GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 12 • Group A: CAN (3) - USA (4) F/SO

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I don't even see the US as the better team at all actually. I feel like this particular game wasn't indicative of anything. So far actually this game aside, Canada looks like the better team, and if I'm to pick a team out of the big 5 that is least likely to get a gold medal I think thats the US right now IMO given everything I've seen in this tournament so far from them and everyone else.

please go on...russia and finland have shown you more?...what about sweeden? after playing belarus and CZK's?...people seem to forget how short of a tourny this is, 1 bad period or a poor goaltender performance and your toast...it could happen to any team.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
What a travesty of a "hockey game". Terrible play, terrible conditions, gawdawful officiating, boooooooring gameplay. As the commentators noted there were millions of $$ worth of players right at the beginning of their careers playing in what can only be described as unsafe conditions (they showed a clip of an area behind the goal where players from both teams were falling down repeatedly). The IIHF should be ashamed of themselves. All this in the pursuit of filthy lucre. Sickening.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
As a Canadian from what I saw the US was clearly the better team. I don't know what happened to them against Slovakia but they rebounded today. I picked them to repeat as gold medalists and still think they will.

The US has better speed, puck control and desire than Canada. That's been evident the last few years at many under 18 and under 20 tournaments. Granted their players have a familiarity with each other because of the USNTDP.

The golden age of Canadian hockey has ended folks.
In 10 years we'll be hearing the chants USA USA a lot more.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well the result wasn't ideal in the game Canada secured 1st place.

I think Canada was clearly the better team and take away the conditions and refs they likely win by 2-3 goals.

This Canadian team isn't on par with past teams but it looks like everyone is down this year so they might be able to pull it out.

Either way the US doesn't look like a threat at all they are garbage (as usual.)

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014

I think Canada was clearly the better team and take away the conditions and refs they likely win by 2-3 goals.

This Canadian team isn't on par with past teams but it looks like everyone is down this year so they might be able to pull it out.

Either way the US doesn't look like a threat at all they are garbage (as usual.)

I rate this post: Sour Grapes.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

As usual? Remind me, how did they do last year?

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Well I didn't have a whole lot of fun watching that but proud of our team, a wins a win. Hopefully none of these injuries turn out to be too serious, we won't have a full roster before too long. Hats off to Canada. Hard fought game, just ugly to watch. With any luck we'll settle this the way it was meant to be settled in the gold medal game ;)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Canada lost to the team that lost to Slovakia. WOW! :whaaa?:

How bad is Canada?

So bad we only beat Slovakia 6-0? I think you're failing at trolling pretty badly here.

But it's a step up from all of your fellow yanks yelling "but*hurt!" every second post, so I salute you for that I guess.
As a Canadian from what I saw the US was clearly the better team. I don't know what happened to them against Slovakia but they rebounded today. I picked them to repeat as gold medalists and still think they will.

The US has better speed, puck control and desire than Canada. That's been evident the last few years at many under 18 and under 20 tournaments. Granted their players have a familiarity with each other because of the USNTDP.

The golden age of Canadian hockey has ended folks.
In 10 years we'll be hearing the chants USA USA a lot more.

Every country goes through lengthy ups and downs. I think you're a trolling American, because no Canadian is dumb enough to believe we've been surpassed as a hockey nation by the U.S.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010

Think this is called “sore loser”

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Canada gave this game away. The discipline issues really need to be worked out going into the knockout rounds. The 2-man advantage was the turning point, otherwise wouldn't have gone to O/T.

As a TV spectator the outdoor nature was a fantastic watch. I don't mind it, a lot of gripes here because people are twisting the situation to fit their narrative. I'm hoping this starts off a tradition for years to come.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Both of these teams should have had at least a one day rest if they were playing outside. Insane to me the IIHF made USA play the day before and required they practice for the outdoor game the day before the Slovakia game.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Think this is called “sore loser”

Not really since we got first anyways so the result of the shootout doesn't mean crap.

I would have said the same thing no matter what the result of the shoot out.

Canada looked a lot better all game long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad