7 Radim Salda - 14 Ondrej Vala

1 Jakub Skarek
30 Josef Korenar
2 Milan Kloucek

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The Czech team is pretty solid (obviously, they beat Russia), but I think Sweden are on a different level, they’re just so talented. This is a good chance for Sweden to show how good they are, I think they dominate the game and win by a solid margin.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Always used to hate the Czechs 15-20 years ago, due to all the diving and dirty stuff, but I'm honestly glad they are finally starting to produce some great talent again.

My take on this game.

Forwards are a wash, perhaps even a small advantage for the Czechs. Sweden's defence is better.

That leaves the goalies. Not impressed by the Swedish tenders and know nothing about the Czech's.

A new Hasek?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Always used to hate the Czechs 15-20 years ago, due to all the diving and dirty stuff

It is funny that 15-20 years ago Canadians were blaming Czechs of diving and dirty play, and Czechs were equally blaming Canadians of rough play, cowardly fouls, hitting on the head etc. Here in the Czech republic, every hockey fan hated Canada, labelling Canadian players as dirty cowards, who are hitting from behind and brawling when the game is not going the way they like, to say "but Canada has great players" was almost dangerous among the fans here. And some years later, I have learned that many Canadians have had equal animosity for the Czechs, calling them divers and dirty slashers. This was sort of funny.
However, I believe that the former eastern block hockey and the north American hockey have intermingled so massively since then, that these verbal wars make no more sense.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Hopefully Michnac is in tonight. There's only a slim chance against this Swedish team for us. They don't seem to have real weakness. Looking forward to the game though! Our top 6 should do some damage. :)

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Key game for this group. Apparently the Czech squad is better than usual this year, so I expect a pretty hard fought game.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chytil vs Lias tomorrow! This is the game I’ve been most looking forward to
I expect Sweden to easily win but the Czechs are looking nice as well. Chytil, Necas, Kaut, Zadina, Zachar are all highly skilled offensive players. I think the Czechs could maybe keep it close but their defense is scary (not in a good way)

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Chytil vs Lias tomorrow! This is the game I’ve been most looking forward to
I expect Sweden to easily win but the Czechs are looking nice as well. Chytil, Necas, Kaut, Zadina, Zachar are all highly skilled offensive players. I think the Czechs could maybe keep it close but their defense is scary (not in a good way)
FYI, the game is today. Don't want you to miss it o_O

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lias Andersson battle against Filip Chytil on the ice should be interesting before the Rangers game tomorrow vs Detroit, and hopefully they are both friends in the next year Rangers training camp in 2018. :thumbu:

:x):

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I really can't understand why Lundeström isn't centering Nylander and Petterssom. L.Lindström is pretty useless tbh, even Davidsson would be a better option.

I suppose what they are trying to do is to have 3 scoring lines, but i very much doubt that it'll work out.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I really can't understand why Lundeström isn't centering Nylander and Petterssom. L.Lindström is pretty useless tbh, even Davidsson would be a better option.

I suppose what they are trying to do is to have 3 scoring lines, but i very much doubt that it'll work out.

Lundeström is maybe the last center I'd put on the top line. Davidsson would be a good option, unfortunately they view him as a grinder.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver

That line of Lundestrom, Soderlund and Steen has been together a while now and looked very impressive at the summer showcase, particularly in a game I recall where the line scored 5 or 6 goals. With that being said, that top line should be the priority, and if Lindstrom isn't doing the job, they should make the change.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Skating will make the difference. 5-2 Sweden
Skating is actually the thing which considerably improved over the past few years in Czech players development. Shooting And puck skilly are still pretty average, but skating is ok IMO.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

That line looked pretty good to me last game?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Skating is actually the thing which considerably improved over the past few years in Czech players development. Shooting And puck skilly are still pretty average, but skating is ok IMO.
It has improved for sure, but it's still a level below Canadian, American and Swedish skating ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad