2018 World Junior Championship Thread

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I get why Anderson did what he did, and I don't think that should be held against him.

That said, would I do that? Or would I want my kid doing that? No.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Canada was out shot 36- 27 despite being short handed for 10 mins extra. Make no mistake, Sweden played a better game. Full marks to Hart who was great. He wasn't the only only reason Canada won, but he was huge.

While Sweden held the overall possession/shots edge it felt to me like Canada had the more dangerous plays... probably helped a lot by the extra powerplays. Either way, Sweden's elite players were kept in check and while Hart was busy maybe he just made it look easy but it felt like there were 35 routine saves to be made.

I'm trying to remember who specifically had the missed open empty nets/posts on either side, but considering Canada had one good goal called back already I think they had the edge here?

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not bothered by Andersson's actions. I have suffered some pretty tough losses (nothing close to this) and know that in that situation I have and would never throw a medal like that, but I understand why he did. I think if he felt that strongly, he should have done that privately, but he was full of emotion and was not in control of those emotions.

People forget that these are kids and we are judging them like adults. Watching those Swede teenage faces after their loss is heartbreaking and should bring fans down to Earth with regards to what they are watching.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
While Sweden held the overall possession/shots edge it felt to me like Canada had the more dangerous plays... probably helped a lot by the extra powerplays. Either way, Sweden's elite players were kept in check and while Hart was busy maybe he just made it look easy but it felt like there were 35 routine saves to be made.

I'm trying to remember who specifically had the missed open empty nets/posts on either side, but considering Canada had one good goal called back already I think they had the edge here?

I think Sweden didn't make the most of what they had, they definitely hit Hart in the crest a few times, but even between periods bobby mac showed the huge edge Sweden had in high danger shots. I really think the PP's made the game seem closer than it was. This isn't to say players didn't play well for Canada. I just Think Sweden was the better team that got well unlucky.

I thought the whistle was reasonable. The goalie was hit pretty hard on that play to let the rebound out. It's the type of think we see all the time. glad it didn't impact anything, but those whistles happen so often.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
GIVE ME PASSION AND PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE TO WIN ATTITUDES.

but also please be extremely stoic 18 year olds and say the right things and show no emotion and give a rousing monotone interview like a good kid from north battleford saskatchewan.

Maybe, just maybe there is something in the middle that is neither "what fire, please name him captain of team world" nor "he is disgracjng the game with his classlessness."

I know, I know, all that exists anymore are the most extreme positions possible. Something in between, haha I must be losing it.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
I know these are young kids, but that was one of the worst displays of sportsmanship I have ever seen. We are talking Milan Lucic-level immaturity here.

Legitimately curious: how do you feel about players not touching the Prince of Wales/Campbell Trophies?

Reactions: timw33

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
dumb but understandable move for a kid.

the biggest problem is that every marchand he plays will remind him of it forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad