Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Expansion draft

And? Explain. I'm aware that you were talking about the expansion draft, btw. I'm wondering why you think they "have no choice" but to trade him because of the expansion draft.

In that scenario, you protect Joker, Keith, Seabs, 11/10 times. And you expose Gus, or Murphy. AINEC.

What other direction would they go? None of the kids will be eligible. You have to protect 3 D. You have Murphy, Dahlstrom, Gus, and anyone else they may sign between now and then to expose. So why would they trade Joker when they can protect him?

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And? Explain. I'm aware that you were talking about the expansion draft, btw.
Aren't there two options: 8 skaters or 5 F and 3 D?
I know he's a 4D, but the Hawks don't have anyone like Murphy in their system and I happen to think he's important to keep around. What if Kubalik comes in and lights it up?

I'm assuming that people are ok with Saad being left exposed.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Aren't there two options: 8 skaters or 5 F and 3 D?
I know he's a 4D, but the Hawks don't have anyone like Murphy in their system and I happen to think he's important to keep around. What if Kubalik comes in and lights it up?

You do 5F and 3D. You protect Keith, Seabs, Joker. 11/10 times. You don't trade Joker because you don't want to lose Murphy... Murphy has one season left on his contract at the point of the expansion draft. And you're going to protect him over Joker? Are you high?

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ok I didn't realize Murphy only had 1 season left at that point. Move along.

Sorry to be a dick, but that was just amazing to read. It was impossible to not go:
giphy.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
By no means do I leave Jokiharju exposed, however they have way too many high end D prospects and not enough spots for them anyway.

This is true. But you move one for assets prior to the expansion draft. Or you move one at the expansion draft... maybe to keep Seattle from taking someone the Hawks can't protect. There are lots of directions to go, but just trading Joker, the most NHL ready D, a RHD, and potentially a #3 this season, just because of the expansion draft, would be crazy. You move Mitchell long before you move Joker, IMO. You trade Murphy or Gus before you move Joker. You don't just move on from Joker "for reasons", because that's a decision the Hawks would regret, IMO.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is true. But you move one for assets prior to the expansion draft. Or you move one at the expansion draft... maybe to keep Seattle from taking someone the Hawks can't protect. There are lots of directions to go, but just trading Joker, the most NHL ready D, a RHD, and potentially a #3 this season, just because of the expansion draft, would be crazy. You move Mitchell long before you move Joker, IMO. You trade Murphy or Gus before you move Joker. You don't just move on from Joker "for reasons", because that's a decision the Hawks would regret, IMO.
If they pick Byram, I'd trade Mitchell's rights immediately after I made the pick. Gus has to be a goner. I'd like to keep Murphy but he only has 2 years left so I guess you could take him or leave him.

I'd only trade Jokiharju if the Hawks pick Byram 3rd and Zegras or Cozens are sitting there at #8 and Edmonton is willing to do that deal.

Also, I wonder how big 2 year NMC will be in UFA this year. Almost everyone is going to try and get one.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Jeff Skinner is rumored to be getting 8.5 - 9.5 on an 8 year deal. Pretty nice for someone who has never broke 70 points in their career. Free agency is going to be a shit show.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Jeff Skinner is rumored to be getting 8.5 - 9.5 on an 8 year deal. Pretty nice for someone who has never broke 70 points in their career. Free agency is going to be a **** show.

Ya if those are the kind of $$$$ going to be tossed around just pass all together on FAs and let the kids develop

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
so Buff is going to overpay like crazy to keep him?? Buff is only team that can offer him 8 years...

You would think that would bring the AAV down a little. The most I thought he would get is 8M which is still a little high.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Yup, Bob McKenzie says they are close on an 8yr/72mil deal.
Woah that is crazy money for Skinner. I get that he scores a lot of goals, but he was playing with Eichel and based on Skinner's historical production Buffalo is going to regret that deal in a few years.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
As far as the expansion draft goes I think if Seabrook doesn't get traded before then AND refuses to waive AND there's no compliance buyout, the Hawks do a regular buyout on him so they don't have to protect him. At that point we'll have an ugly amount of dead money for the next 3 years but it's better than having to trade or lose a better player to keep a bottom pair defenseman who will just block a young guy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why exactly should we expect Stanley to buyout or attempt to trade Seabrook down the line?

Stanley gave him that contract and loves him

Seabrook isn't going anywhere anytime soon

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why exactly should we expect Stanley to buyout or attempt to trade Seabrook down the line?

Stanley gave him that contract and loves him

Seabrook isn't going anywhere anytime soon

It comes down to Colliton. Is he going to play younger/better defenders over Seabrook or is he going to keep Seabrook in the lineup so the organization doesn’t look bad?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
if we bought him out he would lose 10.5 mil so I assume that if we told him if he does not agree to waive we will buy him out he would waive

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Perlini
Saad - Haula - Tanev
Caggiula - Kampf - Sikura
Hayden

Jokiharju - Keith
Byram - Murphy
Koekkoek - Seabrook
Dahlstrom

*Select Byram with 2019 no. 3 pick;
*Trade Gus and Kahun to Montreal for 2019 no. 15 pick;
*Pick best center available at no. 15;
*Trade Forsling and 2019 2nd round pick to Vegas for Haula;
*Move Anisimov for best deal Hawks can swing;
*If Montreal doesn’t bite on trade make same offer to LA for 22nd pick overall;
*Perlini will be on a very short leash, and best performing prospect called up from Rockford if he pulls a disappearing act;
*d subject to change depending on camp and whether Byram is ready;
*Thanks to AD, BWC and others for some of the ideas reflected here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad