2018 World Junior Championship Thread

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I figured we could do with an all-purpose WJC thread given that 6 Canucks prospects were added to their respective' countries preliminary rosters today. For quick reference, they are;

CANADA:
Kole Lind
Jonah Gadjovich
Michael DiPietro

USA:
William Lockwood

SWEDEN:
Elias Pettersson

FINLAND:
Olli Juolevi

WJCs are always fun to watch, but with this much potential Canuck content, it could be an even bigger treat than usual!

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Hope Gadjovich makes the team, love to see him in action. How far is Lind from competing for a spot on the big team?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hopefully we get some top 100 picks at the deadline and have a bunch if prospects for the tournament in Vancouver next year.

Only dipietro is eligible.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Too bad Lind had mono in november. Hes now a longshot to crack this team
I get the opposite feeling. They could've chosen to not invite him like they did to other players that have missed time due to injury/health concerns. I think somebody involved with hockey Canada is a fan of his and that he will be given a decent chance to make the team.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Lockwood is unlikely to make team USA.

Gadjovich somewhat more likely.

Lind is a possibility but he's coming off mono and Canada has some good wing depth.

Juolevi, Pettersson, and Dipietro all seem to be locks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
[QUOTE="cookiefest, post: 138902327, member: 276845"]Lockwood is unlikely to make team USA.

Lind is a possibility but he's coming off mono and Canada has some good wing depth.

Juolevi, Pettersson, and Dipietro all seem to be locks.[/QUOTE]

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
[QUOTE="cookiefest, post: 138902327, member: 276845"]Lockwood is unlikely to make team USA.

.[/QUOTE]

Really?....Been reading the Lockwood has the speed and physicality the Americans love on their third and fourth lines....I think he might have a good shot at it.

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
I cant Wait for the World Juniors so much of our kids to watch and all the potential first rounders will be playing it's so exciting.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I watched parts of the game yesterday. Lind and Gadjovich looked good. Both played on the second power play with Lind on the point distributing the puck. Both hit the post too.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lockwood is unlikely to make team USA.

Lockwood is in most peoples lineups. Unless he has a terrible camp I see no reason why he shouldn't be on the team.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Lockwood is in most peoples lineups. Unless he has a terrible camp I see no reason why he shouldn't be on the team.
yeah the states usually favor energy guys like Lockwood over maybe slightly more talented player for those depth roles. Makes sense to take a guy who can provide energy and kill penalties in a tournament with wild swings and a lot of crappy penalty calls.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
First round of Team Canada cuts are tonight.
If Lind had not contracted mono, he would have been a lock on this team. He needs a good game tonight to stick around.
I think Canada will keep Gadjovich or Comtois on the final team, but not both. Jonah is a better player...but his foot speed is suspect. Would like to see Gadjovich outplay Comtois tonight.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Team Canada cut Glass.

WTF are they doing over there? Rassmussen/Tippett/Glass all not invited/cut

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He made some bad mistakes in the offensive zone in these games and although he was great on transition his line was just ineffective. Not surprised. Gadjovich looked good and can play a role for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad