Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'll take an Esa Lindell any day. Hope he matches that level and then some.

Lindell has turned to be a great defensive player, when though he was great point-producer at Europe at younger age. Very interesting career.

I would say Lindell is TOP3 defensive defenceman in NHL at the momemt. And one thing is his puck skills to get easy zone exit repeatedly.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Those numbers were Lindell in his draft year, and as Henkka mentioned he was considered pretty much all-offense and very little defense back then. I remember watching him when he was still with Jokerit and thinking he better work on his defense because he was pretty lost in his own end. When he moved to Ässät his game really took off.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Soderblom, Berglund and Grewe each a Goal and an Assist this morning in their U20 Game.

Also looks like Grewe had a Boarding Major & Game Misconduct toward the end of their blowout win too... 111 PIM in 22 U20 Games lol

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Grewe needs to come over. He's wasting his time playing his type of game in Sweden. They need to get him working with a NA coach who can help him find the line between physical, chippy play and just doing stupid crap.

Yeah I've seen some of the hits he gets these big penalties for and theyre not not necessarily penalties in North America. No sense playing his type of game in Sweden really, theyre going to try to neuter him

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Is that what constitutes as boarding in Sweden? I see that exact play happen a lot in the NHL and no calls. It might be better if he leaves the SHL to come play in Grand Rapids ASAP.

That was a really dumb and dangerous hit, regardless of what continent you make it on.

From a lot of what I’ve read, Grewe seems pretty incapable of controlling himself this season. I hope he can figure it out and find a scoring touch.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Is that what constitutes as boarding in Sweden? I see that exact play happen a lot in the NHL and no calls. It might be better if he leaves the SHL to come play in Grand Rapids ASAP.

ugh, I don't know. Not a great camera on it, but it looks like Grewe has a forearm in the guy's back and drives him into the boards. I don't think he gets a match penalty in the NHL, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got sent to the box over it. Especially if he has a bit of a reputation following him.

I agree with pretty much everyone else that maybe he just needs to come to NA next year. His game isn't something that coexists that well with euro leagues.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
That was a really dumb and dangerous hit, regardless of what continent you make it on.

From a lot of what I’ve read, Grewe seems pretty incapable of controlling himself this season. I hope he can figure it out and find a scoring touch.
Definitely. There's a big difference between good and bad aggressiveness, unfortunately Grewe mostly belongs to the latter. 9-3 lead with a minute left in the game and you do that? It's actually quite worrying to be honest, especially since he does this stuff regularly.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Definitely. There's a big difference between good and bad aggressiveness, unfortunately Grewe mostly belongs to the latter. 9-3 lead with a minute left in the game and you do that? It's actually quite worrying to be honest, especially since he does this stuff regularly.
Not condoning it, but sometimes you just can’t switch off your on ice personality/play style. 9-3 or 2-1 if you’re a killer you’re a killer. Easing up and playing a way you’re unfamiliar with could get YOU hurt.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Not condoning it, but sometimes you just can’t switch off your on ice personality/play style. 9-3 or 2-1 if you’re a killer you’re a killer. Easing up and playing a way you’re unfamiliar with could get YOU hurt.

Thats just some poor hockey IQ

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Thats just some poor hockey IQ
Whatever, it’s taught at a young age, in all contact sports, not to ease up. That’s how you get injured. You better believe that team getting smacked on the score board is looking for a spot to nail you. Got nothing to do with IQ.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Not to mention in a 9-3 game, maybe hes sending a message to someone who did something stupid earlier in the game or that was chirping like crazy all game. 9-3 and he took his number hwen he knows it wont hurt his team. Way too hard to tell anything from that ridiculously far away clip though.

He might need to come to NA and have some people stick up for themselves so that he gets straightened out a bit. Throw that hit late in a 9-3 game in the AHL and someones jumping in unlike Sweden. Getting punched in the face a few times might help him figure out what he can and cant get away with. People on this board thought Smith took too many penalties to be an NHLer now and a few years later he toes that line perfectly

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Not to mention in a 9-3 game, maybe hes sending a message to someone who did something stupid earlier in the game or that was chirping like crazy all game. 9-3 and he took his number hwen he knows it wont hurt his team. Way too hard to tell anything from that ridiculously far away clip though.

He might need to come to NA and have some people stick up for themselves so that he gets straightened out a bit. Throw that hit late in a 9-3 game in the AHL and someones jumping in unlike Sweden. Getting punched in the face a few times might help him figure out what he can and cant get away with. People on this board thought Smith took too many penalties to be an NHLer now and a few years later he toes that line perfectly
I would imagine the self policing that goes on around here could adjusted his aggressiveness a smidge. Or he’s nuts and feeds off that. That’d be cool too.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Whatever, it’s taught at a young age, in all contact sports, not to ease up. That’s how you get injured. You better believe that team getting smacked on the score board is looking for a spot to nail you. Got nothing to do with IQ.

Shows extremely poor judgement and lack of situational awareness, which I would consider part of hockey IQ. Will not gain the trust of any professional league coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad