GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 28 • SF2: CAN (7) - CZE (2) F

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Canada better figure out what to do about the Czechs locking down the neutral zone fast.....d to d passes at our blueline at a complete stop is not going to win you a game

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I said it previously but I don't think I have ever seen a team make so many stupid/bad passes in my life. Everyone tries to pass it through 2-3 opposition guys.

I don't get why they seem to want to give the puck away so much.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Why does Canada continue to select dumb hockey players

It’s not just that their dumb but they can’t control their emotions either. I feel this is because off the ice their told to be pretty boring and have little to no personality. When you repress that, it will burst out somewhere and that typically happens on the ice.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Damn, this game was so exciting at the start. Now one nice individual play, and the Czechs are going full-on with the trap, not even bringing one guy past the red line. What do they think, they’re gonna shut us out and win by one?

They will bury themselves with this strategy

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Damn, this game was so exciting at the start. Now one nice individual play, and the Czechs are going full-on with the trap, not even bringing one guy past the red line. What do they think, they’re gonna shut us out and win by one?

They did it in the 90's at the Oly's...

Why not again... ?

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Looks like another average crowd. I really hate what this tournament has become. This tourney has to be held at junior cities across Canada. That is where the true junior fans are.

I also feel it has just become stale here in Canada. Ticket prices so high and held in the same spots so often. Put the tourney in Europe more as well. The sport is growing over there. I went to the Malmo tournament and was surpried how much Swedes love hockey. I knew it was quite a bit but being there really showed me. You know the Canada games will be near sold out there, and the European countries will get a better draw

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Zadina is one hell of a player, but it seems like people are not talking enough about Necas. He's been one of the tournament's best players, doing all the right things (except the premature celly lol)

I think its more about the whole Czech team being surprisingly good this year. (or not underperforming like the previous decade?)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Still from the ~85-95 born there were always one or a few superstars with tons of funy hype around. A lot of this tournament is watching young superstars.... this team might win it all anyway but it's not as fun to watch

Why isn't as fun to watch? this Canadian team has still managed to win its group and sport a very impressive goal differential just as they do when they have teams full of "superstars". Nobody really referred to Mark Scheifele as a superstar player in the 2012 World Juniors but look at him now, one of Canada's better centres moving forward.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Looks like another average crowd. I really hate what this tournament has become. This tourney has to be held at junior cities across Canada. That is where the true junior fans are.

I also feel it has just become stale here in Canada. Ticket prices so high and held in the same spots so often. Put the tourney in Europe more as well. The sport is growing over there. I went to the Malmo tournament and was surpried how much Swedes love hockey. I knew it was quite a bit but being there really showed me. You know the Canada games will be near sold out there, and the European countries will get a better draw

Not to mention the weather in Buffalo this time of year is brutal so it’s just bizzare why they chose to hold it there. (No offence to Buffalo of course, they can’t control the weather).

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Just looked at the rankings, Canada barely has players ranked in the top10... just an odd weak year or is this a new trend, canada doesn't produce as good talent as they used to?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just looked at the rankings, Canada barely has players ranked in the top10... just an odd weak year or is this a new trend, canada doesn't produce as good talent as they used to?

I think there is excellent talent... just not generational...

Future Gretzky's playing Call of Duty instead.... ?

I wonder...

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Zadina is really good. But guys, Nečas is our MVP of the tournament for sure. He is f***ing great. Carolina has gem in him.

By the way, Filip Pesan, our head coach, has very good potential. He was in NYR at training camp. Probably, he was first coach in Czech republic who used advanced stats and then he won Czech league with Liberec with absolutely domination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad