9 David Matejovic - 27 Samuel Fereta

30 Roman Durny
1 David Hrenak
2 Jakub Kostelny

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hope Slovakia wins and Finland wins vs USA tomorrow. That's the best possibility for a Canadian fan because that'll end up in a SWE/USA Quarter match-up.

So, Go Slovaks!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure Slovakia can pull off a minor miracle two games in a row, but there's always a chance. My feeling on the matter is that Finland is ready to break out this game and score some goals. Tolvanen's first couple of games are quite reminiscent of Puljujarvi's double underage year when he led the entire tournament in shots but didn't find net once. It's got to be frustrating. Hopefully the dam bursts today.

Last edited:

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
I would have guessed they give this game to the backup but I guess this is a must-win.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I would have guessed they give this game to the backup but I guess this is a must-win.
Winning this will likely make things easier going forward, but it's not a total must-win. In essence we're already in the quarters. Even if this one's a loss, only scenario that could make Finland end up in relegation is Canada not beating Denmark in regulation.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Would be nice to steal some points from Finland, but most important is that our guys play like they did against US and not like against Canada.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Should be easy win for Finland, really. As such, how this match goes will be very telling of Finland's chances. If they manage to lose, it's a repeat of last season.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Huge respect to Slovakia for beating USA, but Finland will be prepared, and will not underestimate SVK.
Fin wins 5-2

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If we wanna win this game we have to score in powerplays also and not only 5vs5.
This won't be easy game Slovakia is able causing to troubles for us if we play as sloppy like we did in Canada and Denmark games.

Keys to win
Good goatending
No idiotic or stupid penalties.
Score on the powerplay.
Shoot to score.
1st line needs to step up NOW not next games.

Actually whole team needs to start to play now.
It's not enough only 4th line plays and other lines are looking what's going on.

Especially Tolvanen, Heponiemi,Vesalainen, Kuokkanen, Ikonen etc has lots to prove.
So those guys needs to step up now if we wanna win something great in medal round games.

Last edited:

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Finland is the favourite, but we can't be too confident. Slovakia has agood team here. Hopefully we see good, fast hockey and the Finnish team gets some chemistry going.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Finland is the favorite, but Slovakia is capable of stealing points again. It's all about confidence. Will we see the Slovakia that faced Canada, or the one that faced USA?

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Finland will underestimate us like USA and there you go.
Finland can't afford to underestimate Slovakia. There were many reasons the US was looking past that game, but Finland has struggled too much to take this for granted. I think they come out hungry in this one.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Referees usually favour Finland against Slovakia so they can get some help there too.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
FIN lineup.

Luukkonen (Lehtinen)

Heiskanen - Välimäki
Juolevi - Jokiharju
Vaakanainen - Salo
Kotkansalo

Vesalainen - Kuokkanen - Tolvanen
Heponiemi - Ikonen - Koivula
Innanen - Räsänen - Tuulola
Jääskä - Koppanen - Nurmi
Kupari

In other words, no surprises.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Should be easy win for Finland, really. As such, how this match goes will be very telling of Finland's chances. If they manage to lose, it's a repeat of last season.

I'm not so sure. I hope Finland wins but Slovakia won against USA. I think they are not to underestimate.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
You guys will love Tuulola, although I'd have liked it better if he replaced Innala instead of Kupari.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Vesalainen has done f*** all so far. Kupari has looked good and I'd put him in the first line instead. The goalie has looked like a copy of Antti Niemi. I know nothing about the backup but he can't be worse than Luukkonen.

I'd prefer Slovakia in the QF for Sweden instead of Finland.

I predict a close game, and if Slovakia wins, it's because of yet another weak game from the Finnish goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad