OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Packers LBs were absolute garbage and the safeties lined up way too far off the ball against a team whose strength is the run

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I thought tennessee had a good gameplan afainst Mahomes, he was just able to extend the play with his feet. Tennessee sorely needs a pass rusher in the offseason. Can’t let Mahomes scramble for that touchdown before half, took all the wind out of their sails

Reactions: My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

This made me crack up yesterday.

It also prompted me to want to find an image of Michael Eisner from the 2003 Finals against Anaheim. I could have sworn that he wore a hat that simply said "HOCKEY" on it while being interviewed. I went to games 4 and 6 in Anaheim, so I'm pretty sure that interview happened during game 3 but the archived version on NHL.tv didn't have the interview when I checked awhile back.

If my memory is correct, I like to think Eisner told his secretary to procure him a hockey hat for him to wear that night to the game and she interpreted the request a la Drax.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lowe was only at the game to promote the debut of his new TV show, so the hat was almost certainly given to him by Fox, which has the NFL contract.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
He has a TV show?

See...this is how much I give a crap about Rob Lowe. :laugh:

Eh, TV and movies are like NHL coaches and GMs. Once you get on the carousel, it's awfully hard to get off.

People still seek out Adam Sandler for work

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Lowe was only at the game to promote the debut of his new TV show, so the hat was almost certainly given to him by Fox, which has the NFL contract.

It's always amusing to watch parts of classic games to see which short lived shows the TV network was trying to cram down our throats. "HER FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY" is burned in my memory thanks to Fox and that show didn't last a full season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Why not just give him a FOX hat? A plain old NFL one makes it look like he’s schilling for Goodell instead of his show lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's really not the same thing...you can't help a guy (AB) who doesn't actually want help or to do the work to get his life straightened out. He ruined his own career and doesn't seem to know it. The other guy's fallen on hard times, that's a little different.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It's really not the same thing...you can't help a guy (AB) who doesn't actually want help or to do the work to get his life straightened out. He ruined his own career and doesn't seem to know it. The other guy's fallen on hard times, that's a little different.
There's no way of us knowing how much either of them do or don't want help. Sometimes people will in fact drink if you lead them to water.

CTE and drug/alcohol induced psychosis are terrifyingly real things so I fail to make a true distinction between what each of these guys are going through.

I also haven't read anywhere that West is actively seeking help. Why did you give him the benefit of the doubt and not AB?

Perhaps I'm being too naive or bleeding heart for some people's taste, but I have a hard time not empathizing with a guy who's been through this too many times:

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There's no way of us knowing how much either of them do or don't want help. Sometimes people will in fact drink if you lead them to water.

CTE and drug/alcohol induced psychosis are terrifyingly real things so I fail to make a true distinction between what each of these guys are going through.

I also haven't read anywhere that West is actively seeking help. Why did you give him the benefit of the doubt and not AB?

Perhaps I'm being too naive or bleeding heart for some people's taste, but I have a hard time not empathizing with a guy who's been through this too many times:

Remember when Richie Incognito's antics got him arrested and was rewarded with a contract extension

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If the NFL wants to convey that they superficially give a shit about players, they should publicly announce that they've reached out to AB to help him get his life back in order.

My guess is that the NFL is worried that a couple of thousand dollars will impact the $14B bottom line

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If the NFL wants to convey that they superficially give a **** about players, they should publicly announce that they've reached out to AB to help him get his life back in order.

My guess is that the NFL is worried that a couple of thousand dollars will impact the $14B bottom line

I mean, how exactly would the NFL effect that change? As @NJDevs26 correctly noted, if someone adamantly doesn't want "help" you cant aid them. Criminal behavior, multiple alleged sexual assaults, and that bizarre film he posted the other day, clearly the guy is self-destructive. When I first heard, "police on scene at AB's home" today, I feared the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad