GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 08 • Group B: RUS (5) - SUI (2) F

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
So far this team ...ux, but at times they show gleam of hope, that only if they could sustain this kind of play but they can't. It's quite normal for Bragin to build bunch of pretty raw kids into a formidable team by play-offs. This team seems too raw, hope Bragin has enough time, improvement since the CZE game is marginal (especially considering the fact that SWiss played back-to-back games)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
What is this Kostin hate I'm reading about? The guy isn't super-skilled but he's a beast at U20 level.

agreed the most complete player today.

Was not impressed with ska - neva players during the super-series and now they are way worse. The fact that future career VHLers are running wild on the first line is scary.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
agreed the most complete player today.

Was not impressed with ska - neva players during the super-series and now they are way worse. The fact that future career VHLers are running wild on the first line is scary.
There is no 1st line.

Kostin looks lazy to me at times. Should move his feet more so he wouldn't have to reach for those pucks. He has the shot and his set up for Kayumov was real good. But he could be much better if he would put more effort into moving into right spots without the puck.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Based on the opinion of experts and coaches. Even as a fan, if you look on the potential roster next year, 2000-2001 year is considered very talented. Svechnikov (well, he is expected to be in NHL by than, but still), Denisenko, Khovanov, Kravtsov, Zavgorodny, Artemi Knyazev ( one of the most hyped defenceman from Russia, wouldn't be surprize if Bragin will take him) etc.

I like these players but I don't see anything extraordinary there. And Knyazev isn't having a very good year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What is this Kostin hate I'm reading about? The guy isn't super-skilled but he's a beast at U20 level.

Well, Kostin is solid. He just isn't Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin, Kaprizov, so people aren't very kind to him. The same can be said about every this team's player, but Svechnikov.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Well, Kostin is solid. He just isn't Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin, Kaprizov, so people aren't very kind to him. The same can be said about every this team's player, but Svechnikov.

Kostin is only 18 and he missed most of last year with a shoulder injury. He’s a big boy who plays tough and can score.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I thought Kostin was the best player against the Swiss. On a small rink, you need big guys who can dominate in front of the net like he did on the first goal. He seemed to want to assert himself yesterday, and it will be very helpful if that attitude continues.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Count me as a doubter who hopes I am proven wrong. I thought the loss to the Czechs was a death sentence, since it would require either beating Sweden on the 31st or beating the USA or Canada in the QF's. The USA loss to the Slovaks makes me think they might not be so unbeatable. Maybe there is hope to end up in the Semis if improvement continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad