50th: Drew Commesso
60th: Jack Finley
63rd: Theodor Niederbach
67th: Alexander Nikishin
112th: Maximilian Glotzl
125th: Dylan Garand
156th: Nick Malik
187th: Ben Meehan(auto)

Don't like the auto as I usually am very up on checking in. The Corona thing at work...ugh.

Anyway, feedback?

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Finished a mock draft yesterday:

4th: Jamie Drysdale
32nd: Luke Evangelista

Don't like the auto as I usually am very up on checking in. The Corona thing at work...ugh.

Anyway, feedback?

I like Drysadale, Nikishin, Finley, and Malik. I think depending on the board Evangelista was a reach and the same for Commesso. I'm not big on Niederbach either and he has some red flags for me, but that's probably in the range he'd go in. Glotzl is also a fine pick, just not sure he's someone I'd target that earlier.

Overall, I think I'd give it a B. I wouldn't hate it, but there were a few players that I think went a little too early. Without knowing the draft board it's hard to say for sure. I like that you went with skilled players and tried to mix in some size too.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I like Drysadale, Nikishin, Finley, and Malik. I think depending on the board Evangelista was a reach and the same for Commesso. I'm not big on Niederbach either and he has some red flags for me, but that's probably in the range he'd go in. Glotzl is also a fine pick, just not sure he's someone I'd target that earlier.

Overall, I think I'd give it a B. I wouldn't hate it, but there were a few players that I think went a little too early. Without knowing the draft board it's hard to say for sure. I like that you went with skilled players and tried to mix in some size too.

Tribal Phoenix 2020 NHL Mock Draft - DRAFT THREAD

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Finished a mock draft yesterday:

4th: Jamie Drysdale
32nd: Luke Evangelista

Anyway, feedback?

I like Evangelista but would not have taken him before the third round. I would not have taken Commesso in the second and I would not have drafted three goalies. That is straight nuts. Finley, Niederbach and Nikishin are all solid picks though.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I like Evangelista but would not have taken him before the third round. I would not have taken Commesso in the second and I would not have drafted three goalies. That is straight nuts. Finley, Niederbach and Nikishin are all solid picks though.

The way the board was falling, I tried to take goaltenders higher than they might have gone. Figured more shots at one of developing into a #1.

Also went for right shots on offense.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The way the board was falling, I tried to take goaltenders higher than they might have gone. Figured more shots at one of developing into a #1.

Also went for right shots on offense.

I think you do need to take at least one goalie every draft class, but all things in moderation. The second round is too high for me too considering the opportunity costs (i.e. you are more likely to find a good goalie later in the draft than you are a good forward or defensemen). I have not issues with your other guys.

Reactions: lilidk

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Victor Brattström signed a 1 year deal with KooKoo in Finland. They were probably the biggest surprise of 2019-20, finishing 5th despite never making the Liiga playoffs since being promoted 5 years ago. Their other goalie is a young kid with very little Liiga experience so Brattström should be the clear #1 assuming he performs as expected.

Link in Finnish: Viisi uutta pelaajaa!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Victor Brattström signed a 1 year deal with KooKoo in Finland. They were probably the biggest surprise of 2019-20, finishing 5th despite never making the Liiga playoffs since being promoted 5 years ago. Their other goalie is a young kid with very little Liiga experience so Brattström should be the clear #1 assuming he performs as expected.

Link in Finnish: [LINK]https://kookoo.fi/fi-fi/article/uutinen/viisi-uutta-pelaajaa/1986/[/LINK]

At least they have good goaltending coach (Finnish National team guy).

And always nice to see, that team showing some promising smartness on their building plans, sees some potential in our guy.

KooKoo goalie-coach Lehtonen has coached Antti Raanta and Juuse Saros in the past. Kind of the only younger generation Finns who have made in NHL. Also had some work with Kaapo Kähkönen, who is the next promising kid and WJC 2016 Championship goalie. Saros was 2014 WJC Championship goalie.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
At least they have good goaltending coach (Finnish National team guy). He has coached Antti Raanta and Juuse Saros in the past.

And always nice to see, that team showing some promising smartness on their building plans, sees some potential in our guy.

This guy is a high floor, low ceiling goalie. He should play 1 season in Liiga and then try his luck in the AHL. Who knows if this works out. I hated this pick because I thought Vehvilainen was a better player and Gravel had a higher ceiling. So far Vehvilainen is doing decent in the AHL while Brattstrom did okay in the Allsvenskan.

Who am I kidding, it is a 6th round pick, the chances someone from that round makes it to the NHL is low. No need to get pissed out it :)

Last edited:

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Griffins announce they're signing Max Humitz (F, Lake Superior State) and Tory Dello (D, Notre Dame) to one-year contracts for next season. Dello actually played a game on an ATO for GR already.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The CHL is officially done... onto Next Season

It's especially bad for McIsaac who was on a stacked Moncton Wildcats team. At least it will give him time to recover from his surgery and be in top shape for camp - when ever that is.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
It's especially bad for McIsaac who was on a stacked Moncton Wildcats team. At least it will give him time to recover from his surgery and be in top shape for camp - when ever that is.

More like it is bad for Moncton for going all in for the playoffs and the team that traded a lot of their first round picks to host the memorial cup next year.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
More like it is bad for Moncton for going all in for the playoffs and the team that traded a lot of their first round picks to host the memorial cup next year.

That too, but it's secondary - I'm biased towards the Red Wing pick McIsaac :laugh:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
-Hopefully this gives McIsaac and Berggren time to completely heal from their injuries.
-Hopefully some of the smaller guys like Mastrosimone and Phillips can capitalize on extra time in the gym and grab a bigger role with BU next year.
-Hopefully Zadina can use this time to add a step in his skating and get a bit stronger on the puck.

Reactions: lilidk

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
There's a rumour that Alexander Kadeykin is coming to North America after a half-decent season in the KHL (11G, 18A in 59 games). Drafted in 2014, I wonder if Detroit still has his rights?

EDIT :

Here's the link . It says he plans to sign his rookie contract with Detroit. Not sure how reliable the site is.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
There's a rumour that Alexander Kadeykin is coming to North America after a half-decent season in the KHL (11G, 18A in 59 games). Drafted in 2014, I wonder if Detroit still has his rights?

EDIT :

Here's the link . It says he plans to sign his rookie contract with Detroit. Not sure how reliable the site is.

Eliteprospects is saying that we still own his rights. Probably a high floor low ceiling guy. 4th liner maybe?

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
Any news from Kivenmaki?

There was an interview in the local paper today from him saying he's feeling well, has started light training, and that the injury wasn't as bad as it first may have seemed. Plans to
play hockey in the upcoming season, doesn't hold a grudge against the hitter, said he apologized immediately after the hit and that they've talked it through later.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
There was an interview in the local paper today from him saying he's feeling well, has started light training, and that the injury wasn't as bad as it first may have seemed. Plans to
play hockey in the upcoming season, doesn't hold a grudge against the hitter, said he apologized immediately after the hit and that they've talked it through later.

Hope he recovers, such an exciting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln