2020 NHL Draft Prospects

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
seriously?

this is absurd if you're actually being serious about this thread haha...

2020 draft... i could be wrong but that would be kids that are going into first year bantam?... which is also their first season that allows body checking in many areas

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
They'd be thirteen'ish, not too early to notice a few kids showing ridiculous dominance over their peers. I'm pretty sure Gretzky and Crosby we're relatively well-known at that age, probably others too. Also, a real phenom will probably have been playing above his age group.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
As ridiculously early as this thread seems, it's not the earliest thread relative to draft year that has been started on HF. One of the threads the OP posted about 2019 was from 2 years ago, and by that point there were already three names getting buzz.

What year is Aito Iguchi's draft? Edit: 2021, I think.

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
This is creepy..
Boys at that age make huge steps. It's hard to choose

Though I will ''nominate'' Jaromir Pytlik. I think he is 2020 draft eligible. I saw some youtube video about him. But I nominate him purely because he is czech. (I don't know any prospects at that age)

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This is creepy..
Boys at that age make huge steps. It's hard to choose

Though I will ''nominate'' Jaromir Pytlik. I think he is 2020 draft eligible. I saw some youtube video about him. But I nominate him purely because he is czech. (I don't know any prospects at that age)

He's 2019 eligible.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i feel like a creep even opening this thread... if anything, we should be talking about them in preparation of their junior draft or whatever, which is still 2-3 years away depending on where they live

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Should be intresting to look back on in a few years. With 4 years, 10 months till 2020 draft day the only thing you can do is name drop. I've really got no one except for maybe that asian kid with the insane hands and youtube videos. His name is mentioned above already. Surprisingly I have quite a few names for the 2019 NHL draft. I'd say maybe as the season progresses we'll hear of few names for 2020. Probably bump this thread in like 6 months.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Funny, most of the post are in term how ridicule this thread is. :shakehead

But when you look to old ones, i mean really old ones, that are talking about 2014, 2015, 2016 ... drafts, you can see there a lot well know names.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
You can find the Finnish wonderkids in the 'next golden generation' thread under the Finland board. Hype already building for them. Better prospects than Laine or Puljujärvi.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
You can find the Finnish wonderkids in the 'next golden generation' thread under the Finland board. Hype already building for them. Better prospects than Laine or Puljujärvi.

Shouldn't take this too seriously. Could be the most pessimistic Finn around up to day (not that it hurts, for the lesser hope often leads to lesser disappointment).

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

Didn't know 13 years old can already be better prospects than players who most likely go in 1st round... :sarcasm:

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Not sure of his exact birthday, but Kyron Crosby from Whitehorse could be 2020 eligible. I know Notre Dame asked if he wanted to go play bantam there this year. $35,000....

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
To be fair, McDavid was first mentioned on this board 4 years and 5 months ago. That's still not quite the 4 years and 10 months early that this thread is, but it's close. Eichel was mentioned 4 years and 10 months ago.

A lot of funny stuff in that McDavid thread. This one is great because, sarcastic as it was, it could have happened:

With the first two picks in the 2015 NHL draft the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select Connor Mcdavid and Mathew Barzal! Haha
:laugh:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Ha, these are kids. A bit early to tell I would imagine regardless if someone showed early signs of superior developement.

Anyhowz, have a peek to 2019 and there we have the highly touted Leevi Aaltonen. Ship him across the bond before the new years and you have next McGenerational player, a hybrid of Bure, Fedorov and Ovechkin. They never get any recoginition until they are dominating NA jr leagues. Just have a look at Puljujärvi and Laine. They were both barely 1st round prospects prior to last years international events. Only because of the fact of scouting agencies rarely taking much interest of European jr leagues especially when we are talking about leagues below U18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad