Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 134th Overall Pick, Brett Berard, LW

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I get Cam Atkinson vibes when I watch him

I get Gallagher vibes if he reaches his potential I think Berard is a more pain in the ass type. Maybe Yanni Gourde type at worst. I see him as a top 9 forward upside that is smart enough that can play with skilled players in the top 6 if needed

Reactions: Rongomania

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Been awhile since this thread was updated, interesting prospect to follow and interesting projections of his possible future. How are Rangers fans feeling about him now? I see he had a few AHL appearances this year how did he look?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
8pts through 9gp in Hartford, more than Othmann.
iu

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yes, and Kravtsov has 13P in 16G playing for Tractor this year.

'He who shall not be named'

If Berard could find a way to finish the season with around the point totals that Cuylle had last year, say 50 points, that would be HUGE for the organization. He's a water-bug type of high energy winger and he is a good defensive forward already. If he can prove that his offense will translate to the pros then he is going to be a nice middle-6 winger

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
By 1 assist lol.

Both are doing exactly what we hoped for as rookies. 4th and 5th in scoring on the Pack early on. Though I haven't actually seen any Pack games, just going by stats.
I'd say Othmann is playing as expected but Berard is definitely exceeding expectations. The guy was a 5th round pick! Keep in mind the guys ahead of them are older career AHL'ers, very good for rookies

Yes, and Kravtsov has 13P in 16G playing for Tractor this year.
Uh that is very good lol, that pace over a full season would land him top 10 in KHL scoring last season.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Exactly the type of player we're missing, absolutely elite skater. Also brings that swagger/flare to his game that we envy from other young kids around the league, he's pretty flashy and does huge cellys. Very up tempo game, even if he doesn't pan out offensively I think he would still make a very good bottom 6 player despite being undersized. I remember he wore number 6 at his first WJC (which was Jack Hughes number prior) and he looked so much like Jack Hughes. The skating is very similar.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Exactly the type of player we're missing, absolutely elite skater. Also brings that swagger/flare to his game that we envy from other young kids around the league, he's pretty flashy and does huge cellys. Very up tempo game, even if he doesn't pan out offensively I think he would still make a very good bottom 6 player despite being undersized. I remember he wore number 6 at his first WJC (which was Jack Hughes number prior) and he looked so much like Jack Hughes. The skating is very similar.

Once again, just you.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe in regards to celly's but you'll see many posts complaining about how vanilla our high end young picks are compared to other teams, how they don't have flashy stand out skills etc.

Again, mostly just you.

On that note I don’t know how the f*** you missed the Mintyukov boat. He would cause you to swab your ass 69 times per period.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Maybe in regards to celly's but you'll see many posts complaining about how vanilla our high end young picks are compared to other teams, how they don't have flashy stand out skills etc.
I'm with you, we need someone with swagger here. We see it from Igor with the theatrical glove saves when it's not needed. We need a skater or two like that.

I hate seeing Jack Hughes with a walk off stick throw into the crowd. Or was that Zegras? But if we had a kid like that we'd eat it up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
'He who shall not be named'

If Berard could find a way to finish the season with around the point totals that Cuylle had last year, say 50 points, that would be HUGE for the organization. He's a water-bug type of high energy winger and he is a good defensive forward already. If he can prove that his offense will translate to the pros then he is going to be a nice middle-6 winger

Hate to quote myself but he’s tracking for exactly this type of season

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hate to quote myself but he’s tracking for exactly this type of season
His game has really picked up lately. 12 points in his last 11 games.

As much as it hurts the team to lose players like Brodz and Nash, I think it helps a guy like Berard, as he is counted on more to carry the offense.

Othmann too. He's up to 33 points in 40 games. He has points in 13 of his last 16 games, with 14 points over that span. In his last 27 games, he has 26 points.

8 of his 13 goals have come on the PP, so he definitely needs to produce more 5 on 5, but he's trending in the right direction for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad