GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 28 • SF2: CAN (7) - CZE (2) F

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wish I could stay up for this game, almost hoping the Czechs don't pull off a huge upset so I'm not mad about missing it...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The exhibition game previously between Canada vs Czech Republic was a mirage...

5 of their top players rested and the rest of the players jet lagged, that was the Czech team then...

Now... determined... ready...

Should be a good game...

:popcorn:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
CAN have not been impressive, a very meh team. Hoping for and smelling an upset.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
CAN have not been impressive, a very meh team. Hoping for and smelling an upset.

I don't really get this. How has Canada not been impressive this tournament easily winning their group and QF game?

But even if they haven't been impressive they sure as hell have been a lot more impressive than the Czechs.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Czech coach switching the forwards a little bit, Chytil playing with Kurovský and Pavlík (perhaps a special defensive line), Reichel moves to Zachar and Kaut. Also, Král will be the 7th D-man and Hrdinka plays with Galvas.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm expecting an easy win.

But I was wrong about USA-Sweden so shows what I know

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I don't really get this. How has Canada not been impressive this tournament easily winning their group and QF game?

But even if they haven't been impressive they sure as hell have been a lot more impressive than the Czechs.

There isn't a McDavid or true standout which translates to a real team and depth based game. Casual viewers might see this as boring and not as dominant as a guy running up the score on a nightly basis.

Reactions: John Agar

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Jake Bean has never done one impressive thing while playing for Canada, it seems. I don't know how he plays in CHL or what Carolina saw in him. Reminds me of Ryan Murphy from 2013 team.

Don't get why he isn't the clear #7 D. Cale Makar has been so, so much better. Play Makar with Foote on 3rd pair.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada's assistant coach pretty non committal on the Makar ice time question there.....

Makar has been poorly utilized inspite of the Corsi and score sheet metrics...

Not sure how pairing him with McBain optimizes Canada's position...

If I was the Canadian HC I would pair him with say, Foote or Mete and then we would see Makar's potential because Foote is stay at home by default and Mete is experienced also demonstrating competence in risk reward in this tournament...

Then I would make whoever Makar is paired with... make them the 2nd pair...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Jake Bean has had a pretty solid bounce back tournament opposed to what most people seem to think. It's pretty amusing to see how much people seem to want to lay it on the kid though because he was bad last year. I said this in another GDT....Can anyone actually point out a mistake he has made or are you just mad he is on the team.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Jake Bean has had a pretty solid bounce back tournament opposed to what most people seem to think. It's pretty amusing to see how much people seem to want to lay it on the kid though because he was bad last year. I said this in another GDT....Can anyone actually point out a mistake he has made or are you just mad he is on the team.
My issue is he's getting more ice than Makar yet this tournament Makar has done EVERYTHING Bean has and more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad