Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Talk (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd rather just sign one in free agency. The purely defensive defenseman whose game is based on their physicality is usually easy to find in free agency. Guys like McQuaid, Oleksiak, Coburn, Edmonsson, Gudbransson. Easy free agency acquisitions.

This. I also would sign that type from free agency, if needed.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This. I also would sign that type from free agency, if needed.

...I could hope us trading RD Bowey + RD Lindström + other asset like Athanasiou for RD Trouba.
As we see, we have the guys to give (in a trade) and still have good guys like Regula on the pipeline coming up. The quality (Trouba) for quantity (cheap kids, offensive depth) trade is possible with a cap problem team like Jets.

Why trade Lindström?

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I'm a AVS fan.If Byram is avalaible in 4th pick, what are you ready to give for this pick(swap with 6th and??).

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
No offense, trouba is a cute dman but if you're opening up the realm of moving AA right now, we're just making another hole while fixing another. It makes no sense.

Im all for getting Trouba, but if you're wheeling out AA when we have zero adequate replacement ready for the 2C spot, it just doesnt make sense.

I love Velano, really do, but he's not ready for that spot just yet if that's were that's going. So, moving our defensive assets and something not named AA, id be down for it. But fixing one hole while making another, doesnt make sense IMO. Team already cant score, removing one of the better goal scorers on the team surely wont fix that.

Reactions: lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Detroit could sign Marchand for $1 and I would openly root against him. He's a bona fide dirty player that should have been given a full season off by now, but the league's discipline system has all the teeth of a senior citizen who lost their dentures.

Mixing it up and blurring the line of fair play is one thing. Marchand is another. And no matter how much skill comes along with being that degree of dirtbag, I'll pass. I'd sooner see Crosby hoist another Cup than him.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Sorry, but I don't see Bertuzzi licking anyone. Or sneaking around punching them in the back of the head and running away.

Bert literally punched a guy in the head from the bench while he was being held by another Wing.

I love Bert, but come on.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'm a AVS fan.If Byram is avalaible in 4th pick, what are you ready to give for this pick(swap with 6th and??).

I'd do something like 6 + Svechnikov+ lindstrom + 35th OA
You guys get a decent D prospect, a former first round pick that's struggled due to injuries but is NHL ready and our high second to drop two spots and still get one of the high end Cs. I'm personally pretty high on Byram so we get the guy that could be our #1 defenseman someday.

Reactions: Zetterbeer

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Bert literally punched a guy in the head from the bench while he was being held by another Wing.

After he took a spear to the chest.... That is not at all the same as Marchand waiting while the refs are tied up and not looking to sneak in and punch a guy that is on his knees in the back of the head and then skate away like a chicken shit.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Yeah I'll always struggle to hop on the Bert train because of stuff like this. I've always hated Marchand and Bert is way better, but there's similarities there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Back to actual draft talk though...

I don't know what the cost would be to move up 1-2 picks, but I would consider it for Bowen Byram.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Back to actual draft talk though...

I don't know what the cost would be to move up 1-2 picks, but I would consider it for Bowen Byram.

I just get the feeling that Chicago is taking Byram. They really need defense in the worst way, and him and Boqvist really helps that issue out big time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I just get the feeling that Chicago is taking Byram. They really need defense in the worst way, and him and Boqvist really helps that issue out big time.

Boqvist, Jokiharju, and Beaudin is a pretty quality group of young defenseman. They have used 3 first round picks on defensemen in the last 2 years. I don’t think it is as big of a need as you think.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Boqvist, Jokiharju, and Beaudin is a pretty quality group of young defenseman. They have used 3 first round picks on defensemen in the last 2 years. I don’t think it is as big of a need as you think.

They seem pretty set up front now though. Kane, Debrincat, and Toews had great seasons, and Strome finally emerged. The blue line was a huge issue all season, and Byram might be genuinely better than any of the three guys you listed.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They seem pretty up front now though. Kane, Debrincat, and Toews had great seasons, and Strome finally emerged. The blue line was a huge issue all season, and Byram might be genuinely better than any of the three guys you listed.

I don't think Byram can help for at least 2 seasons. I just think they have done a good job with the pipeline already going into this draft. So I don't think it is a foregone conclusion they will go Byram, although I can see the appeal.

The #3 pick is an incredibly tough spot to be in with this draft. There are a lot of expectations with that pick, and I don't know who the right pick is in that slot this year.

I do think Byram goes somewhere in the 3-5 range without a doubt. Personally expecting it to be LA.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
Don't forget Gustafsson, he just put up the quietest 60 point season I can remember for a defencemen.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
They can take byram though and trade a boqvist though let’s say if they believe byram is much better than those guys and I think he is

I’d be targeting Carlsson from them who is probably way down the pipeline and expendable , liked him that draft and he’s still young enough and shouldn’t cost too much, maybe a mid draft pick or maybe send them delarose since he’s essily replaceable it would seem like a fair one for one

Lucas Carlsson (b.1997) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
I don't think Byram can help for at least 2 seasons. I just think they have done a good job with the pipeline already going into this draft. So I don't think it is a foregone conclusion they will go Byram, although I can see the appeal.

The #3 pick is an incredibly tough spot to be in with this draft. There are a lot of expectations with that pick, and I don't know who the right pick is in that slot this year.

I do think Byram goes somewhere in the 3-5 range without a doubt. Personally expecting it to be LA.
I think it's about 50/50 Chicago takes him, I'm starting to lean towards them taking Turcotte now. I think COL takes a centre as well. I can't imagine SY not phoning LA to at least ask if they're willing to move back 1 spot. If not, we save assets in a trade and draft the BPA.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think it's about 50/50 Chicago takes him, I'm starting to lean towards them taking Turcotte now. I think COL takes a centre as well. I can't imagine SY not phoning LA to at least ask if they're willing to move back 1 spot. If not, we save assets in a trade and draft the BPA.

#3 is wide open, can’t act like I know what they’re going to do.

I could see them taking Cozens or Podkolzin just as well. Have also heard a few teams are super high on Zegras. Maybe they are one of those teams.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
#3 is wide open, can’t act like I know what they’re going to do.

I could see them taking Cozens or Podkolzin just as well. Have also heard a few teams are super high on Zegras. Maybe they are one of those teams.
Maybe we are one of those teams. Maybe Detroit has Zegras at #4 on their list and they surprise us all. You're right, this draft is wide open after #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad