World Cup: 2018 WC Qualifiers Part II

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
France leads 2-0 so no need to do anything now from our side.. don't take any cards basically

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Absolutely awful half by Sweden. Couldn't make a 5m pass. It's one thing to play on the result but this was just pure passivity.

Feb 24, 2017
2506642A-C3F4-42AF-AB04-EF10087F6481.png
Can anyone tell me what the backwards C looking mark on the chest area of the jersey is supposed to represent in this European Qualifiers logo?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Switzerland is 9-0-0 entering the final round of qualifiers, and they most likely have to go to a playoff. That sucks.

You know the group is bad when two teams go 8-0 against the other four teams. Third best team in the group is ranked 60 or so, that's atrocious for an european qual. group.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
UEFA round 2 playoffs should be interested. Currently it looks like:

Seeded: Switzerland, Croatia, Northern Ireland, Italy
Un-seeded: Sweden, Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Greece,

However, the FIFA rankings will shift in October so it will be interested to see where everyone stacks up then. Notably, Italy drew Macedonia away, which is likely to hurt their FIFA ranking considerably. I could easily see them being an un-seeded team.

Regardless, the only team that I can see Italy struggling against is Croatia.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
ESPN has went ahead and done the seedings already.

http://www.espnfc.com/world-cup-qua...g-seeds-for-world-cup-qualifying-playoff-draw

Seeded: Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Croatia
Un-seeded: ROI, Northern Ireland, Greece, Sweden

Of the seeded teams, Switzerland and Denmark are definitely the best ones to draw.

I agree based on talent and Pedigree but right now Switzerland is playing bettter than Croatia and even arguably Italy who really looked terrible the last few matches. The Swiss have become just a very organized and professional bunch. They've been playing punching above their weight for the past few years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree based on talent and Pedigree but right now Switzerland is playing bettter than Croatia and even arguably Italy who really looked terrible the last few matches. The Swiss have become just a very organized and professional bunch. They've been playing punching above their weight for the past few years.

With the Elvedi, Zakaria, Embolo, Mvogo, Edimilson, Akanji, Hadergjonaj, etc. generation establishing themselves in the senior ranks; and the Oberlin, Bamert, Janjicic, Lotomba, Hefti, etc. generation coming up behind them; their skill level should continue to rise in the coming years as well.

This WC will probably still be too soon, but come the euros they could have a really fun lineup:

Embolo - Oberlin
Zuber^ - Edmilson/Janjicic - Zakaria - Shaqiri/Widmer^
Xhaka
RiRo* - Schar* - Elvedi
Sommer

^RiRo / Spielman / Lotomba
*Akanji / Bamert / Hefti​

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Read on another forum of someone accusing the AFA of match fixing... they can't even pay their staff's expanses but can pay for matches? lool

Just thought I'd share that joke with y'all. Won't be in a laughing mood when Argentina draw 0-0.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lineup: Romero; Mercado, Mascherano, Otamendi; Salvio, Enzo Pérez, Biglia, Acuña; Messi, Di María; y Benedetto.

:help:

nobody should've expected anything different. Sampa is too afraid to try some new blood and he's clearly related to Bendawhatever. I mean Dybala has played a good amount of games now. There's really no reason not to play him in his natural position and actually finish those Lio chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad