GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 24 • QF3: SWE (3) - SVK (2) F

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I was busy with paperwork and couldn't focus on the game but Lias Anderson did not play, am I correct? Swedens first line looked awful from what I saw.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I was busy with paperwork and couldn't focus on the game but Lias Anderson did not play, am I correct? Swedens first line looked awful from what I saw.
He played just over 7 minutes in the first, less than 5 minutes in the second, and played a single shift in the third.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
But it seemed to work. We played better without them. It is coaches decision. I would not hold that against him. But goalie should be pulled last 2 min.
Post hoc propter ergo hoc. The last two periods were incredibly physical, and because Slovakia had the size advantage and were just balling out energy-wise they did look much better. See an improvement in skill and cohesiveness, particularly on special teams, you did not.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
He played just over 7 minutes in the first, less than 5 minutes in the second, and played a single shift in the third.
That injury must have gotten worse. Hope he's back to normal in the semis. He's the motor and heart of that team. Without him that first line looks completely lost. The first period Sweden looked fine. It's no coincidence that they looked awful as the game progressed and Lias saw less ice time.

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Kelemen and Smolka played much better than ruzicka who has been lackluster last 2 wjc. He floats way too much on the ice and seems to forget he is 6’4, not surprising. Roman looked much better than many Swedish forwards who were drafted in early rounds. Bodak played good, but our other dman do not have any idea how to shoot the puck.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Sweden have not been very impressive thus far. A few good periods but other than that they have been very meh

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Lias

Lias to me should not have tried to play, I think he hurt the team more then anything trying to play today, he is relied on to work down low along the boards and was not willing to engage in that part of the ice today today due to his injury.

Sometimes you can hurt your team if your not right.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Props to Slovakia, they beat the Usa and pushed Sweden to the end! Good for Swedens stars to have a day off and still winning. They will step up against the Usa and i think they will win!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How is he not? Everytime we have him every news paper and expert going crazy... like we are going to win gold every time we got him in the team... Just like Zlatan in Football and see without Zlatan in football we took out Netherland and Italy.
Wasn't he your best player this year when Sweden won the World Championships?

Last edited:
Reactions: Casanova

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Lias

Lias to me should not have tried to play, I think he hurt the team more then anything trying to play today, he is relied on to work down low along the boards and was not willing to engage in that part of the ice today today due to his injury.

Sometimes you can hurt your team if your not right.

I agree, it was the wrong decision to play Lias. Even if you argue he was better than replacement level tonight (he wasn't), he hurt his chances for next game. I don't see him being close to 100% next game since he clearly aggravated something tonight. If he hadn't tried to play, he could have been 100% healthy for Thursday with a four day break (or at least over 90%).

In the end, Lias is just a dumb 18yo kid. This is on the Team's doctors for allowing him to play, and against a weaker opponent no less. That decision may possibly have cost Sweden the gold before the SFs even began.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Kelemen and Smolka played much better than ruzicka who has been lackluster last 2 wjc. He floats way too much on the ice and seems to forget he is 6’4, not surprising. Roman looked much better than many Swedish forwards who were drafted in early rounds. Bodak played good, but our other dman do not have any idea how to shoot the puck.

Kelemen had a good tourney, Smolka is useless IMO. Ruzicka has been underperforming heavily but still, it's the worst decision from Bokros I have ever seen to bench him for the whole 3rd period.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Good fame by Slovaks. Real impressed

They having problem keeping the scores correct.
The other day Nylander didnt get assist points and Dahlin did not get the clear assist point on swedes second goal. Its amazing bcause its clear assists.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad