NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Someone I know who works for a team in Quebec said the Volts are appealing it, which they should in my opinion, no clue how that could get a 6 game suspension from someone who has zero history of anything dirty.

Costs quite a bit to form the appeal, like 10K or something, so they would have to be sure and feel they would win to submit it.
Wow was that ever a gutless hit. Definitely doesn’t warrant 6 games though. They should appeal.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Looks like a good bet to take forwards at the next draft since there seems to be a lot of Dmen in the 2021 draft
https://www.tsn.ca/defencemen-dominate-craig-button-s-early-look-at-2021-nhl-draft-class-1.1394203

Yeah that makes sense. In looking through the 2020 draft class the majority of talent and depth appear to be at forward. There are some high quality d men in the first round and some in the second round but it doesn't make a ton of sense for us to target them. I could see us using one of our 2nd round picks on a player like Alexander Nikishin. But overall this looks like a draft to take mostly forwards. It helps that we have drafted/traded for a number of d men recently (Brannstrom, Thomson, Guenette, Bernard-Docker and Tychonick) and that the 2021 draft is deep at defense. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting forwards with all of our picks or almost all of our picks this draft. Other than Alexander Nikishin, Jamie Drysdale is the only other d man that I want the Sens to draft. But Drysdale should go fairly so I don't know if we should pass up on the forwards that will be available.

Reactions: Alex1234

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I recommend watching the whole video.

Hmm. So is he a high character guy?;)

Would look dynamite on Browns wing.
Tkachuk-Brown-Lafreniere would equal domination

But...Byfield
Tkachuk-Byfield-Batherson would..dominate

Tkachuk-Brown-InsertFirstRoundPick would probably dominate as well.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Looks like a good bet to take forwards at the next draft since there seems to be a lot of Dmen in the 2021 draft
https://www.tsn.ca/defencemen-dominate-craig-button-s-early-look-at-2021-nhl-draft-class-1.1394203

Owen Power is a strong name.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Alex1234

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If we end up getting a few more late picks it might be worth taking a flyer on a giant like Matthew Rempe.
He is listed at 6'8 205 lbs and plays center. He is playing in the WHL and his stats are 2 GP 1 G 0 A 1 PT.
Matthew Rempe at eliteprospects.com
Looks like there is some raw skill there and some mobility/speed. Certainly worth paying some attention to this year to see if he is worth a pick as a project.
T-Birds Sign Matthew Rempe – Seattle Thunderbirds
“Since we listed Matthew in 2017 he has had a staggering rate of development,” said La Forge. “Matthew is a prospect with a great ceiling and comes from a hockey playing family. His older twin sisters Steph and Alley both play at Brown University in the NCAA. It is exciting he chose us to develop as a hockey player and to take advantage of the WHL Scholarship Program.”

Can see his WHL goal at 2:46 in the highlights. He wears #32
WHL Network

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Owen Power is a strong name.

giphy.gif

2021 is going to be the draft of great names. You've got the goalie Wallstadt. Joseph Woll was a good name for a goalie, but welcome to wall city!

Then you've got 90s teen pop sensations, Connor Lockhart and Chaz Lucius.

And of course let's not forget about Riley Kidney.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If we end up getting a few more late picks it might be worth taking a flyer on a giant like Matthew Rempe.
He is listed at 6'8 205 lbs and plays center. He is playing in the WHL and his stats are 2 GP 1 G 0 A 1 PT.
Matthew Rempe at eliteprospects.com
Looks like there is some raw skill there and some mobility/speed. Certainly worth paying some attention to this year to see if he is worth a pick as a project.
T-Birds Sign Matthew Rempe – Seattle Thunderbirds

Can see his WHL goal at 2:46 in the highlights. He wears #32
WHL Network

honestly thats being too big. just the way he moves around the ice looks awkward.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ran into Trent Mann at Starbucks yesterday morning.

Chatted for a couple minutes about the 2020 Draft class.

Name dropped Stutzle. Apparently he expects to make a trip to Germany soon.
Euge saving his air miles to send him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad