GDT: 2018 Stanley Cup discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For the thirty zillionth time, he was only waiving his NMC for Vegas, and had all but explicitly said so before the draft. He did explicitly say so after the draft.

Correct. From the main boards: "On the Jay and Dan Podcast a few months ago MAF's agent was on. Paraphrasing what he said about the situation is that Fleury and Rutherford came to an agreement in December that he would waive his NMC for the expansion draft as long as Rutherford did not attempt to move him for the remainder of the season."

There was zero chance MAF was getting traded to Carolina or any other team. He wanted a chance to be on another cup winning team and then would agree to waive only for Vegas.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I had no idea what it was until last night. I clearly hear Laural and nothing but Laural and it's not even debatable in my mind (which is what is intended to be said). My kids and my wife clearly hear Yanni and it's not debatable in their mind. Interesting.

I even hear Yanny predominantly on these. I can start hearing Laurel mixing in but only when I try to hear it actively

Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
My brain seems pretty locked on Laurel

At the far right of that slider the best I can get is a demon croaking “Yaley”
My brain evidently has a high level of neuroplasticity as I can hear "Laurel" or "Yanny" at the center spot depending upon which extreme I was last at.

It is a bit freaky.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My brain evidently has a high level of neuroplasticity as I can hear "Laurel" or "Yanny" at the center spot depending upon which extreme I was last at.

It is a bit freaky.
The real fun trick is trying to hear both simultaneously. It's actually a neat exercise for being able to pick up in tune your mind in to different frequencies, and is a solid exercise to be able to pick up overtones. Just some perspective from someone that was trained as a music educator even if that's not what I'm doing with my life.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The real fun trick is trying to hear both simultaneously. It's actually a neat exercise for being able to pick up in tune your mind in to different frequencies, and is a solid exercise to be able to pick up overtones. Just some perspective from someone that was trained as a music educator even if that's not what I'm doing with my life.

That's interesting. My one son who could hear both with just subtle frequency changes played guitar for years.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
can you educate my fingers on how to do guitar better
Repetition starting at lower tempos and just building up is prettymuch the biggest thing I tell people with most instruments, and work on technique more then anything. I'm a brass guy so I really don't have any technique books I could recommend on guitar that would be the equivalent of the Arban's Method books but that's mostly because I'm not really that familiar with guitar rep to begin with.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Anybody else cringe every time you see the Canes commercial they are running during the playoffs? The one where the song lyrics start out “To fiiiight...” as McGinn punches...and misses...an opposing player. Seems like they could have at least found a clip of someone landing a punch.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Anybody else cringe every time you see the Canes commercial they are running during the playoffs? The one where the song lyrics start out “To fiiiight...” as McGinn punches...and misses...an opposing player. Seems like they could have at least found a clip of someone landing a punch.
I hate it cause the song is annoying and really bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad