2020 NHL Draft Prospects

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Any news about players of this draft year?

As people have said before it is really early, and German players are usually not in the mix for the early rounds of the draft, but going by the numbers this kid might have chance to turn into a pretty decent prospect:

Sebastian Stanik

In a couple of years things will become a little clearer.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A bit to early to be talking about these guys for sure. Still will be interesting to see what names we're mentioning here now will still be mentioned in 2020.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Well in the Alberta AAA league, 2002 Kyle Crnkovic is second in league scoring only to Payton Krebs and is first in goals I believe.

As a person who's job is to scout, I can tell you that Crnkovic is very good but his numbers are a little inflated from playing with Krebs who will likely go too 5 in the 2016 WHL draft.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Who would you compare him to? Scoutman says best since Mackinnon, is he at a similar level or higher at this point in time?

Funny you would says this as I immediately thought of Adam Dawe and his combination of speed, skill and IQ. Lawrence uses a different stride and its his footspeed right now that is insane. Personally, if he can continue to power skate and lengthen and strengthen he would be pretty untouchable. I think he is smarter than Mackinnon was at that age but digressing a bit, Mackinnon grew quite a bit at 14-15 so he could just continue to get faster and stronger, hopefully in 2 years Lawrence would be getting big and strong as well as that will vault him up the rankings for sure. All the other tools are there in spades. Havent seen a kid control the puck at that speed in bantam since Dawe is what i think, but he has an amazing playmaking IQ as well, its quite sublime for a 13yo, although its clear he is not even close to being physically mature as when he is tired/ long shifts you can see the immaturity.

I remember it being a Lyle vs MacKinnon debate at 12-13yo as well and many if not all thought Lyle was a better prospect at the time and look how it turned out.

As much as I want to say Lawrence is impressive and will definitely succeed its important to have frame and 2 years is a long time at this age and a lot can change individually.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Not 2020 prospects, but did you get looks at Jeremie Jacob or Lynden Breen? Curious what you think.

Jacob you pick up on immediately and he's already on my list for next year. Great speed and net drive. Id be very cautious about pre-listing him for 2019 though at this time.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Late 2001 F Alexis Lafrenière is dominating Qc Bantam AAA. Should probably have been surclassed to midget AAA alongside the other three excellent 2001s (Simoneau, Parent and Poulin who are all producing at a similar rate to what Veleno did last year). Lafrenière is the only "late" in that group and his area's MAAA team went with a old team this year so he is back to BAAA and dominating.

http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/classement_joueur.html?season=322&subSeason=398&category=1293

2001 is shaping up to be the best development year in many, many years for top-end talent in Québec.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Late 2001 F Alexis Lafrenière is dominating Qc Bantam AAA. Should probably have been surclassed to midget AAA alongside the other three excellent 2001s (Simoneau, Parent and Poulin who are all producing at a similar rate to what Veleno did last year). Lafrenière is the only "late" in that group and his area's MAAA team went with a old team this year so he is back to BAAA and dominating.

http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/classement_joueur.html?season=322&subSeason=398&category=1293

2001 is shaping up to be the best development year in many, many years for top-end talent in Québec.

Considering LOTS of people are already talking about Xavier Parent, more should be doing about Lafreniere!

Guy is scoring at an even higher rate then Parent was, and everyone seems to think Parent is the next ''Best'' player to come from Quebec since a LONG time

Reactions: LastWordArmy

shakenbake7

Apr 7, 2009
Considering LOTS of people are already talking about Xavier Parent, more should be doing about Lafreniere!

Guy is scoring at an even higher rate then Parent was, and everyone seems to think Parent is the next ''Best'' player to come from Quebec since a LONG time

In the case of Parent (and this is applicable to Simoneau as well), his size is a little worrisome. I don't have a crystal ball, but I would expect Samuel Poulin and Alexis Lafreniere to wind up as the best pro prospects in what looks to be pretty good (though vertically challenged) 2001 class in Quebec. With Lafreniere being a late birthday, I would expect him to be drafted the highest amongst the four forwards, but we're still 3-4 years away from each of these kids' draft years.

Reactions: LastWordArmy

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
nothing against individuals

going to have to take a wait and see attitude with talent coming out of Quebec Hockey. with The '18, '19, '20 draft year players , there is presently a phenomenon of "dilution" in the amount minor hockey teams (12,13,14,15 yr old categories) that have /had a tremendous negative impact on the "level" of competition in Quebec. There are city circuits, school circuits and independent leagues/circuits in Quebec now that make it extremely hard to decipher talent

time will tell. I can comfortably say that many "minor" league teams in Ontario (GTHL/alliance" can beat their "major" counterpart in Quebec...

imo

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011

Next year's QMJHL draft is going to be interesting. It'll be the best year in a long time to finish in the bottom five of the league.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Any news?

Marco Rossi, wonder kid from Austria, look promising.
He's great, but I've had Austrian fans and even Austrian federation staff holler at me for not preaching about him 24/7, which annoys me. I try to hype some other Austrian kids who are also good, maybe not as talented but deserve some publicity as well and I get guys trying to convince me "Marco Rossi is actually really good", no really...

What type of news? He's growing, he's working hard, going to be at ZSC/GCK for the next few years, so is Vinzenz Rohrer from 2003.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They'd be thirteen'ish, not too early to notice a few kids showing ridiculous dominance over their peers. I'm pretty sure Gretzky and Crosby we're relatively well-known at that age, probably others too. Also, a real phenom will probably have been playing above his age group.

Gretzky was being talked about when he was 9-10. He had absurd stats.

JA

Maxim Bure hasn't quite turned into a noteworthy prospect, nor has his older brother Lev. The boys seem to live a bit of a Hollywood lifestyle with their parents.

The Bure hockey legacy rests with Pavel Bure Jr.

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-with-wife-alina-and-FDCWAY.jpg

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-poses-with-the-trophy-FDCTPH.jpg

pavel-bures-wife-alina-and-son-pavel-watch-the-world-legends-hockey-picture-id507585304

Eligible for the 2031 NHL Draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Maxim Bure hasn't quite turned into a noteworthy prospect, nor has his older brother Lev. The boys seem to live a bit of a Hollywood lifestyle with their parents.

The Bure hockey legacy rests with Pavel Bure Jr.

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-with-wife-alina-and-FDCWAY.jpg

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-poses-with-the-trophy-FDCTPH.jpg

pavel-bures-wife-alina-and-son-pavel-watch-the-world-legends-hockey-picture-id507585304

Eligible for the 2031 NHL Draft.

Who is the women in the bottom picture?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad