B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
He's a left Dman no? there's no room on the left side, he's way down the depth chart.
You're right. The Sens would have to lose a couple of left Dmen for Aspirot to get a shot. He's a good two-way defenceman who can take up the left wing position to add a threat down low.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You're right. The Sens would have to lose a couple of left Dmen for Aspirot to get a shot. He's a good two-way defenceman who can take up the left wing position to add a threat down low.
If he has another good yr maybe he gets a couple of games after the TDL if they move out a few defencemen but even next yr he will be behind a few guys again. IMO he is a career minor leaguer but maybe they move him at some point to get a chance with another org.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any Belleville fans wanna give me the scoop on Aspirot in terms of NHL potential? He's only 22 and was right at the top of the league for goals in last year's very short season. I haven't watched enough BSens to get a great understanding of his game. Do you expect he'll get any significant time with the big club this season?

I would say he's a fringe NHL player at best. He's ok in the AHL . Not dominant. Gets by. Would not be a must play down a goal late. Not holding any hope for him

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if it would be in the best intertest of this franchise for Belleville to win the Calder Cup this yr? Wouldn't hurt & it would bring recognition to the franchise that they are moving in the right direction & it would be good for some of these young guys to go on a long playoff run. With Gustavsson in net & he continues to play like he has since last yr, he could probably steal a few games himself & help the team win a number of close games.

Can Greig play in the AHL this yr because he played there to end last season? I thought I heard the guy on the broadcast the other night in Winn mention something like that. He would certainly help the B-Sens do well this season.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I wonder if it would be in the best intertest of this franchise for Belleville to win the Calder Cup this yr? Wouldn't hurt & it would bring recognition to the franchise that they are moving in the right direction & it would be good for some of these young guys to go on a long playoff run. With Gustavsson in net & he continues to play like he has since last yr, he could probably steal a few games himself & help the team win a number of close games.

Can Greig play in the AHL this yr because he played there to end last season? I thought I heard the guy on the broadcast the other night in Winn mention something like that. He would certainly help the B-Sens do well this season.
Greig is not eligible for the AHL this year because he didn’t play a minimum of 22 games in the A last season. You heard the broadcaster say that Cole Perfetti is eligible to play in the A this year, along with Byfield, Drysfale, Foerster etc. It ended up being a disadvantage to Greig having to go back to the W for the bubble because he didn’t get his 22 games in.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greig is not eligible for the AHL this year because he didn’t play a minimum of 22 games in the A last season. You heard the broadcaster say that Cole Perfetti is eligible to play in the A this year, along with Byfield, Drysfale, Foerster etc. It ended up being a disadvantage to Greig having to go back to the W for the bubble because he didn’t get his 22 games in.
Thanks, 22 games seems like an odd number, I wonder how they came to that conclusion?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Idk but in effect it created an exception exclusively available to top OHL players, which imo is dumb.
Yea, it's a little weird. If a junior player's team is knocked out of the playoffs or doesn't make the playoffs & they go play in the AHL for 20 games they can turn pro next season. If they are a good junior team that goes further in the playoffs, by the time he makes it to the AHL, they may not have 20 games left in their season, he has to be returned to junior the next yr & on & on with the different scenarios anyone can dream up.

I'd prefer to see 1 exclusion per NHL team & therefore would only total 32 players at the most in a given yr & teams & players decide who can go should they want to. While it would hurt the CHL a little there are always good players coming along every yr & potentially not all NHL clubs would have a player to exclude each yr. NCAA & European players can play in the AHL under 20 yrs old so why not allow 1 exclusion for CHL players too.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
9 sent down to Belleville today

The Ottawa Senators have released nine players from its 2021-22 training camp.
Goaltender Mads Sogaard, defencemen Xavier Bernard, Zac Leslie, Vincent Sevigny and Colby Williams, as well as forwards Philippe Daoust, Tyrell Goulbourne, Roby Jarventie and Matthew Wedman will all report to the Belleville Senators' training camp beginning Monday.

Sens release nine from camp

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
9 sent down to Belleville today

The Ottawa Senators have released nine players from its 2021-22 training camp.
Goaltender Mads Sogaard, defencemen Xavier Bernard, Zac Leslie, Vincent Sevigny and Colby Williams, as well as forwards Philippe Daoust, Tyrell Goulbourne, Roby Jarventie and Matthew Wedman will all report to the Belleville Senators' training camp beginning Monday.

Sens release nine from camp
Jarventie and Daoust should have good seasons down there. See them in 2 years.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think its 20.. not sure if anyone outside the OHL can take advantage

It's across the entire CHL not just the OHL it says, I think European & NCAA players can still go to the AHL before they are 20 yrs old, I don't think that changes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's across the entire CHL not just the OHL it says, I think European & NCAA players can still go to the AHL before they are 20 yrs old, I don't think that changes.
Yes I know that from a technical rule perspective .. but the W and the Q had seasons.. I don't think anyone in those leagues had the opportunity to play 20 in the AHL.

The euro clubs were never part of this .. players from there could always play early

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Rourke Chartier is sort of an interesting name there among the invites. A few years back it looked like he was on track to become an NHL player - big junior production in Kelowna, made Canada's WJC team, had a good run in the AHL and he made the Sharks team out of camp when he was 22. Then it all got derailed by concussions.

He has a chance to win a roster spot on what is looking like a pretty thin group of AHL forwards in Belleville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad