Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
William NylanderMatt MartinDominic Moore2826:25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
William NylanderMatt Martinw/o Dominic Moore367:04
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
William Nylanderw/o Matt MartinDominic Moore296:25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thats 40 min and they have started as a 4th line 4 times(confirmed) Daily Faceoff – Starting Goalies, Line Combinations, Hockey News, Scores, Schedule

10 min a game ev. strenght thats seems correct for a 4th line. Then you must understand that Nylander plays pp and Moore pk so the shifts they make together depends how much pp, pk there are in the game. Your a couple of shifts together to lately 2 games isnt correct.

You said that i dislike the Nylanders which are totally false! Ive always thought willy gonna be a good Nhl player as you forget to mention because you have lurking in my posts!

Yes i think that Leafs fanbase are the most biased one, i also said that a such a big fanbase of course has more biased fans. Its painful to visit the mainboard when Leaf fans make every thread to a Leaf thread. I dont hate the Leafs players or the team im only fed up with biased fans who also invades our Oil board and trolling like after our 2 meetings lately , that happens rarely from other fan bases.

I called you a homer because Willy are a Leafs and you tried to falsely have him a better prospect then a non Leafs player. They both was drafted at 8 but Alex in a tougher draft. So your opinion is not based on facts. I heard and read in sweden that Alex could end up be the better brother because skill wisely its a wash but Alex game style were more suited for Na hockey. Thats also not evidence, the important thing is were they where taken in the draft. But scout misses out a lot too as we can see afterwards but its a non biased verdict at least.

We will wait and see who turns up to be the better player, Willy has coming further for now but Alex can explode anytime if injurys doesnt slow him down. Perhaps it will help if linked to a franchise C (Eichel)and Buffalo as a team has long way to go. Babcock perhaps wants Willy to develop his own game and leading a line him self, a great player make other good, its not only these 4 games hes been away from Matthews and 1st line.

Im done here!
I never said you hate the William Nylander. I said I doubt your objectivity when it comes to the Leafs.

I pointed to opinions based on people who worked in the industry at the time. One from an actual NHL scout and one from one of the most respected scouting services around.

You claimed it was 60/40 in Alex's favor. I said William was viewed as the more dynamic and skilled brother, while Alex was viewed as more pro-ready and less selfish. That was mainly due to spending a year in Sauga.

I really haven't seen anything to support your claim Alex was viewed as better. All you've pointed to is draft position in two completely different drafts. A player going high, all it takes is one GM or scouting staff thinking unconventionally or against the grain. See the Bruins taking Senyshyn or PLD over Puljujarvi. That isn't evidence.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Let's not forget @McClelland started this off saying Willie has played mostly 4th line minutes and has only switched to the 4-5 games shtick after, then accuses the difference of saying he started 2 games on it vs. 4-5 as blind homerism.

Willie was mentioned I believe by Mackenzie as being a top 3 talent, just his father made scouts have a preconceived opinion on him. W was definitely more raw with the higher potential and that's fact, by any source you want to find instead of arguing 8th > 8th in draft overall when there's plenty other reasons to influence final draft position.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Let's not forget @[B]McClelland[/B] started this off saying Willie has played mostly 4th line minutes and has only switched to the 4-5 games shtick after, then accuses the difference of saying he started 2 games on it vs. 4-5 as blind homerism.

Willie was mentioned I believe by Mackenzie as being a top 3 talent, just his father made scouts have a preconceived opinion on him. W was definitely more raw with the higher potential and that's fact, by any source you want to find instead of arguing 8th > 8th in draft overall when there's plenty other reasons to influence final draft position.

You must dreaming or having problem reading!LMAO! The truth is that he started 4 games as a 4th liner because he struggled not a couple of shift to 2 games as your friend has said until proven wrong. You wonder if he can be thrusted on anything!

ALEXANDER NYLANDER

2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #12 by Hockeyprospect.com
- 2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #6 by ISS Hockey
- 2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #8 by Future Considerations
- 2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #6 by McKeen's Hockey
- 2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #3 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
- 2016 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #7 by TSN/McKenzie

WILLIAM NYLANDER
2014 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #5 by ISS Hockey
- 2014 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #4 by Future Considerations
- 2014 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #8 by McKeen's Hockey

Different drafts pick yours!

Elite Prospects - Hockey Players, Stats and Transactions

Dont need to come in with Bs when you cant get nothing right!

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Like William who looked like the real deal in the worlds and last Nhl season, and now he has mostly played 4th line hockey.

You must dreaming or having problem reading!LMAO! The truth is that he started 4 games as a 4th liner because he struggled not a couple of shift to 2 games as your friend has said until proven wrong. You wonder if he can be thrusted on anything!

ALEXANDER NYLANDER

WILLIAM NYLANDER

You need to take your pills since you seem to be forgetting what you've posted. I quoted your "mostly 4th line hockey" post in the first quote above. And most is defined by the greater part, so out of 4 possible lines (the most favourable possible interpretation of the definition for yourself), he would've needed to start 9.5 games on the 4th line for your initial accusation to be true, making it further away from the true 4 games started on 4th line number than the 2 games the blind homer @93LEAFS said. Seems an apology is in order.

And for your list draft lists, A. Nylander averages 7th overall, while Willie averages 5.66 overall. And that's before adjusting the Central Scouting rank from 3 to 6 considering Matthews/Laine/Pulju all weren't ranked in NA skaters, making A. Nylander's average rank 7.5 overall.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself and let WJC fans talk about the WJC.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

ALEXANDER NYLANDER

WILLIAM NYLANDER

Again, actually find supporting quotes. You pulled a 60/40 statement of people preferred Alex to William, and haven't found anything to back up this claim. I've shown you quotes, you keep claiming to have some, but have shown none.

I still see only 3 games where Nylander was primarily played on the 4th line. Which are the 3 games I mentioned.

You can't use rankings across drafts to make broad generalizations. Nylander was also ranked higher than Alex by HockeyProspect.com, but lower by McKenzie's poll.

You also outright called him a 4th line player this year. Then argued down to very specific games. He would be the 3rd highest scorer on your team.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Hedman's raw tools would most likely keep him in the same tier even if he wasn't as good a player at the same age. He's 6'6 with high-end skating and mobility. Some may think there is a clear tier divide between the two when it comes to how their NHL potential was viewed, but I don't think that would be an overwhelming view. Dahlin is the better player at 17 and possesses a very impressive combo of elusiveness, vision and hands. But, due to Hedman's tools people had very high expectations for him. Its similar to how people thought Doughty and Bogosian were at the same level at the draft.
...again, here in Sweden, we dont think that Dahlin and Hedman is at the same level, not even in a ”tools”-perspective. Who are these ”people” that you are refering to? Canadian media that tends to compare every upcoming swedish defensemen witch Lids or Karlsson?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
...again, here in Sweden, we dont think that Dahlin and Hedman is at the same level, not even in a ”tools”-perspective. Who are these ”people” that you are refering to? Canadian media that tends to compare every upcoming swedish defensemen witch Lids or Karlsson?
The scouting community in general. I guess you see them as a clear tier apart.

How far apart do you think they are as prospects? Where do you think Dahlin would rank in the last 10 drafts or so? 2nd? 1st?

I would personally, have Dahlin in that tier with Matthews, Tavares, Stamkos, Hedman, and Eichel. But, behind McDavid. This is just speaking of how they were viewed at the day of their draft.

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The scouting community in general. I guess you see them as a clear tier apart.

How far apart do you think they are as prospects? Where do you think Dahlin would rank in the last 10 drafts or so? 2nd? 1st?

I would personally, have Dahlin in that tier with Matthews, Tavares, Stamkos, Hedman, and Eichel. But, behind McDavid. This is just speaking of how they were viewed at the day of their draft.

I would only draft Mcdavid and Matthews ahead of Dahlin. The rest can follow behind that.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
First of all, Nylander was demoted to 4th line after a rough start, not a couple of shifts! William has looked good lately, but not change the truth,

I like willy as a player, you can see it in other threads at HF, but his pace for goals isnt as expected!

Please find me these 4 or 5 games he started on the 4th line. You are the one clearly altering reality.

Founded already!

You need to take your pills since you seem to be forgetting what you've posted. I quoted your "mostly 4th line hockey" post in the first quote above. And most is defined by the greater part, so out of 4 possible lines (the most favourable possible interpretation of the definition for yourself), he would've needed to start 9.5 games on the 4th line for your initial accusation to be true, making it further away from the true 4 games started on 4th line number than the 2 games the blind homer @93LEAFS said. Seems an apology is in order.

Most recently should it be! S hit happens when you write in another language! Doesnt change the homerism of your friend trying to hide that Nylander ever was demoted. My wrong choice of word was easy to discover and easy to correct, But start with a couple of shifts to admit 3 games of 4 as a Leafs fan isnt a mistake. But keep scratching his back!

And for your list draft lists, A. Nylander averages 7th overall, while Willie averages 5.66 overall. And that's before adjusting the Central Scouting rank from 3 to 6 considering Matthews/Laine/Pulju all weren't ranked in NA skaters, making A. Nylander's average rank 7.5 overall.

First , there were only 3 list on Willys Cv! You must comparing the drafts, its stupid if you dont do that. Both went 8 , Alex in a harder draft.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself and let WJC fans talk about the WJC

It started when your friend compared both brothers in a homerish way! Then he asked for proof about 4-5 games in the 4th line!

But why do you come in here and defend your Leaf friend, hes has been wrong obviously? See a pattern at the mainboard!

Its a Gamethread and involved a player in the game, had it been a alive thread , it had probably been lifted out, but the game was over!

Pity those unbiased Leafs fans whos voice drowns in the screams of blind homerism!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I said he doesn't remind me of his brother in play-style due to Willy having a more dynamic skill set and being better at carrying the puck through the neutral zone. Then said why he had trouble in the AHL. I actually said nothing about William being better until you jumped down my throat saying William was a 4th line player this year. I don't think even Buffalo fans would think I was being unfair to Alex with my original comments.

And again, there are only 3 games where Willy played predominantly on the 4th line. @Calgary, @Edmonton and @Pitt.

Now you just attack and generalize a fan base. I really don't see how it. I pointed to a piece that mentioned it. I could point to Pronman ranking William higher in his best 30 of the last 5 drafts articles. I could dig and find the statements made by the Hockey Prospect people to the pipeline show.

You claimed that many (60% was your estimate) had Alex as better, and have never found an article or supporting a piece of evidence that claims this. The closest thing I've seen was the Bob McKenzie tweet close to that draft where he said scouts think he might play a more pro-ready game.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Pettersson is looking real good on the PP, must feel good to be a canuck fan. His shot might not be elite on 5v5 but on the PP when he have time to do the nifty little side way drag it sure looks deadly.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
His brother is much more dynamic coming through the neutral zone which allows him to create more chances for himself and teammates.

Alex is great when given time and space, which is why you can't let him shoot 5 times on a power play if you have any intention of killing that penalty off. His problems at the AHL are primarily two different things. Firstly, until this year, Rochester was terrible. Secondly, last year he was on the smaller side, and he's a guy who needs space and he simply wasn't able to create it with regularity. He'll get compared to his brother but I see sizable differences between the two even in style.

So a prospect who has 1.50 ppg in Wjc as underaged must have time and space to be great? I would say that primarily he has been injured (only had 15 games this season) You forgot to mention that! You quoted me mention about that! It takes time to come back from some injurys. And you do mentioned William, and after talking about Alex so called weakness you take a clear stand. To me its no difference in the skill department.Alexander Nylander He has also has better and more accurate shot.

Please find me this 60-40 you claim? He played maybe 2 games on the 4th line and was still kept on our PP and was bumped up multiple times in game.

If you are going to call me a Leafs Homer, I highly doubt your objectivity when it comes to them due to your dislike for them. I have never been unfair in my evaluation of Alex.
From occasionally shifts in the 4th line to 2 games and later 3 games, do you really see your own team play? Have you missed that Babcock sent both him and Marner to 4th line? Perhaps to get them going! Your own board are full of that subject!

Was that a evaluation , poor him, need to play in italy to get the space!

I never said you hate the William Nylander. I said I doubt your objectivity when it comes to the Leafs.

!
No you said dislike them, which are totally false!

You also claimed that the Swedish U-20 Wjc staff and some other swedish prominents sees William as the more talent one! Look forward to sources and links to that. If you read that somwhere , i can tell you that you dreamt. You throw Names here and there and thnks thats some kind of evidence.

Both went 8 in the Entry draft and Alex Draftclass was better, thats the simply truth! Yakupov was Bpa, and hes a busting no 1.
My cousin said he was a bust at no 1, hes a Carpenter

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So a prospect who has 1.50 ppg in Wjc as underaged must have time and space to be great? I would say that primarily he has been injured (only had 15 games this season) You forgot to mention that! You quoted me mention about that! It takes time to come back from some injurys. And you do mentioned William, and after talking about Alex so called weakness you take a clear stand. To me its no difference in the skill department.Alexander Nylander He has also has better and more accurate shot.

From occasionally shifts in the 4th line to 2 games and later 3 games, do you really see your own team play? Have you missed that Babcock sent both him and Marner to 4th line? Perhaps to get them going! Your own board are full of that subject!

Was that a evaluation , poor him, need to play in italy to get the space!

No you said dislike them, which are totally false!

You also claimed that the Swedish U-20 Wjc staff and some other swedish prominents sees William as the more talent one! Look forward to sources and links to that. If you read that somwhere , i can tell you that you dreamt. You throw Names here and there and thnks thats some kind of evidence.

Both went 8 in the Entry draft and Alex Draftclass was better, thats the simply truth! Yakupov was Bpa, and hes a busting no 1.
My cousin said he was a bust at no 1, hes a Carpenter
Whatever, you've lost the plot. Ranting about Yakupov (who has nothing to do with this) and some cousin who is a carpentar. I'm done discussing this with you. If you think Alex is currently as good as William was at 19 and 18, more power to you. You haven't provided one piece of evidence backing up you 60-40 claim. You haven't even found any source that says Alex is better. I've provided multiple from that time period and can readily provide them (The Joyce article, Pronman's rankings, the interviews with Mark Edwards and Ryan Yessie of Hockey Prospect).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad