Prospect Info: 2020 4th Rd Selection - #122 OA (via VGK) - RD William Villeneuve (QMJHL) - 6'1 181

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
In my opinion, he is a more well-rounded player than Poirier.

Easily. But Poirier has elite offensive ability from the back-end. Like, skate through an entire team type of skills. Which.....is what he tries to do too often, and thus his defensive liabilities come out...frequently.

Treasure Island

Mar 24, 2014
Kingston
Just thinking here. Do you not think Barb is part of the Leaf scouting dept. Would she not have access to all the potential Leaf picks?
If so do you not think that if a potential draft pick had skating issues that she would not be asked her thoughts.
They have videos of all the players. If there was a skating issue she could not correct, do you think the Leafs would draft that player?
This organization is a top player developer. One of the best in the NHL, except for goalies LOL.

Reactions: New Liskeard

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
What could have been if he never shattered his leg. Has made a good career for himself overseas though. A few Spengler Cups as well.

Yeah was hoping for big things for him. Just seemed like one of those guys who gets through whatever is thrown at him. I like seeing kids that have played locally do well. Not all of them are locals but have seen some good ones in Bourdon, Couturier, Dobson, Luongo, Didomenico etc. One of my relatives got drafted to the Q this year so hoping for him too.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Absolutely love this pick! Was looking at him for our 2nd rounder and was shocked we got him in the 4th.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hoping that maybe the Q allows the Maritime teams to continue playing....most likely though I think we are not far off from seeing the Q shutting back down.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice value at this spot. Well rounded d man with good offensive tools. Skating needs work.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Good pick was pushing for his D partner Poirier in the 3rd round but he went to Calgary in the 70's. Let's hope he's the real engine on that pair.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Good pick was pushing for his D partner Poirier in the 3rd round but he went to Calgary in the 70's. Let's hope he's the real engine on that pair.

Poirier is a tire fire in his own end and Villaneuve was responsible for cleaning up his messes. It's very telling that Villaneuve was voted best D-man on the Sea Dogs and was nominated for best D-man in the Q ahead of Poirier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad