GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 05 • Group B: SUI (3) - BLR (2) F

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Upset alert in this one. Belarus battling hard.

2-1 right for the Belarusian's

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I think all 3 are pretty close. But I wouldn't just slot Denmark into the relegation round either. It's entirely possible they beat Slovakia. The bottom of the tournament is really close this year IMO

I feel like Slovakia will be in limbo this year; better than the bottom three but worse than everyone else. Anything could happen though.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wow, Belarus had some really nice chances there at the end. Too bad they couldn't find a way to tie it. They have a huge uphill climb now which certainly has to include getting something from the Russia game or beating the Czechs and having the Swiss beat the Czechs both in regulation. Which isn't going to happen. They'll be a tough out in the relegation side though.

The Swiss team is a little weaker this year than normal, and the Belarus team is better than the one who got fairly easily relegated 2 years ago. This will be closer than most people think IMO. I'll go 3-2 for the Swiss in OT.

With the Czechs winning yesterday the loser of this would probably have to beat Russia to give them a chance at avoiding the relegation round. In other words the loser of this almost certainly finishes 5th in the pool

We're gonna ignore the fact I said it would happen in OT and say I got this right ;)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yikes Switzerland looked bad. It’s obvious that they are really missing Hischier. Props to Belarus on a hard fight.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Belarus played well, Switzerland was a huge disappointment for me. Too many giveaways, too many mishandles, given the fact the tempo of this game wasn't of the highest. Unfortunately for Belarus, their captain and one of their best player took that silly penalty some 3 minutes to the end. This was perhaps the decisive moment. But great pressure and rush in the last seconds anyway. Plus: Sharangovich grows into a monster player.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sharangovich keeps this up and he will get his name called in this year's draft (provided he had NA aspirations)

He played well at the World Champs in summer as well... was one of Belarus's best players for me (I thought then he might get taken in draft as a result). Also is holding own in KHL.

And he is a good skater. I mean, not more than a 3C ceiling. But he has a high floor.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad