Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | A True Playoff Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I have great fear of it, move stinks of JR-type manuever. Toronto takes back Mikheyev.
There's just nothing that even implies JR, let alone Allvin, castonguay and granato would be looking to invest in a soon to be ufa marner, especially after his continued playoff performance, nothing.
And for their best trade piece to boot, can probably let that fear go it's a waste of energy.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I doubt they trade Knies. I could see it simply being Marner + reasonable retention for Hronek + Mikheyev.
Would pretty instantly make our team the one with an unsustainable top-heavy lineup. Albeit with better goaltending and defence than the Leafs have.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There's just nothing that even implies JR, let alone Allvin, castonguay and granato would be looking to invest in a soon to be ufa marner, especially after his continued playoff performance, nothing.
And for their best trade piece to boot.

JR loves big moves, and Marner will be by far the most prolific (regular season) winger on the block this summer, for probably a reasonable rate due to his playoff problems. I'm not saying I want anything to do with him, but I could totally see it. They would be adding an 80-90 point player to Pettersson's wing.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
JR loves big moves, and Marner will be by far the most prolific (regular season) winger on the block this summer, for probably a reasonable rate due to his playoff problems. I'm not saying I want anything to do with him, but I could totally see it.
Okay then, you're probably the only one.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Knies is probably pretty much untouchable in TO.
I can’t see management targeting Marner when they’ve said they want to get bigger and faster.
100%.

But to even consider taking on Mitch, he would need to be included.

Also, if Mitch is traded, is his NMC void after that?

If so, the Nucks could flip him elsewhere.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Hah probably, but it fits. Toronto needs right-side defense and the Canucks badly need a top-six winger. I've got a feeling.
It's how badly it doesn't fit why I'm probably done wasting any more time on it.

Yes leafs need hronek bad to pair with morgan, and we probably need more with his cap space.
(unlikely as it is we move him to begin with)

For Nylander, Knies, or valuable pieces that fit this team and mgmts history, sure.
Small soft overpaid marner no.

Why on earth would that be the best offer for our highest value rfa rhd trade chip. With surely atleast a dozen other interested teams. 11m mini mitch marner..

And you have "great fear" of this nonsense...?

Good bait post tho.

• Haha
Reactions: TruGr1t

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Heck if Tanev comes home, I'd do Hronek straight across for Knies, he'd be perfect in our top6.

I don't think TO has any interest in moving him though. Pass on Mitch, he's gonna want to go get paid a billion dollars in Utah or Anaheim.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Might be tough for Willander to step in when he's playing in Boston. And you're expecting a guy to jump from the AHL straight to the top pairing in the NHL. None of those players even come to close to replacing hronek.
I think it's plausible for Willander to play out his D+2 season at BC then play the last few games at the end of the season and playoffs for us.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think it's plausible for Willander to play out his D+2 season at BC then play the last few games at the end of the season and playoffs for us.
That'll probably be the case but that poster was saying that Willander would play the entire season on Vancouver's top pairing, easily replacing Hronek.

Reactions: Lat

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I love Hronek don't get me wrong. He's a big part of Hughes success this season.

But what would you prefer?

Let Zad walk for nothing and resign Hronek.

Or.

Resign Zadorov and trade Hronek for a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

I think the choice is easy.
we actuallly have the money to lock up both Hronek and Zadarov , I even allocated my forecast that Hronek will get 7 million. We have 27 million in cap room right now to try to lock up Hornek, Lindholm, Zadarov and Joshua.

Heck if Tanev comes home
this leaves us with one offensive dman though, we are fuct in a different way. These small sample big thundering hits from Zadarov Myers doesn't go through 82 games thought. We really need to take a step back and look at the big picture before jumping to conclusions so quickly

Hronek is only 26, and despite his struggles, we still made it out of round 1 with him as our top 4. Despite that, it was expected that he and Hughes might struggle as they are smaller players.

Now I think we should try to hang on to him and try to develop him. Tanev was much worst than Hronek by the end of 2020 Playoffs for us. Bieska was outright trash in his first 3 play offs, but managed to improve over the years. I'm not in favor of trading Hronek so quickly unless his asking price is too high.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
100%.

But to even consider taking on Mitch, he would need to be included.

Also, if Mitch is traded, is his NMC void after that?

If so, the Nucks could flip him elsewhere.
Nope, there was never a provision where a NMC/NTC clause that had taken effect could be voided. Canucks were able to void Miller's NTC before it took effect in summer 2019; the 2020 MoU update to the CBA removed that provision as well.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
hink it's plausible for Willander to play out his D+2 season
is there any gaurantees he can actually play 22 minutes a season for us and not struggle as bad as hronek did? Because than we just go back in a circle again, and we will suddenly be demanding he gets traded too, we are back to square 1
and move Hronek for youth.
I don't think we are making such transactions anytime soon anymore since we are all in, and Alvin wants a multi year window for us, which is great.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
is there any gaurantees he can actually play 22 minutes a season for us and not struggle as bad as hronek did? Because than we just go back in a circle again, and we will suddenly be demanding he gets traded too, we are back to square 1

I don't think we are making such transactions anytime soon anymore since we are all in, and Alvin wants a multi year window for us, which is great.
Maybe, but something has to give. If they can re-sign Zadorov and bring in Tanev, and maybe bring in a younger D-man through a Hronek trade, the D is arguably not worse off than it was this year. And it could give some room to get a winger for EP.

But maybe Hronek's poor playoff showing lowers his pricetag significantly as well.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
aybe bring in a younger D-man through a Hronek trade, the D is arguably not worse off than it was this year. And it could give some room to get a winger for EP.

But maybe Hronek's poor playoff showing lowers his pricetag significantly as well.

are we really sure we want to off load a 26 year old RHD coming off a 48 point season so quickly? I recall, Bieska was even worse than Hronek during his first 2 playoff runs. columbus offered us Nikata filatov straight up for Bieska, trade was rejected, but I think Hronek has more to offer.

think about it, if we off load him now what? are we sure we gonna get Tanev? Is Myers going to play like he is through 82 games? too many question marks.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
are we really sure we want to off load a 26 year old RHD coming off a 48 point season so quickly? I recall, Bieska was even worse than Hronek during his first 2 playoff runs. columbus offered us Nikata filatov straight up for Bieska, trade was rejected, but I think Hronek has more to offer.

think about it, if we off load him now what? are we sure we gonna get Tanev? Is Myers going to play like he is through 82 games? too many question marks.
Depends I think on what the return would be, I think, and also what the contract demand might be. I think it has to be on the table, especially with the contract decisions required this offseason.

Hronek was very, very good with Hughes for a good chunk of the season, but he has tailed off massively over the last half and into the playoffs. And Red Wings fans tell us that this is a pattern with him. I'd be incredibly hesitant to commit a big contract with those orange flags in place.

That said I really hope he picks up his play in this next series and makes that decision way, way harder (or maybe way easier).

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
JR loves big moves, and Marner will be by far the most prolific (regular season) winger on the block this summer, for probably a reasonable rate due to his playoff problems. I'm not saying I want anything to do with him, but I could totally see it. They would be adding an 80-90 point player to Pettersson's wing.
Problem is Marner wants as much money as he can get and i don’t think we would spend that much asset on a rental, never mind having him even with retention would cripple our cap

Reactions: theguardianII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad