GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 12 • Group A: CAN (3) - USA (4) F/SO

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Both of these teams should have had at least a one day rest if they were playing outside. Insane to me the IIHF made USA play the day before and required they practice for the outdoor game the day before the Slovakia game.
You know that the IIHF has a rule in place that a team cannot play two games before a 24 hour period. You know that the Americans agreed to bend this rule for this game. You know that the host country heavily influences the schedule. Quit blaming the IIHF and blame USA Hockey.

Last edited:

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
You know that the IIHF has a rule in place that a team cannot play two games before a 24 hour period. You know that the Americans agreed to bend this rule for this game. You know that the host country heavily influences that schedule. Quit blaming the IIHF and blame USA Hockey.
Hockey Canada would've had to agree to it too I would think? Maybe that was what USA hockey offered when they proposed it. Whatever, as long as it never happens in a playoff game :laugh:

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
U.S came out to play in the 3rd and we refused to match them, we got the deer in the headlight look in our game and stopped competing hard enough to match their compete and started losing all the little battles.

Very frustrating mental game from us in the third, and that is all it was.............mental.
And that's why Canada is extremely dangerous in elimination round cause they don't wanna repeat that...

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Congrats to Canada winning the pool, apparently, that's the big deal now. :laugh: The fact is it's the US that's been the dominant team in recent years and that is a trend that will continue. We are entering a new era where the USA is the top dog and Canada's heyday is long past them.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Congrats to Canada winning the pool, apparently, that's the big deal now. :laugh: The fact is it's the US that's been the dominant team in recent years and that is a trend that will continue. We are entering a new era where the USA is the top dog and Canada's heyday is long past them.
noice

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The USA were the better team and deserved the game. Not surprising, I thought they were equal to or slightly better than us entering the tournament and the loss to Slovakia would be a wakeup call.

From a tournament perspective I think this may have been the best result. Hopefully less people will complain about how such a huge important game was outdoors and it'll have a huge affect on the tournament. Canada getting a point will likely have us lock up the group tomorrow if/when we beat Denmark, while the USA still gets 2. That last point could have a fairly big affect for them as they would probably still finish 4th if they lose to Finland, but it might be completely inconsequential as well so all the people in here who seem to hate everything about outdoor games will have 1 less thing to complain about.

Reactions: Devonator

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Were there huge lineups to enter the stadium? I've read some tweets about people missing part of the game.

There was an issue on the QEW that delayed traffic by upwards of 90 minutes, resulting in people being late to the game.

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017
This sounds a whole lot like a post that says I only watch when the US wins, therefore that’s all I remember and the US always wins.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Very creditable performance by USA to step onto the ice less than 24 hours after their last game and outshoot, outchance and outplay their opponent in conditions which favoured the less skilled Canadians.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Casey Mittelstadt is the class of both teams. The Canadians certainly don't have a forward with Middelstadt's playmaking prowess, polish and grace.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Oh, and I can't stand Coach Dominique Ducharme. He has always come across as an arrogant ahole, and his classless comments about the Swedes last year just confirmed it. None of the other coaches would have said something like that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Were there huge lineups to enter the stadium? I've read some tweets about people missing part of the game.

Heard on the radio there was a major accident on the QE that delayed a lot of our Canadian friends from getting to the game on time. Snow, man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad