Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
If Wallinder was still available at 32 there is no way I’d drop down. If he’s gone and Jurmo is still possible At 39 then maybe

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The kid has all the tools to be a very good defenseman. Great skater, cannon of a shot, makes smart decisions in his zone.

My feelings on Wallinder are well documented. I absolutely would not pass on him at 32. That said, this is a week draft class of defensemen and I am neither looking or expecting to find a significant one (which is why I poked HoweFan about his quest for a defensemen). For the record I am also a fan of Jurmo in the 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sanderson, Wallinder, Schneider, Guhle are the guys I am pretty confident will go in round 1 after Drysdale.

I might even like Wallinder the best of that group.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Sanderson, Wallinder, Schneider, Guhle are the guys I am pretty confident will go in round 1 after Drysdale.

I might even like Wallinder the best of that group.
There are also Grans, Niemela, Andrae and somehow SY find the way to get to early late projections in the second round

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
McKeens and Recrutes both put Sanderson over Drysdale.

Sanderson was playing his best hockey at the time of this stoppage. I think him not getting to have the U-18 probably costs him from being a certain top 10 pick in most peoples eyes. I get that he isn't popular with a ton of people, but he looks like a really solid top 4 d-man to me.

Reactions: MBH

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone want O'Rourke at 32?
Yep. I want Lafreniere and O'Rourke. We'd be not so easy to play against. People talk about O'Rourke as a purely defensive guy, but he can move the puck quickly and he jumps into the rush as well. He plays hard and I love it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

The analytics scout’s wet dream. High intelligence, high efficiency, big results.

Rossi is going to be the player this year where the old fashioned eye test scouts and the analytics scouts go back and forth until a few years out when there’s a real conclusion that can be made on which opinion reigns supreme.

The one thing that I found most interesting is that he kept talking about how Rossi has plus speed but rarely uses it because he plays much more controlled and thought-based. That’s really been everyone’s biggest complaint is that if he’s going to play at 5’9, he needs to skate exceptionally well. And Scouching said he tested in the same breath as Stutzle in terms of blue line to blue line speed...that’s unexpected. Nobody would have put Rossi and Stutzle in the same skating category before that video.

Reactions: Darkseider

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Sanderson was playing his best hockey at the time of this stoppage. I think him not getting to have the U-18 probably costs him from being a certain top 10 pick in most peoples eyes. I get that he isn't popular with a ton of people, but he looks like a really solid top 4 d-man to me.

Recrutes and Mckeen's rave about his skating and defense.
I could see Yzerman surprising people with him at 3 or 4.

Recrute's is really pumping Sanderson, saying he could play in the NHL next season.

I like McCagg's guide.
1) It's inexpensive.
2) When he doesn't like a prospect, he doesn't shy away from criticism. He's pretty harsh on guys he's got going in round 2. You usually don't see that in draft guides.

But sometimes it seems like he's just trying to be different. So I don't know.
I know he was the guy who turned me on to Robert Thomas way back before anyone considered him an elite talent.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I have to suppose Wallinder is gone by 32. Would you take Jurmo there and maybe Niskinin at 63?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Recrutes and Mckeen's rave about his skating and defense.

Recrute's is really pumping Sanderson, saying he could play in the NHL next season.

I like McCagg's guide.
1) It's inexpensive.
2) When he doesn't like a prospect, he doesn't shy away from criticism. He's pretty harsh on guys he's got going in round 2. You usually don't see that in draft guides.

But sometimes it seems like he's just trying to be different. So I don't know.
I know he was the guy who turned me on to Robert Thomas way back before anyone considered him an elite talent.
I hope , if SY like Sanderson he will actually trade down

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

8b73b8ac13775c5a3e6479b421263268.gif

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Finally finished the Jack Quinn reel :) let me know what you guys think!

Aa pure goal scorer - he's worth a gamble if the Wings traded back or picked up an extra 1st

Reactions: hkydave04

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Would have said the same about Seider last year.
Sure Tampa fans would have said the same about Koekkok.

I know you are big into stats, so explain to me how a defenseman that put up .65 ppg would not be surprising if taken at 3/4, when nowadays pretty much any defenseman that goes top 10 is putting up a PPG or better.

I don’t mind Sanderson as a player, but this is like the ultimate projection pick, and you tend to not make those in the top 3-4 of a draft. Jamie Drysdale is a significantly better player now, and I am a lot more comfortable with his range of outcomes. Taking Sanderson over Drysdale would be both shocking and upsetting to me.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad