GDT: 2018 Stanley Cup discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Anyone but Wilson and I wouldn't be calling for a damn thing, but he flat out needs to be suspended for the rest of the series for that hit. He clearly has no intention of ever stopping with the predatory hits and frankly the sooner he's out of the league the better.

Just checked and yep... Caps fans have circled the wagons on how clean that Wilson hit was...

I mean is anyone surprised? They absolutely f***ing LOVED Dale Hunter and Chris Simon back in the day.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That game kinda had a similar feel to game 1 of our Stanley Cup final.

Complete with completely lolerskates goalie screw up for a goal. It was really a pretty fun game, though not if you're a coach or goalie, I'm sure. In '06, game 1 was the peak of crazy hockey, and game 7 was the peak of high stakes, well executed hockey. It'll be fun to see the dynamic evolve here.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
At least when Vegas wins there will finally be a worse team to win than the Canes. Ofcourse no one will admit it but at least it’ll be true.
Just wait til all the Cup bonuses hit this offseason and they have to make tough decisions on who to keep and who to release/trade. Without 5-10 years worth of organizational depth to allow a next man up mindset, things could get very interesting out there in short order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad