg up.

Damn shame that Timmins got hurt because he's a big part of it and he's suffered so many set backs.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I think they want the option to move up if someone they really want slips a little, or the inverse, trade back to 2023 picks if their list gets picked a little too clean by the time they’re on the board. I don’t think they’re making 8 picks in the first two rounds of this draft, either way. I could be wrong, of course.

I'll be disappointed if they dont advance at least one of their 1st rounders and expect them to try and move both the MTL/CAR and the COL pick up. 3 picks in the top 20 would be ideal. That's where you can grab a Giroux/Chychrun level player.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Is Chychrun coming around? 5 points in his last 6 games.

Not really about points with him. He is trying to simplify his game in the dzone and it's working, but he's still not where he needs to be. Still a bit lethargic on his reads and defending overall. And in the ozone, he is still stickhandling himself out of chances and overthinking things.

The point streak is a product of the team around him scoring more lately after a drought. Chychrun is getting better, but he's still off his high mark.

I'd like to see more Chychrun - Ghost 5v5, as I don't think anyone else can really do 23+ mins a night.

With Ladd and Larsson back, I'd go:

Crouse - Boyd - Keller
Chucky - Hayton - Kessel
Ladd - Larsson - Dzingel
Roussel - O'Brien - Fasching

Chych - Ghost
Capo - Bush
Dineen - Mayo
Stralman

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Not really about points with him. He is trying to simplify his game in the dzone and it's working, but he's still not where he needs to be. Still a bit lethargic on his reads and defending overall. And in the ozone, he is still stickhandling himself out of chances and overthinking things.

The point streak is a product of the team around him scoring more lately after a drought. Chychrun is getting better, but he's still off his high mark.

I'd like to see more Chychrun - Ghost 5v5, as I don't think anyone else can really do 23+ mins a night.
The Sunshine pair? Or maybe the Gators?

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Marek says Coyotes could look at Matt Murray as a way to stay at cap floor with guys like Kessel inevitably moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad