Stats Update:

Alexis Lafreniere LW QMJHL
22 GP 13 G 35 A 48 PTS

Quinton Byfield C OHL
22 GP 16 G 25 A 41 PTS

Reactions: Alex1234

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

"[Luke Tuch] plays a physical power-forward game with smarts, skills and competitiveness," said Dan Marr, Director of NHL Central Scouting. "He plays a similar style as older brother Alex in that they both get results by playing the game the correct way and don't take any short cuts. They give all they have when on the ice."

"He's been a major driver of our identity as a physically demanding team to play against," U.S. NTDP U-18 coach Seth Appert said. "He has been physically punishing almost every game this year while scoring in the hard areas around the net."

"He's quick out of blocks and has good speed with puck," said Greg Rajanen of NHL Central Scouting. "He handles the puck well, has good awareness and good vision in finding open teammates."

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Rafi, you continously updating this thread is nice. I just want you to know that I appreciate your content and dedication. I don't have the same kind of time i did in my 20s to watch a lot of junior, NCAA or Euro leagues that I once did but it's nice to have someone posting here who's paying attention, even if its some twitter scouts. I don't actively have a twitter account for personal reasons but its nice for someone to curate some good content from that platform.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Rafi, you continously updating this thread is nice. I just want you to know that I appreciate your content and dedication. I don't have the same kind of time i did in my 20s to watch a lot of junior, NCAA or Euro leagues that I once did but it's nice to have someone posting here who's paying attention, even if its some twitter scouts. I don't actively have a twitter account for personal reasons but its nice for someone to curate some good content from that platform.

Thanks. It is something to get optimistic about given everything we have been through as fans. At least it is possible that the Senators could be a strong team in the long run. I like to keep updates here for both prospects that are well known and those flying slightly under the radar. So far this looks like it could be an awesome draft. Not only are there phenoms at the top end, there are also skilled, gritty and well rounded players throughout the draft, I am constantly finding interesting gems that could be had in the later rounds. At this point I hope we can get a few more picks because there are a ton of players I want the Sens to draft. Even in the later rounds there are a number of raw prospects and overagers that could be worth drafting.

I plan on continuing to update this thread as the season goes on. I will continue to post names, info and clips on prospects that I think look interesting and everyone can check them out and see who they think are interesting as well. I'm glad that yourself and others are enjoying the content here.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Thanks. It is something to get optimistic about given everything we have been through as fans. At least it is possible that the Senators could be a strong team in the long run. I like to keep updates here for both prospects that are well known and those flying slightly under the radar. So far this looks like it could be an awesome draft. Not only are there phenoms at the top end, there are also skilled, gritty and well rounded players throughout the draft, I am constantly finding interesting gems that could be had in the later rounds. At this point I hope we can get a few more picks because there are a ton of players I want the Sens to draft. Even in the later rounds there are a number of raw prospects and overagers that could be worth drafting.

I plan on continuing to update this thread as the season goes on. I will continue to post names, info and clips on prospects that I think look interesting and everyone can check them out and see who they think are interesting as well. I'm glad that yourself and others are enjoying the content here.
Thanks for all the updates

Reactions: ijif and RAFI BOMB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
gonna try and catch byfield live on Wednesday during the day.
You will be impressed. He uses his size very well, but it’s not the reason he is dominant. Sometimes we get fooled by bigger players dominating in Junior but this kid would be dominant at 6 ft 180lbs in my opinion.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
gonna try and catch byfield live on Wednesday during the day.

Do you mean Thursday in Ottawa? I don't see anywhere to buy tickets?

I assumed its a game where a bunch of kids from different schools get tickets and not available to the public, would love to go if possible.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Do you mean Thursday in Ottawa? I don't see anywhere to buy tickets?

I assumed its a game where a bunch of kids from different schools get tickets and not available to the public, would love to go if possible.

Yeah, it's the annual school day game. In years past they've cut off the single game tickets (looks like they've done that again this year) but they usually have some tickets available for STH's (which in years past have hit the re-sale market). Kind of makes sense that they would want to limit the number of "strange" adults walking around when there's gonna be 5k+ kids running around.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, it's the annual school day game. In years past they've cut off the single game tickets (looks like they've done that again this year) but they usually have some tickets available for STH's (which in years past have hit the re-sale market). Kind of makes sense that they would want to limit the number of "strange" adults walking around when there's gonna be 5k+ kids running around.

Totally understandable, but what a terrible game to pick for this event! Sudbury only comes to town once this year and they could of marketed the game to just about every Sens fan in town in a rebuild year.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for tickets becoming available, thanks for the info.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Totally understandable, but what a terrible game to pick for this event! Sudbury only comes to town once this year and they could of marketed the game to just about every Sens fan in town in a rebuild year.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for tickets becoming available, thanks for the info.

Yeah, it definitely seems like a strange fit considering it's the only time Sudbury is down. When I was around the team I know there was a concerted effort to make the school day game against one of Kingston/Peterborough since they see those teams 3+ times/year. I'm sure it was a scheduling issue, because I think the organization is smart enough not to Byfield in the day game unless they absolutely had to.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
For anyone looking to keep track of stats for prospects in this draft I recommend this link:
Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

This link is to the 2020 draft center at Elite Prospects. As a note you can click on goals, assists, points and pims to rank the prospects from highest to lowest. You can click on the player info tab if you want to rank prospects by height, weight or date of birth. You can also search position, league and nationality. They also update the rankings of players so if you click on a player profile it will list where they are ranked by major sources.

A few limitations is that some draft eligible players are not listed here but can be found elsewhere on elite prospects. Those will most likely be later round picks. Also it doesn't include over age players that are still draft eligible, only players that are in there first year of draft eligibility are listed. One way to deal with that is to click on stats and then choose a league. Then on the far right there is a tab which you can click on then scroll to "Undrafted prospects (U21)". This will provide a list of all undrafted players but again it has its limitations. It includes players that are past their draft eligibility and are free agents and prospects eligible in subsequent drafts so it does take some work to sift through the profiles to find quality overagers or players going under the radar. Here are a few links for that:

WHL:
Elite Prospects - WHL Stats 2019-2020

OHL:
Elite Prospects - OHL Stats 2019-2020

QMJHL:
Elite Prospects - QMJHL Stats 2019-2020

USHL:
Elite Prospects - USHL Stats 2019-2020

I will continue to add names here that I think are worth paying attention to. I just thought some on here might want some easy access to check out prospects and keep updated on stats.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
My updated list of prospects worth keeping an eye on:

1st Round
Alexis Lafreniere LW 6'1 192 lbs QMJHL
Alexis Lafrenière at eliteprospects.com

Quinton Byfield C 6'4 214 lbs OHL
Quinton Byfield at eliteprospects.com

Cole Perfetti C 5'10 185 lbs OHL
Cole Perfetti at eliteprospects.com

Marco Rossi C 5'9 179 lbs OHL
Marco Rossi at eliteprospects.com

Jamie Drysdale D 5'11 165 lbs OHL
Jamie Drysdale at eliteprospects.com

Tim Stutzle F 5'11 165 lbs DEL
Tim Stützle at eliteprospects.com

Alexander Holtz RW/LW 6' 183 lbs SHL
Alexander Holtz at eliteprospects.com

Lucas Raymond RW/LW 5'10 165 lbs SHL
Lucas Raymond at eliteprospects.com

Dylan Holloway F 6' 192 lbs NCAA
Dylan Holloway at eliteprospects.com

Hendrix Lapierre C 5'11 172 lbs QMJHL
Hendrix Lapierre at eliteprospects.com

Late 1st/ Early 2nd Round

Dawson Mercer RW 6' 172 lbs QMJHL
Dawson Mercer at eliteprospects.com

Carter Savoie LW 5'9 170 lbs AJHL
Carter Savoie at eliteprospects.com

Connor Zary C 6' 174 lbs WHL
Connor Zary at eliteprospects.com

Jaromir Pytlik C 6'3 196 lbs OHL
Jaromir Pytlik at eliteprospects.com

Justin Sourdif C 5'11 165 lbs WHL
Justin Sourdif at eliteprospects.com

Antonio Stranges C/LW 5'10 170 lbs OHL
Antonio Stranges at eliteprospects.com

Late 2nd/ 3rd Round

Jack Quinn RW 5'11 176 lbs OHL
Jack Quinn at eliteprospects.com

Jean-Luc Foudy C 5'11 168 lbs OHL
Jean-Luc Foudy at eliteprospects.com

Ryan O'Rourke D 6'2 181 lbs OHL
Ryan O'Rourke at eliteprospects.com

Dylan Peterson C 6'4 192 lbs USDP
Dylan Peterson at eliteprospects.com

Alexander Nikishin D 6'3 196 lbs KHL
Alexander Nikishin at eliteprospects.com

Luke Tuch LW 6'2 203 lbs USDP
Luke Tuch at eliteprospects.com

Maxim Groshev RW 6'2 194 lbs KHL
Maxim Groshev at eliteprospects.com

Jake Neighbours LW 5'11 201 lbs WHL
Jake Neighbours at eliteprospects.com

Ozzy Wiesblatt RW 5'10 183 lbs WHL
Ozzy Wiesblatt at eliteprospects.com

John-Jason Peterka F 5'10 181 lbs DEL
John-Jason Peterka at eliteprospects.com

4th to 7th Round

Carsen Richels F 6'2 201 lbs UMHSEHL
Carsen Richels at eliteprospects.com

Brendan Brisson F 5'11 179 lbs USHL
Brendan Brisson at eliteprospects.com

Ruben Rafkin D 6' 190 lbs OHL
Ruben Rafkin at eliteprospects.com

Landon Slaggert C 6' 183 lbs USDP
Landon Slaggert at eliteprospects.com

Adam Raska LW 5'10 168 lbs QMJHL
Adam Raska at eliteprospects.com

Cross Hanas LW 6'1 165 lbs WHL
Cross Hanas at eliteprospects.com

Andrei Bakanov F 6'2 218 lbs OHL
Andrei Bakanov at eliteprospects.com

Matthew Rempe C 6'8 205 lbs WHL
Matthew Rempe at eliteprospects.com

Kirill Kondryev F 6'1 194 lbs MHL
Kirill Kondyrev at eliteprospects.com

Bogdan Trineyev F 6'3 176 lbs MHL
Bogdan Trineyev at eliteprospects.com

Maxim Beryozkin LW/RW 5'2 201 lbs MHL
Maxim Beryozkin at eliteprospects.com

Stephen Halliday LW 6'3 230 lbs USHL
Stephen Halliday at eliteprospects.com

Tanner Latsch C 6'1 190 lbs USDP
Tanner Latsch at eliteprospects.com

Ryan Kirwan F 6'2 194 lbs USHL
Ryan Kirwan at eliteprospects.com

Nate Hanley C 5'10 174 lbs USHL
Nate Hanley at eliteprospects.com

Lain Singer F 6'3 185 lbs EJEPL 18U
Lain Singer at eliteprospects.com

Overagers

Tag Bertuzzi C 6'1 198 lbs OHL
Tag Bertuzzi at eliteprospects.com

Yegor Sokolov RW 6'4 240 lbs QMJHL
Yegor Sokolov at eliteprospects.com

Trevor Kuntar C 6' 203 lbs USHL
Trevor Kuntar at eliteprospects.com

Oliver Okuliar LW 6'1 192 lbs WHL
Oliver Okuliar at eliteprospects.com

Ivan Manin F 6'1 198 lbs MHL
Ivan Manin at eliteprospects.com

Xavier Simoneau C 5'7 176 lbs QMJHL
Xavier Simoneau at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

The rankings of players that I recommended keeping an eye on:

1st Round
1. Alexis Lafreniere, 2. Lucas Raymond, 3. Quinton Byfield, 4. Tim Stutzle, 7. Jamie Drysdale, 8. Alexander Holtz, 9. Cole Perfetti, 10. Marco Rossi, 11. Hendrix Lapierre, 12. Dylan Holloway, 16. Connor Zary, 25. Dawson Mercer, 26 Antonio Stranges, 30. Jaromir Pytlik

2nd Round

37. Luke Tuch, 38. Jake Neighbours, 39. Justin Sourdif, 41. Carter Savoie, 47. John-Jason Peterka, 56. Adam Raska, 59. Jean-Luc Foudy, 61. Ryan O'Rourke

3rd Round

65. Ruben Rafkin, 66. Jack Quinn, 67. Ozzy Wiesblatt, 75 Alexander Nikishin, 84. Dylan Peterson, 85. Landon Slaggert, 89. Cross Hanas

4th Round

94. Maxim Groshev, 120. Bogdan Trineyev

5th Round

143. Brendan Brisson

6th Round

159. Ryan Kirwan, 178. Andrei Bakanov, 181. Maxim Beryozkin, 186. Stephen Halliday

7th Round

Unranked/Overage

Carsen Richels, Matthew Rempe, Kirill Kondryev, Tanner Latsch, Tag Bertuzzi, Yegor Sokolov, Trevor Kuntar, Oliver Okuliar, Ivan Manin, Xavier Simoneau

Last edited:
Reactions: Sen sational

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For anyone looking to keep track of stats for prospects in this draft I recommend this link:
Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

This link is to the 2020 draft center at Elite Prospects. As a note you can click on goals, assists, points and pims to rank the prospects from highest to lowest. You can click on the player info tab if you want to rank prospects by height, weight or date of birth. You can also search position, league and nationality. They also update the rankings of players so if you click on a player profile it will list where they are ranked by major sources.

A few limitations is that some draft eligible players are not listed here but can be found elsewhere on elite prospects. Those will most likely be later round picks. Also it doesn't include over age players that are still draft eligible, only players that are in there first year of draft eligibility are listed. One way to deal with that is to click on stats and then choose a league. Then on the far right there is a tab which you can click on then scroll to "Undrafted prospects (U21)". This will provide a list of all undrafted players but again it has its limitations. It includes players that are past their draft eligibility and are free agents and prospects eligible in subsequent drafts so it does take some work to sift through the profiles to find quality overagers or players going under the radar. Here are a few links for that:

WHL:
Elite Prospects - WHL Stats 2019-2020

OHL:
Elite Prospects - OHL Stats 2019-2020

QMJHL:
Elite Prospects - QMJHL Stats 2019-2020

USHL:
Elite Prospects - USHL Stats 2019-2020

I will continue to add names here that I think are worth paying attention to. I just thought some on here might want some easy access to check out prospects and keep updated on stats.
CAN I SORT BY CHARACTER

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
https://www.futurescopehockey.com/post/november-top-62

Nice ranking with a blurb on all the players and a link directly to elite prospects.
I am not too worried about the 1st round. Lots of good players in the top 15. Of course one of Laf or Byf would be amazing.
The 2nd round we have CBJ and DAL picks as well as ours (So far ... insert grinning Pierre Dorion photo) . We could try to trade up into the 1st for another pick which I would support.
2nd Round prospects that interest me are
Quinn
Pytlik
Bordeleau (bloodlines)
Braydon Shneider (6'2 210lb RHD)

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
https://www.futurescopehockey.com/post/november-top-62

Nice ranking with a blurb on all the players and a link directly to elite prospects.
I am not too worried about the 1st round. Lots of good players in the top 15. Of course one of Laf or Byf would be amazing.
The 2nd round we have CBJ and DAL picks as well as ours (So far ... insert grinning Pierre Dorion photo) . We could try to trade up into the 1st for another pick which I would support.
2nd Round prospects that interest me are
Quinn
Pytlik
Bordeleau (bloodlines)
Braydon Shneider (6'2 210lb RHD)

Those blurbs are nice. It is good to be able to have a quick analysis of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad