NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Westbrook tied Oscar Robertson for most triple doubles in NBA history.

Us fans should never take this talent for granted. He will shatter the triple double record and he is only 32. He’s had triple doubles in 19% of his career games. That’s higher than Oscar and Magic. That’s just crazy. It would be even higher if he didn’t play with Harden last year.

Reactions: darko

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Was bound to happen after they ventured into politics last year. People don't want that stuff involved in sports, they watch sports to get away from all that crap. They should have expected this.

Anyhow, Steph has to be at least an MVP nominee this year. Even with all the Jokic hype I think he has a good chance now that GSW will at least be in the "play-in"

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
While the politics probably have played a part somewhat I don't think it's just that. They been watering down the regular season more and more each year and these stupid play-ins aren't helping. I bet numbers are back to normal or at least close to it for the playoffs.

They should probably do 72 games every year AND drop the play in tournament but we all know that won't happen. $

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
NBA ratings have been dropping for a while. definitely didn't just start last year, and others sports have seen ratings drops since the pandemic started as well

streaming has a lot to do with the NBA's ratings drop in recent years

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Jeanie Buss has Phil Jackson and LeBron as top 5 Lakers over Baylor, Goodrich, Shaq, West, Wilt, and Worthy.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Re: The Ratings

The overall product the NBA is putting out just isn't that great. If you like offense then you'll love it but if I wanted to watch dudes chuck up 3 after 3 then I could go watch a YMCA pickup game or something.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Terrence Davis is worth much more than a 2nd.
I was so mad about that one. I think they were looking to move on because of his legal issues but there’s no denying his talent. Shoot 3’s in your face and dunk on your head... and his past as a WR gives him a level of toughness and fearlessness that I love to see.

Between him, Delon Wright and Halliburton there’s a lot of incentive for me to watch Kings games going forward.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was so mad about that one. I think they were looking to move on because of his legal issues but there’s no denying his talent. Shoot 3’s in your face and dunk on your head... and his past as a WR gives him a level of toughness and fearlessness that I love to see.

Between him, Delon Wright and Halliburton there’s a lot of incentive for me to watch Kings games going forward.
Yeah I read about the DV after I posted that. I thought they were dumping him for cheap because he was an rfa coming up and the Raptors have less roster spots. It definitely makes more sense now.

I wasn’t really sure what McNair was doing at the deadline, but picking up TD, Wright and Moe Harkless for what amounted to 2 2nds was incredible value. Those guys kept them in the race for a play in much longer than they should have been without Fox, Barnes and Halliburton.

Reactions: sparxx87

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah I read about the DV after I posted that. I thought they were dumping him for cheap because he was an rfa coming up and the Raptors have less roster spots. It definitely makes more sense now.
Weird situation. The organization came out in the pre season and said they’re comfortable moving forward based on their information so we assumed it was blown out of proportion.. Most of the legal stuff was dropped or dismissed but he’d still seemed to fall out of favour and didn’t get much leash this year.

I don’t know what happened or what type of person he is, but he’s an incredible athlete. This video from coach Daniel (recently hired by Dallas) points out some of his potential upside. I was really excited about his future at one time.

Delon Wright is one of the most underrated players in the game. Really wanted him back and was disappointed he didn’t fit with the Mavs. Glad to see he’s possibly found a home.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Weird situation. The organization came out in the pre season and said they’re comfortable moving forward based on their information so we assumed it was blown out of proportion.. Most of the legal stuff was dropped or dismissed but he’d still seemed to fall out of favour and didn’t get much leash this year.

I don’t know what happened or what type of person he is, but he’s an incredible athlete. This video from coach Daniel (recently hired by Dallas) points out some of his potential upside. I was really excited about his future at one time.

Delon Wright is one of the most underrated players in the game. Really wanted him back and was disappointed he didn’t fit with the Mavs. Glad to see he’s possibly found a home.

Excellent video. His ability to play off the ball was noticeable from day 1. He plays like a guy expecting the ball to find him on every play. Dig the energy he brings and hope he continues to trend up.

Reactions: sparxx87

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Loved this.

Heat are getting ready for the playoffs and peaking at the perfect time. Finally coming together and playing their best basketball of the season.

Dragic and Herro haven't been good all season and now they suddenly look like they did in the bubble. Both Ariza and Dedmon were sitting at home for the entire season and now they're contributing to a playoff team. The Oladipo injury hurts, especially on defense, but this team looks deep and tough to beat once again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ratings dropping has nothing to do with politics. That’s nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad