NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XI [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Because Laf has the best IQ in the draft. He’s a step ahead of everyone else. He’s like Stone but actually a good slater. His shot is OK but he’s a playmaker first, not a sniper. Perfetti has a much better shot for example and Rossi doesn’t have that Crosby backhander.

Rossi is a good prospect but IMO probably the most overrated one in this fanbase
9/10 NHL teams had him in the 5-10 range .. pretty much on par with Raymond and Perfetti. Rossi had one outlier that skewed his ranking.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Pageau is not overly fast. Rossi is not slow, I would maybe give Pageau a slight edge in overall speed but Rossi is at worst his equal in every other aspect of skating.

Pageau is significantly more explosive in his first steps.
There’s a reason why a third of Pageau’s annual goals are short handed breakaways.

Man I really miss Pager. Hopefully NYI lose so we can obtain a prospect that can replicate the impact he had on our team or higher.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because Laf has the best IQ in the draft. He’s a step ahead of everyone else. He’s like Stone but actually a good slater. His shot is OK but he’s a playmaker first, not a sniper. Perfetti has a much better shot for example and Rossi doesn’t have that Crosby backhander.

Rossi is a good prospect but IMO probably the most overrated one in this fanbase
This fan base? He’s the second most popular player at 3 that I’ve seen on lists. If stutzle isn’t 3 it’s rossi. Or raymond

Reactions: SensFactor

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
This fan base? He’s the second most popular player at 3 that I’ve seen on lists. If stutzle isn’t 3 it’s rossi. Or raymond

Uh which lists? I think you’re looking at the wrong lists. He’s going to be a bottom five pick in the top 10. Look at Bobs rankings. There’s no chance he’s going top 3 or 4. You’re overrating him if if you have him that high.

Reactions: StephenReis

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Me thinking he’s overrated doesn’t mean I don’t think he’ll go top 10. He’s a 7-10 for me.
I think he could just as easily go 5 as 7. Rossi, Perfetti,Raymond, Sanderson... Sort them any way you want .. they can go in any order I wouldn't bat an eye. Its all about preference of the people ranking or picking when its their turn.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Pageau is significantly more explosive in his first steps.
There’s a reason why a third of Pageau’s annual goals are short handed breakaways.

Man I really miss Pager. Hopefully NYI lose so we can obtain a prospect that can replicate the impact he had on our team or higher.
The player we get with the isles picks should theoretically have much higher upside than Pageau

Reactions: DueDiligence

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Uh which lists? I think you’re looking at the wrong lists. He’s going to be a bottom five pick in the top 10. Look at Bobs rankings. There’s no chance he’s going top 3 or 4. You’re overrating him if if you have him that high.
I’m saying some people do. Bobs list does not say who the best players are lol. It gives an accurate picture of where the players are set to go.

must wanting rossi at 5 is not over rating him lol

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe if that pick's in the top 15 but even then it not even close to a sure thing. If that Islander pick land somewhere in the 20s our odds of getting someone with higher upside than Pageau are not good.
I disagree, the upside should be much higher than a third line centre, but the risk and uncertainty of reaching that would be higher. For example if they got Maverick Bourque or Lapierre I’d say they have higher upside than pageau

Reactions: Cosmix

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I’m saying some people do. Bobs list does not say who the best players are lol. It gives an accurate picture of where the players are set to go.

must wanting rossi at 5 is not over rating him lol
You made it sound like the majority of lists you’ve seen have Stutzle or Rossi #3. I have seen maybe 1 lost have Rossi that high.

Bobs rankings are consensus best player rankings from nhl scouts. So yes it does give a good picture of how they’re viewed in the scouting world

Reactions: StephenReis

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I personally have Raymond, Perfetti, Rossi, Holtz, Drysdale, and Lundell a head of Sanderson.

Holtz seems to be the guy that’s getting underrated, he’s been putting up numbers everywhere he goes and has zero big weaknesses.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You made it sound like the majority of lists you’ve seen have Stutzle or Rossi #3. I have seen maybe 1 lost have Rossi that high.

Bobs rankings are consensus best player rankings from nhl scouts. So yes it does give a good picture of how they’re viewed in the scouting world
So we’re over rating a player if we want him 2 spots ahead of where bobs list had him

He could very well be the fourth guy picked.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Perfetti range from 10/10 scouts 4-12
Raymond range from 10/10 scouts 5-11
Rossi range from 9/10 scouts 5-10 , 1 scout 18

If that one scout also was in the 5-10 range there is a good chance Rossi leads the 3 of them.
My point is its extremely close by Bob's rankings ... so I would not be too confident in the order.

That one at 18 I have no idea what that is about but clearly .. not a fan

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Perfetti range from 10/10 scouts 4-12
Raymond range from 10/10 scouts 5-11
Rossi range from 9/10 scouts 5-10 , 1 scout 18

If that one scout also was in the 5-10 range there is a good chance Rossi leads the 3 of them.
My point is its extremely close by Bob's rankings ... so I would not be too confident in the order.

That one at 18 I have no idea what that is about but clearly .. not a fan
Yeah I think that is stupid too

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Maybe if that pick's in the top 15 but even then it not even close to a sure thing. If that Islander pick land somewhere in the 20s our odds of getting someone with higher upside than Pageau are not good.
I think you have a bit of recency bias. JGP was having a career year this past season but up until then had never over 45 points or over 20 goals. The Islanders pick has a very good chance of surpassing what JGP has done.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
its not a sure thing but I like the chances of getting a good 3rd liner with a pick in the 20svthis year.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Where does the Isles pick end up if they win the qualifier vs FLA but then lose the next matchup? (which is what I think will happen)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think you have a bit of recency bias. JGP was having a career year this past season but up until then had never over 45 points or over 20 goals. The Islanders pick has a very good chance of surpassing what JGP has done.
People often overate picks too though, take a look at the last dozen years worth of 20, 21 and 22nd OA picks,

We have this being a deep draft on our side, hopefully it's more like 2015 than your average draft, but I do understand why some people are cautious about letting expectations get out of hand.

Reactions: Ed Wood

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Where does the Isles pick end up if they win the qualifier vs FLA but then lose the next matchup? (which is what I think will happen)
Dependant on all the other series. Could be as high as 16, but in all likelihood would be 20ish

Reactions: h2

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dependant on all the other series. Could be as high as 16, but in all likelihood would be 20ish
I think the highest would be 17th, but good point, I was set on them losing to get us a stronger pick than 21, but they can move up 4 spots if teams below them make it to the conference finals, or did they do something different this year because of the weird play in system?

R2010

May 23, 2011
The smoke is all of the connections to Germany and Stutzle in the LA organization.

That interview with the LA staff person also gave me a slight feeling that they would be leaning Stutzle. It also made it seem like they were super high on Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad