2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
two amazing possibilities

the team no one expected in their first year

or the team everyone always expected finally getting it together, and the greatest player with no Cup

great story lines. especially compared to the last few years. congrats both teams

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Very surprised at all of the caps in 6 votes. Vegas just beat the best team in the league in 5 games. Caps are good but aren’t better than Winnipeg at all... should be able to outskate them and with Fleury in net I’m not worried

It's probably because the Capitals just finished their game when this thread went up. I wouldn't bet against Vegas here because I feel like they just beat a team who's better than Washington in 5 games. I don't really know if Washington has played that good of a team yet in the playoffs, I don't think the Penguins or Lightning put up very good showings against the Capitals this year despite the series being close.

Reactions: troyerlaw

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Two teams that have done the opposite of what they were expected to do. Both of these teams will fight for every inch of ice and every goal with Fleury and Holtby having the playoffs they've had.

This will be a difficult series and it's going to be fun to watch.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
We outskated the second best team in the league in the Jets. People will keep doubting us but I can’t see the caps keeping up with our speed and amazing goaltending over 7 games
Caps have amazing goaltending as well, faced faster teams, and if Vegas isn't careful will be worn out by the Caps physical play.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
We outskated the second best team in the league in the Jets. People will keep doubting us but I can’t see the caps keeping up with our speed and amazing goaltending over 7 games
Vegas is a good skating team but they look much faster relatively because the West is a slow conference.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I’m so f***ing happy!!!!!

Caps and Vegas, two amazing stories! Gonna be the best series (I’ll be super happy for either team that wins)! YES!!!

I’m gonna go with Caps in 6! Go Ovi!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Caps have amazing goaltending as well, faced faster teams, and if Vegas isn't careful will be worn out by the Caps physical play.

Winnipeg is a more physical team than Washington and Vegas didn't have any problems with their physicality.

Vegas is a good skating team but they look much faster relatively because the West is a slow conference.

Vegas didn't exactly play any slow teams, though. San Jose was an especially fast team, and I don't think Winnipeg was all that slow.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
As much as the Caps are a feel good story;

Think the Knights run right over them....easily.

Knights in four

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Hate to underestimate the Knights again and again, but man.. beating a team like Tampa is no small feat.

I have to go with the Caps here.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Winnipeg is a more physical team than Washington and Vegas didn't have any problems with their physicality.

Vegas didn't exactly play any slow teams, though. San Jose was an especially fast team, and I don't think Winnipeg was all that slow.
Can't agree with calling San Jose fast, they're pretty slow imo. LA was slow as molasses, and Winnipeg is average. Vegas would maybe be 5th or 6th in the east imo in terms of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad