11 Filip Kral

30 Josef Korenar
1 Jakub Skarek
2 Milan Kloucek

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Though the Czechs have a number of dangerous offensive weapons, I just don't see them with the overall game to take out Canada. The biggest difference between these two teams is how they play in their own end. To me the separation is a chasm. The Czechs are definitely going to have to tighten up their coverage and that's going to be a big challenge. I hope they've been watching how the Slovaks have done a masterful job of it in recent games. Canada is so tidy and moves that puck out of the zone with a couple of quick passes, straight on to the transition. As for goaltending, Korenar is coming in hot, so they'll probably be okay in this area. Carter Hart has been unflappable in this tourney, and I don't think he's going to get into panic mode like some other Canadian goalies of recent vintage, unless things REALLY start to go bad. I think Canada comes out of the gate firing in this one and the Czechs will need to weather the early storm. If they can do that, they have a reasonable chance. If not, this one could get away from them.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I think the Czechs will work hard but ultimately it will be a comfortable ein for Canada. I very much hope to be proven wrong but I think Canada is one step too far. Even so, I have been positively surprised by the Czech team’s performance at this tournament. A few exciting prospects in that team for the future.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I think the Czechs will work hard but ultimately it will be a comfortable ein for Canada. I very much hope to be proven wrong but I think Canada is one step too far. Even so, I have been positively surprised by the Czech team’s performance at this tournament. A few exciting prospects in that team for the future.

Agree. It might be not exactly easy for Canada, but they probably will take it. The Czech team has to fight and hope. However, I am satisfied with the Czech team's performance at this tournament. They beat Russia and Finland, played decent game against Sweden, outplayed and beat Switzerland rather convincingly. The only game which was really bad was against Belarus, but even there they managed to win at the end. I observe a gradual improvement here during some last 5 years. It may take some more years to get back on the level of, say, Swedes, but I believe we can achieve that.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Only way I see Canada losing is by taking dumb penalties.

5 on 5 there is no way the Czechs can hang with Canada.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If it's a one goal game going into the third I actually like the Czechs chances, they have shown they have the players to make you pay with just a few opportunities.

Hang in there, keep it close and bang a couple in or take it to a shootout............ Hart is no world beater.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm going with 5-2 Canada. I think the Czechs will score first and hold it tight for the 1st, then Canada will break out and win with ease.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Wasn't what some people thought in the FIN-CZE thread

Meh. Depends on the situation I guess. If I'm watching Team Canada I would much rather a close game win or lose because Canada wins often. I guess if I'm watching a game 7 for St. Louis I would rather the blowout because it's easier. Then again, I much preferred watching game 7 against Chicago than I did game 7 against Dallas even if it was a lot harder to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad