Speculation: 2020 off season roster musings

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that no one wants Fleury even at half his cap hit. No one he would let them trade him to anyway.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that no one wants Fleury even at half his cap hit. No one he would let them trade him to anyway.

According to Seravelli there was plenty of interest in Fleury at "4 or 5". That tells me the Knights were just too stubborn with their willingness to not attach high picks to get him moved. Now they probably missed their chance because all the starting spots got filled. They should have just bit the bullet at the draft and paid a 1st and 2nd if that's what it took.

Regardless of the Fleury situation Martinez and Marchessault make a hell of a lot more sense to move than Schmidt. Petro in and Schmidt out is 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Reactions: theslatcher

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
Take care of petro knights fans u have no idea what ur getting and Alex ull never be forgotten in stl

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
giphy.gif

The thing I don't get is, why is everyone trying to take advantage of VGK's cap situation? What did they ever do to anybody

Reactions: Puckrobber

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
giphy.gif

The thing I don't get is, why is everyone trying to take advantage of VGK's cap situation? What did they ever do to anybody

The funny thing to me is fans from about ten different teams talk about how awesome he would be for them but there's still the "you have to trade him and have no options so we'll take a second rounder to take him off your hands" when five other teams would offer ever closer to market value and you would need a real offer in place to get him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The funny thing to me is fans from about ten different teams talk about how awesome he would be for them but there's still the "you have to trade him and have no options so we'll take a second rounder to take him off your hands" when five other teams would offer ever closer to market value and you would need a real offer in place to get him.

Have faith they got a good return and are bringing back the Holla.

:scared::scared::scared:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I don't think Haula is going to happen. If he were willing to take a big discount that would already have been done. I think he's waiting out the Hall deal like all the other forwards.

Not to mention if we don't move another forward there isn't really room. I could see Haula if we moved Marchie but as it stands we have-

67-9-61
81-71-19
10-20-89
28-92-75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad